Music

Kiss Daniel’s Tribute to his Father on His Birthday – ‘It’s Been 40 Days since I Lost My Best Friend’

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Kiss DanielToday is Kiss Daniel’s father’s birthday and the ‘Woju’ crooner took to Instagram to share a loving tribute.

Kiss Daniel lost his dad a few weeks ago and in his tribute he writes about so many things – from his dad’s last moments to things that could have been done better.

He wrote:

40 days… Happy birthday daddy*
it’s bin 40 days since i lost my best friend. Let me mourn daddy, av bin strong 4 too long ,let me cry… I wasn’t dere 4 u wen u needed me the most, I confess dad and I’m sorry … I fell in love with my job and cheated on my Family, it’s not worth it daddy, now i know… I never shuda listened to u wen u said ‘… It’s just typhoid , I’m fine’…U left before I cld buy u dat Car i promised for ur birthday which is today, dats not fair dad* u r d reason I cld make such promise… U my number 1 fan.. U called me 12am d day after I dropped WOJU to tell me it’s a HIT,dat day was the beginning of it all…dad, at least ,come back 4 d car, pls
…. D last day I saw u was d saddest day of my life, cuz u were in so much pain, I cld feel it dad… I cld feel it even tho u were trying too hard to be strong in my presence… I let my self be fooled by ur actions daddy, dats not responsible. av bin avoiding anything dat cld remind me of u ,but it’s not working, I av to do this, I av to let the world know u such an amazing being. Ur last words to me , “u a star among stars” u a dad among dads too n
Ur boy is doing fine .Folu is back on his feet after d accident and hez running the house now, tolu is just too wonderful a daughter, shez d manager of ur empire. Timmy and tummy r in good hands too with grandma.
I hope Jesus got u a giant cake for ur birthday daddy .. I love u so much , Happy birthday.

Stupid Son, oluwatobiloba

1. Abi

June 17, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Awhhhh- what a loving tribute. Pele Tobi…it is well?

• polypoly

June 17, 2015 at 4:02 pm

OMG, Dis tewwwww much chilleee!!!! I just had to RUN out of the office……I was reading the siblings updates on Folu, Tolu, timmy and my eyes were swollen red….my oga tapped me on my back and TEARS just rolled down like a waterfall…..LOL!!!!! she was like, whats wrong??? I couldnt answer and I just ran out…..I am supposed to be the Tough Black no-nonsense SistahGurl in the office and dem catch me dey cry……see my life

kai, Kiss Daniel u made me emosh and all oh. RIP baba Kiss Daniel. make sef go call my own daddy oh. Daddy forgive me for being that child that never calls to check on you. My dad always has to report to my siblings that I barely call or whenever I call its to speak to mumsy. I feel bad yall.

2. TA

June 17, 2015 at 1:52 pm

This is touching! May his soul rest in peace

3. emerald

June 17, 2015 at 1:54 pm

His love 4 U is Unconditional… Always know dat and U’ll do anytin U wana do… Stay blessed! He’s with the Lord dancing WOJU!

4. Lad

June 17, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Oh my… This brought tears to my eyes… I am sorry for your loss… I’m sure he’s in heaven smiling down at the responsible boy you are fast becoming… This is really touching…

• Lad

June 17, 2015 at 1:59 pm

You just got yourself another angel watching over you…

5. Daddy's girl

June 17, 2015 at 1:58 pm

I feel you . I lost my Dad last week and he was in pain too. I should have acted sooner than later but who am I kidding? If only mine had gone for a checkup like he was adviced earlier,maybe just maybe.We are first responsible for ourselves and our health too.
    The world is a busy place and no matter how loved you are you have to take care of yourself first.
    He is at peace
    His memories will live on

• Young and Confused

June 17, 2015 at 2:52 pm

@Daddy’s girl… I am sorry for your Loss Bubba.. Chin uP Soldier.. Like Lad said above.. Papa is watching over you.. He lives in you… So live your life to the fullest for him… live with No Regrets.. but with big dreams and a burning passion instead…

6. Chacha

June 17, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Awww.. so touching.. may his soul RIP

7. Yinx

June 17, 2015 at 2:19 pm

I feel goose pimples all over me reading this tribute. While dad is right there watching over u, please, never disappoint HIM! May his gentle soul RIP!

8. Bosola

June 17, 2015 at 2:26 pm

im almost in tears..would have cried but i dont want to distract my colleagues from work….

9. OD

June 17, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Just when it was time for him to start reaping the fruit of his labour, so sad. God knows best sha. Rest in Peace sir.

10. Duchess Maria

June 17, 2015 at 2:29 pm

This is so so touching 🙁

11. Oloye

June 17, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Very touching! RIP Daddy…

Lessons – take care of your parents while they are alive! You will never have enough, I wont wait till I have money for RR, will buy em the Sienna first . Will sell it and replace with RR when I get the money.

Just like me, I lost my DAD few days after graduation and I knew he shouldnt have died. So my Mum is always envied by her friends cos ama spoil that woman with everything ve got…luckily my wife is happy with that.

12. Sky Blue

June 17, 2015 at 3:26 pm

Tears were welling in my eyes reading this :(… Don’t beat yourself up too much, he is now in a better place watching over you, hon.

13. prince

June 17, 2015 at 4:34 pm

May his soul rest in peace but why are they always losing their dad once they became famous. Yemi Alade lost hers too. just asking

• Radio Katanga

June 17, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Same thought crossed my mind when I saw the post too. Sad though! Whoever hasn’t lost a loved one in death cannot understand the pain…

14. Kwincyj

June 17, 2015 at 5:57 pm

cry……..may his soul rest in peace dear. don’t worry dear he has a bigger cake up there.REST IN PEACE

15. daddy's girl

June 17, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Thought of that too. So many artistes loosing their Dad’s. I think its because most parents hang on just to make sure we are content with life then they let go. They are not afraid to face death.

16. tunmi

June 17, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Lesson learned. We have only one life. Take care of it well whether you are a mother or father

17. cancel reply

June 17, 2015 at 6:32 pm

You make no sense. Millions of people die daily, and celeb parents are not excluded from this.

• Tell-Them

June 18, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Everyone will die one day.

People are free to write tribute to loved ones that are gone celeb or not.

He wrote a touching piece to his father and didnt ask BN to publish it and definitely didnt ask you to read it.

If you can not sympathise I suggest you carry your insensitive soul and go wait for death.

18. ao

June 17, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Ndo. Ndo. Ndo. I know how you feel. I lost my dad prematurely last year and there has not been a day that goes by that I don’t think of him or a week that I don’t cry for him. The empty feeling is incredible. Daddys (and Mommys) are so precious.

19. peacefulsoul

June 17, 2015 at 6:51 pm

I am still crying . Very touching tribute. May his soul continue to rest in peace

20. AZ

June 17, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Sorry for ur lost dear. God wil grant him paradise, dnt forget to continue frm where Dad stop, ur young ones, family nd frnd’s. Take heart

• Kingsley Rufus(Kistar)

October 27, 2016 at 5:26 am

Truly saying sorry

21. june

June 17, 2015 at 10:14 pm

i literally cried reading this…don’t beat yourself up…everything happens for a reason…sorry for your loss nd may your dad RIP…

22. Abbey

June 18, 2015 at 12:07 am

This is so sad!

23. _tzsteph

June 18, 2015 at 3:55 am

:(tz well dear, saw dis yesterday on IG .. Am sure Daddy is proud of u where he is cos he’s already seeing u become dat ‘star of all stars’ .. Take heart boo

24. Ify

June 18, 2015 at 8:54 am

So sorry Kiss Daniel.

Running off to buy my mum that Samsung TV! It just can’t wait till Christmas or her next birthday, Life is too short!

25. I cried giant sweltering tears!

June 18, 2015 at 9:23 pm

I cried giant sweltering tears while reading this. I send big e-hugs your way. May God give you and your family the fortitude to bear the loss… My heart goes out to you all. Sad much!!

26. jawi

June 19, 2015 at 5:01 am

Sori bro.iz lyf,so we gt nt to take chances.i fyl bad 4 ur loss.pray God givs u a whole new hart to bear dis nd com bak wit new hits,ma woju guy!

27. Kingsley Rufus(Kistar)

October 27, 2016 at 5:28 am

We say with empathy to u danny sorry