Scoop

40 & Gorgeous! Rita Dominic Steps out for a Birthday Dinner

Rita DominicYesterday was Nollywood actress Rita Dominic’s birthday and the screen diva stepped out for a dinner to celebrate.

She looked uber chic in a pair of blue tailored pants and a black off-shoulder blouse. Her outfit was accessorized with a gold metallic belt.

We love it!

Rita Dominic 1

She thanked her fans for all their birthday wishes saying:

My dear beautiful Zamundans.. Being alive to see another year in my life was enough reason to be thankful and I didn’t think I needed anything else. However yesterday you all went out of your way to make my day extra special…
From amazing phone calls, thoughtful gifts, heartfelt messages etc, I was left shocked, humbled and grateful for the attention you all showed me..
At several points in the day I was overwhelmed with the outpouring of love. So I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart, for giving me a very memorable day, I will remember how fantastic it felt for a very long time… Lots of love and kisses!

Earlier in the day she was spotted on set looked gorgeous in a floor-length red dress.

Rita Dominic 2 Rita Dominic 3

40 looks good on her.

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/ritadominic

1. Damilola's

July 13, 2015 at 12:44 pm

She’s looking scrumptious, stunning, elegant every word in the dictionary. I know, people will come after me for this but I hope she settles down soon. Feminist crap out of the window, it feels good to be loved and love someone. A life partner, best friend. So, my prayer for you Rita on your birthday is you find that special someone, the right partner for you.

• her

July 13, 2015 at 1:12 pm

You are very ignorant to say that.first of all,feminism has nothing to do with not getting married.if Rita finds the right person I am sure she would love to get married.she always says it.secondly,you can pray for all the problems in your life and Nigeria and stay away from other people’s personal life.madam or sir marriage Nazi.

• Damilola's

July 13, 2015 at 2:57 pm

@her
      And you are stupid. It’s my opinion, and I wish her nothing but the best. How is that getting into her personal life. Did I ask her when she will get married or have children? No, so get lost.

• Blossom

July 13, 2015 at 7:33 pm

But is Rita into men?

• kiki

July 13, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Damiiiii…..what makes you think she doesnt have someone special in her life?
      Because she isnt a MRS yet? how many MRS are happy in their homes?
      Marriage is not the ticket to heaven biko.

• kikiki

July 13, 2015 at 2:11 pm

is someone hiding under kikiki ? The kikiki on top is fake.
      Miss Dominic i pray you settle down soon.

• Damilola's

July 13, 2015 at 2:59 pm

I don’t give a “F” about how many mrs are happy in their home. Geez, I’m just wishing her well. She might have a special someone, but it will be nice to get married unless she wants to go oprah route.

• Don't care

July 13, 2015 at 1:30 pm

@Dami, but why most you drag feminism into the matter? And even call it crap. No true feminist has ever said “don’t settle down or don’t find love.” It simply preaches self love and worth for every woman. Which I’m sure Rita has for herself. If not, she would have probably died from pressure to go and marry.

I do hope she finds someone she loves & wants to spend the rest of her life with.
      Until then, she should keep being the awesome person she is.

• Damilola's

July 13, 2015 at 3:04 pm

@ don’t care

Well, some part of feminism also preaches a woman doesn’t need any man. Isn’t that the reason you see many women out there who don’t want to get married especially some professional successful ones. No man is good enough for them. She’s good all by herself. Yeah, some part of feminism is crap especially this whole modern level of it.

• her

July 13, 2015 at 4:58 pm

My dear dont care,dont argue with ignorant people like damilola they’ll beat u wid their stupidity.she wont research about what feminism is about

• Proposal

July 13, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Not even that dear, the importance of a family cant be over emphasized.

If you have ever been let down in life, you will know the importance of family
      Even when you fail or mess up, your family is there for you
      When the whole world forsakes you, your family will still accept you

Friends are good o, so also are fans and well wishers but family members share the deepest moments, your early mornings, nights and midnights with you. When you fall sick, cant go to the kitchen to cook, cant even carry your legs, family members will be there to do for you.

When you think you are rich, people will come to share the fame and benefit from you. Let the tables turn, they will fade away. If you don’t believe, ask Goodluck Jonathan if all those people around him are still there now

Just recall the bond between/among you and your sibling (s). As you all grow, you all will form your own family of procreation and leave your family of origin. Your family of origin cant remain the same forever cos your siblings too have to form their own families, dedicate their all to their FOP and got no time for the siblings, like before.

But since the new generation prefers loneliness, lone ranger tins, singleness tins, lack of commitment ….make we siddon dey look

• NIBU

July 13, 2015 at 2:22 pm

I’m confused by this comment, she has a family doesn’t she? She has a father, a mother, siblings, nieces and nephews doesn’t she? Or is she an orphan? Or is she estranged from them
      OH! I understand, you mean family is defined by someone she’s married to.
      okay *sips tea*

• smh

July 13, 2015 at 2:38 pm

you’ve said it all. i respect she is waiting for true love but what’s really important are children.if you are lucky to get a good man,great!! don’t forget people can pretend to be whatever just to get you then later show their true color. i pray she finds her mr perfect or whoever she can love and be loved soonest. you can have nieces and nephews but it can never be the same as having your own kids. if your mr is dulling pls go to any sperm donor and make your beautiful babies and be happy because all those people that are quick to attack people that point out why you should settle down will not be there when you need that help that can be rendered by your kids. growing along with ones kids is better than having them very late n them not having you around is not good at a very young age.

siblings will always be siblings but wait till they get married and start having kids,you will feel all alone at some point. i’m not saying she should marry o..just wondering if she has ever considered what i said earlier.if not,it’s still non of my business or anyone tho. whatever makes her happy is fine.

• Proposal

July 13, 2015 at 2:50 pm

NIBU, read again ok and thank me later.

Did you see family or origin and family of procreation up there and how as you grow up, your siblings from your family of origin finds their level, gets settled and concentrates on their own family of procreation and a new cycle begins all over again?

Your hand was itching you to type or na so you hate any talk about marriage and a lady marrying a guy?

• Smhtoo!

July 13, 2015 at 8:27 pm

@smh why do you assume she wants kids or every woman wants kids for that matter? Mehn! You guys should chill with this children issue, I don’t know if it’s just the environment I grew up in or what but I have come across men and women that are very comfortable without kids and don’t even want kids. After all it’s people’s children that they executing everyday for drugs, it’s people’s children that are boko haram, Isis et al. It’s better to be single and childless and fulfilled with yourself than to have a child that you won’t sleep because of. So out of desperation she should run to anonymous donor and breed fatherless children? Please abeg don’t advise nonsense. She’s 40, she knows what’s up and she’s not stupid not to go through that route.

• p

July 13, 2015 at 1:53 pm

@Damilola i agree but she’s so gorgeous… rita rita all this youthful secret your hiding please tell us oh!!!

• Zero

July 14, 2015 at 9:23 am

I SAY NA FOTOSHOP!!!!!

• Anastacia

July 13, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Being a feminist is not synonymous to being unmarried. Rita girl u rocking 40 like its 20 i wish you many more happy and fulfilled years.Keep it up

• Kadara

July 13, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Clearly you don’t even know what feminists are about. There are many happily married feminists, the point is marriage is a choice and society should stop pressuring people ( mostly women) into it. She’ll get married when she meets the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with if she chooses to marry, till then she’ll live her life to the fullest. You do know though that one can be in a relationship where they are loved and cherished and happy without getting married e.g Oprah and yeah sometimes those relationships break up just like marriages do. My point is let people choose their own parts and stop trying to project what’s ideal for you unto others

• or

July 13, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Happy birthday Rita!
      Genevieve and co are celebrating their birthdays backwards.
      Genevieve celebrates every other years for 34th,36, and back to 34th.
      Her own very daughter may be closer to 40 than she she is.
      Even that refined Enugu/ Village refined lady said she 34? how????? Her knee alone looks 43
      My dear Rita i wish you married and sorted very soon.

• lindsay

July 13, 2015 at 2:48 pm

indeed you are very ignorant, marriage is not a do or die affair. I can tell you have no sense of self worth and you need a man’ s attention to make you feel special

• Oma

July 13, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Well, a good thing you ended it as a prayer because there was no need to bring feminism into it. Not every woman who is unmarried chose to be and not every openly acclaimed feminist is unmarried. Chimamanda is an open feminist and she is married and appears to be expecting her first child. I do not remember Rita ever declaring herself one.
      I want to believe you are a woman, and if married, thank God you have found your partner but not every woman is that lucky. Some find theirs much later in life and some never do, but all deserve to be happy and enjoy their God-given life to the full!
      I look forward to the day Nigerians will respond to a post like this without pointing to the fact that the subject is unmarried. After all its not as if there is a market where husbands are sold and people like Rita refused to go.

• EbonyDuchess

July 13, 2015 at 6:26 pm

Love this.

• whocares

July 13, 2015 at 3:18 pm

“drop that feminist crap” LMAOOO. I will be extremely disappointed if you are above the age of 22. I will also start a collection to buy you books, a kindle if you do not like books, or a laptop if you are more of a visual learner. Whatever means it takes, I will help you learn. This all depends on the largesse of the people of course and if they think you are a worthy cause to invest in.
      Every single time I come across some dimwitted comment on feminism I bypass it because who needs the headache, but truly? Really? You think she is not married because she is a feminist? This is the height of ignorance. I am honestly afraid for you if you go on this way. Don’t take it the wrong way. If you are on BN at work as most of us do 😉 just go on google and type in feminism in Nigeria if you want to save data cost.. Skip the wikipedia entries, start from the egba women.. You are yoruba, you can relate; work your way up from there.

• Oma

July 13, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Thank you o jare. data is indeed too cheap, smh

• Thots

July 13, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Damilola, your prayer is tainted with judgement and assumption and so it spoils it all. How can you accuse someone you don’t know of not wanting to get married because of feminism? That’s very shallow and unfair and a shame. Wish her well and move on with your own life.

Some people are wise enough to know that marriage is not about marking register or public show but to find someone who will make you genuinely happy…and that it will last. I agree with those who say you really should mind your business.

Pray for yourself indeed. You’re not Gods secretary. He will sort her out in his own good time. Many Happy returns to her!

• Funmi

July 13, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Biko enough with your back handed compliment. Do you really think that if Rita meets someone that she would love to get married to and who wants to marry her as well that she wouldn’t get married? Where do you get off criticizing other women about their marital status. Where did you get the information that she is a man hating feminist?
      Oya na dash am your husband. Anu ofia.

• ola

July 13, 2015 at 5:12 pm

ur just a big mumu.. How many nija celebrities u see today are happily married. I love the fact that she is happily single and so far no one has accused her of husband snatching. Lets even forget that one sef
      Do you realize that not everyone that is married is truly married. Rita has said it severally .. she hope to get married once… all this bad bell people that don’t know their self worth…
      AND by the way Better go and do a research on what FEMINISM is ???

• Mondavi

July 13, 2015 at 5:59 pm

She tell you say she no get boyfriend? Abeg park well jare

• goolicks

July 13, 2015 at 6:59 pm

Hala Gorani…… Cnn News Anchor, got married at 46yrs of age… last month.. bottom line,, do you! And prioritise ur happiness above all.

• Tosin

July 13, 2015 at 8:36 pm

How stylish! Enjoy your birthday.

• nnenne

July 13, 2015 at 11:45 pm

My wish is that God will send her the man of dreams, if that is what she wants. HBD Rita!

• Damilola's

July 14, 2015 at 9:39 am

[email protected] these commenters breaking their heads over my feminist statement. Continue to break your heads while I sip my tea sitting on my comfortable couch. Rita, herself ain’t even bothered.

P.S the feminist statement is not even directed at Rita. People telling me I sound ignorant, I must not know about feminism. They must be ignorant too, actually lack common sense or a functioning brain. Isn’t it the same feminism that says women should not only be judged by their sexuality but in the place also says women should own their sexuality(using it to get men) and not be afraid. Then you have these square heads and their feminist idols like Beyoncé, Kim k using that as a main driving force to their success. Also, u have chimamanda Adichie( who I enjoy her books) says to be referred to by only her name not husband’s last name. Isn’t that part of the concept of marriage, you take your husband’s name. She should have stayed single then or go Oprah’s route. You can’t change things with your distorted, contradicting viewpoints. I respect oprah more for standing on her viewpoints.
      And not needing a man was embraced by many African American women which resulted in many preferring to be babymamas than a wife or get to a certain age still be independent strong black woman. Apart from the problem facing black men, these were feminism theories that were adopted.

2. gloria okwusi

July 13, 2015 at 12:45 pm

HBD GIRL, I SO LOVE U

3. bruno FIERCE

July 13, 2015 at 12:49 pm

happy birthday. im so proud of u that u are not hiding ur age. nigerians love to hide their age like its an embarrassment to be a certain age.

pls change ur style tho. all these blousey clothes u wear I do not like them at all. Im glad u have gotten rid of that bushy weave u love caring.

• Thots

July 13, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Who cares what you like??? *confused* #weirdosOutThere

4. pinkie

July 13, 2015 at 12:56 pm

omg!! 40 sure came by so quickly.. how old was I when I started watching her movies? oh wow… wow! 40 is a lot of years though. she looks good too.

• Sugar

July 13, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Thank God shes truthful and not claiming 30 like some people we know……………….
      Rite ure fabulous!

5. iseemaths

July 13, 2015 at 12:56 pm

She looks stunning…

6. FasholasLover

July 13, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Happy birthday to her. Dat Ist photograph is on Baker Street – some Chinese restaurants around where she is standing. (Monitoring spirits tinz lol)

7. chukwukadibia

July 13, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Oh she look gorg @40!!

8. not hating

July 13, 2015 at 1:01 pm

I am not hating but Rita Nwaturocha was in Class 5 wen i got into Federal College, Ikot Ekpene, I am forty this year. and i left school at age 17. Happy bday to her and God bless her hustles.

• Ggggg

July 13, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Still hating at 40. Grow up ma

9. Miriam

July 13, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Looking yummy as always…love u sugar!!

10. chy

July 13, 2015 at 1:08 pm

rita dominic and kate henshaw, the only truthful actresses who tells their real age as it is witout minusing.you rock rita.i also wish u a heartthrob who will sweep u off ur feet and keep u in his house forever.keep slaying u look younger than 40

• chy no

July 13, 2015 at 1:29 pm

dont say what you don’t know though!! which one of them lied about age? Nse Etim also turned 40, Motola is certainly not lying. so?

• chy

July 13, 2015 at 2:14 pm

oh please take a chill pill and wish riri well on her birthday.i dnt hv time for arguements

• kikiki

July 13, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Genevieve,Chioma Akpota,etc lied. Some other local ones too

11. Jummai Hauwa

July 13, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Happy birthday Rita wishing you the best if everything good in the life. I love you

12. Kimmy

July 13, 2015 at 1:09 pm

She looks stunning. May God grant u all ur heart desires

13. chukwukadibia

Happy birthday sweet heart

17. uchechi

July 13, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Happy birthday desrest

18. khamila

July 13, 2015 at 1:26 pm

my love for Rita knows no bounds!
    Forty and Fabulous!

19. Priscy

July 13, 2015 at 1:46 pm

40 and fabulous
    Happy Birthday Beautiful Reedee

20. uche

July 13, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Happy birthday Rita Domimic

21. uche

July 13, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Happy birthday aunty Rita wishing you all the best things of life

22. p

July 13, 2015 at 1:50 pm

happy birthday Rita… you look absolutely gorgeous at 40. all the best!!! if this how 40 looks like please i want oh!!! i really want.. 🙂

23. kiki

July 13, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Wow!!!! pretty woman and aging gracefully too

24. Uchechi

July 13, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Happy Birthday Rita

25. HausaMadam

July 13, 2015 at 2:16 pm

At least she hasn’t pulled a Halima Abubakar and said she is 15

26. nene+

July 13, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Happy birthday Rita.
    I sincerely wish you the best as you turn 40. May God grant your heart desired. May you settle down if you wish so,and may your children come quickly.
    Happy birthday dearie.

27. Bella

July 13, 2015 at 2:51 pm

HBD Rita Dominic … love her to bits. And to those obsessed with her age, age is just that, a simple number. I don’t get this “Oh she looks good for 40, can someone tell me how 40 looks o”

28. Felinda

July 13, 2015 at 2:52 pm

There is a campus type movie Rita did with Caroline (then Ekanem) does anyone remember the title of that movie. It was released like around 2003 . So in that case Caroline was 16yrs old then playing level 200 campus babe 🙂 . Gosh i forget the name of that movie. They were BFFs in that movie. Happy Birthday Rita – 40 is the new 20. You rocking your age so well and you look so beaufitul just like other 40 yr olds like

SANAA LATHAN
    REGINA HALL
    GABRIELLE UNION

and many more – 40 and wiser. BN please remember its her birthday so we beg of you to not allow any negative comments. You know how some bxxx es do, ready to always talk some shyt. All one has to say is HAPPY BIRTHDAY, simple

• Ggggg

July 13, 2015 at 4:15 pm

You probably were in Secondary School in 2003 and should have paid more attention to Mathematics than home videos. 2015-2003=12 years. 40-12=28. Makes sense now?

• Ggggg

July 13, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Oh sorry, my bad. Your comment was directed at Caroline not Rita

29. polypoly

July 13, 2015 at 2:54 pm

is it me or does she look like Ebony Life CEO, Mo Abudu in that first pic???

more grease to your Elbow Aunty ReeRee……may God bless your Union!!! hahhahaa, yall didn’t kno she was secretly engaged abi (braking news tinz)

• whocares

July 13, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Oh is your tea cup overflowing? Is that why there is so much tea spilling about? Please don’t stop there, that tea cup still looks too full.

• Unlooking reader

July 13, 2015 at 11:22 pm

GURRRRRL! it’s about time you start your own blog! i love your comments

30. Keechi

July 13, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Wow! She’s already 40? Didn’t know that but she’s gorgeous anyhow. Black don’t Crack man!!

31. ACE

July 13, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Happy birthday Rita darling ! God bless your hustle

32. omooba

July 13, 2015 at 4:08 pm

But Naija, sha!! Why can’t we just congratulate her and move on … without bringing so-called ‘age-falsifiers’ into it? I attended Methodist Girls’ High School, and Genevieve was in two classes below me, and I am 37 years old. Please, you guys should chill out, ok?

Happy birthday, Rita. Many blessed years ahead.

33. ethel

July 13, 2015 at 5:08 pm

how does this comment section move from wishing rita a happy bday to discussing and arguing and her marriage life?i no understand some pple with their inability to just stay out of someone business.is it really that hard?who knows?

34. fashy me

July 13, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Happy birthday Rita…. In as much as I love you but common 40 wow…. Rita nwaturocha u were in my elder brothers class in constitution crescent primary ABA then Santa Maria, my brother will be 46yrs by Nov.

• Miss Anonymous

July 13, 2015 at 7:18 pm

@ Fashy me….your brother was an olodo, who probably repeated several times. ? still 40/46 Rita looks gorg!

• Iris

July 14, 2015 at 12:56 am

Lmfao. Omg it’s like you were in my head!

35. Fix it

July 13, 2015 at 6:46 pm

If she’s 46 then she looks fabulous!! Pray you look like that and stop all this nonsense Aproko job!!

36. ACM

July 13, 2015 at 7:53 pm

HBD Rita, wish u all best in Jesus name. Amen.

37. Olayemi

July 13, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Can we just wish the beautiful lady a happy birthday? What’s with marriage and age falsification? Why are we slaves to our own medieval mentality?

38. Ahneetah

July 13, 2015 at 8:34 pm

Hot as ice!

39. Tlae

July 13, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Rita n femi Jacobs are dating, am praying seriously that the married. Bby then maybe all ye busy bodies would start asking when she would get pregnant. Igiotss!

40. Tlae

July 13, 2015 at 8:37 pm

#they get married# sorry 6or the typos

41. moses

July 13, 2015 at 10:18 pm

I love u I can’t believ that you have not married am confused about ur nature may God direct u

42. Rennie

July 13, 2015 at 11:29 pm

The comments on this thread are even more hilarious than UK’s Daily Mail comments on any slow day.

She really looks FABULOUS!!!

43. Honeta

July 13, 2015 at 11:53 pm

Africans sha. It is because of your bad mouths People like toke makinwa or funke akindele married the wrong person. Leave the young lady alone. Good men are hard to find nowadays. Do You want her to take anybody just to please you abi ? Happy birthday rita darling. I wish you the Best in life. Now let’s us face our own challenges.

44. tammy

July 14, 2015 at 12:11 am

Smh, Nigerians and their mentality. So make she go marry any Tom, Dick or Harry bcos she wants to be a Mrs abi? Eh gbadun rara o….This here is the reason most marriages don’t work, may God deliver u pipu. Oshi o da ni le po.

45. Funmology

July 14, 2015 at 3:23 am

Nse got married in her 40’s pls spare dis lady and wish her well, who say’s she still can’t find love? Happy Birthday Rita!!! Been loving u since 1990’s. Her character in the meeting (i watched again yest) sooo hilarious.

46. Nonamespls

July 14, 2015 at 6:58 am

Gorgeous!!she really really looks good. Wanna look like this when i get to the big 40 in 5 yrs. oya team fitfam where are you??

47. Zero

July 14, 2015 at 9:05 am

OMO!!!! SEE PHOTOSHOPPING!!!!! NO BE SO SHE BE OH!!! NAIJA AND THEIR WAYO,…SHE WANT MAKE UNA TRIP FOR AM DESPITE HER AGE!! HAHAHAHA…AND SEE HOW YOU GULLIBLE PEOPLE DEY PRAISE AM…HAHAHAHAHA

48. prettychico

July 14, 2015 at 9:12 am

Happy 40th Birthday Dear….Many Happy yrs to u

49. Jhennique

July 14, 2015 at 11:15 am

Humans!!! How did you all turn this into a marriage counselling session? i fear una oh!

50. bashebony

July 14, 2015 at 11:30 am

Happy birthday to you miss Dominic and for those of you calling people out for lying about their age, the last time I checked, none of you here birthed them nor the medical doctor/midwife who took part in the birthing process.. oya Bella Naija no post my comment!

51. mabel

July 14, 2015 at 12:11 pm

To think I told my sis that you’re like 37 while we were watching the movie Iyore? You looked so beautiful in that movie. Wow 40? Imaka abeg. Happy birthday and may God continue to renew your strength.

52. emmanuel

July 14, 2015 at 4:12 pm

40 ? And not married? Rita, abeg, if na to even buy husband, try buy, age is already catching up with u, those make ups and expensive cosmetics u use will soon weigh out

53. ebenezer codjoe