Style

Dabota Lawson is the Face & Name of her New Beauty Brand under her Company, ‘Billionaire Wife Ltd.’

BellaNaija.com

Dabota Lawson AkuIf you don’t know Dabota Lawson, where have you been?

The former beauty queen married billionaire businessman, Sunny Aku, in December 2014 (click here for the Exclusive official photos).

Dabota Lawson & Sunny Aku Wedding 05After jet-setting around the world, she’s decided to set her sights on building a brand around what made her famous – her beauty.

Her new line of cosmetics is named after her, ‘Dabota Cosmetics’, she’s the face of it, and get this, it’s a subsidiary of her company, Billionaire Wife Ltd.Dabota Lawon - Dabota CosmeticsIn her introduction to the brand, she made it known she’s been passionate about the industry since she was a little girl. In an ode to her beauty queen days, the tagline for the brand is ‘Made for Queens’.Dabota Lawon - Dabota Cosmetics 2She wrote,

Ever since I was a little girl I’ve always loved to glam up, and those who knew me back then knew how obsessed I was with makeup and anything glamorous!

As a young girl I dreamed of being the face of many big cosmetics brands, and as a young woman, worked tirelessly towards achieving that. But I guess God had bigger plans for me.

A few years ago a strong word came to me but I was scared; I didn’t know how to go about it or where to start from. Then I started attending cosmetic trade shows and I started meeting with big manufacturers in different countries to get more education about the business and suddenly I was speaking a different language! It was not just about colors or what I really liked; I realized that there was a whole lot of work that had to go into starting one’s own cosmetic line. The sudden reality of the scope of what needed to be done also nearly discouraged me.

Keeping my plan a secret all these years made it even more difficult to bear when I was faced with challenges, because I didn’t want anyone to discourage me or jinx it. So I didn’t have that necessary support system of friends and family to run to or talk through the trying moments I experienced.

Finally, just under two years ago, I decided to stay committed and do what needs to be done to bring my dreams to life, and after so many ups and downs God almighty did it. He gave me directions and taught me a lot that I didn’t know about this industry…

And today we have DABOTA COSMETICS! @dabota_cosmetics”

***

Best of luck with the new venture, Dabota! Let’s see what else ‘Billionaire’s Wife Ltd.’ has in store.

1. Janet

July 17, 2015 at 8:26 am

Billionaires wife Ltd?! Really though??? *rolls eyes*

• whocares

July 17, 2015 at 9:45 am

I know right. lool. And to think I posted a comment lambasting BN for putting a post about her birthday by describing her as a “billionaire wife”.. boy am I choking on my foot now. I chose to believe its as Olori Tari said. Its a tongue in cheek name.

• Jane

August 28, 2015 at 10:21 pm

BaBE IS A SHAAARP GIRL! She is using it to her advantage. Like Kendall and Kylie..NOBODY can use the name again. Babe is coming correct. Beauty and brains..den go fear na.

• Lanm

July 17, 2015 at 10:34 am

I know right. Smh. Girls these days, their dream = billionaire wife or baby mama.

• warizdiz

July 17, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Nigerian girls can hate shaaaa o. No one hates more than the thirsty bitches on BN. If this same Aku man where to look ur way, u would jump. Leave the girl alone. At least she is doing something with her time. Unlike Bruno that comments 24/7 on BN including on advertisements. Some girls will marry young men. Some will marry old men. It is her life. Why the harsh judgement?

If this product is affordable, and proper marketing is done, watch it fly off the shelf. You sit behind your laptop, Ipad and phones hating while the girl is doing something worthwhile with her time.

As for the commenter who said the cosmetics business is smal,l (can’t be bothered to look for your Moniker) and that the girl should have asked for a refinery, see how shallow your thot process is? Start small on your area of expertise, build on it and watch your empire grow.

You people be receiving 18K minimum wage, while graduates earn 25k yet you waste so much time abusing this girl. Same hate for DJ Cuppy all the time. I beg, poverty na bastard.

• Kaeto

July 17, 2015 at 3:34 pm

At least she married well, how many of you can say the same. Please I see no problem in marrying a man that can support you without any limitation. Oh yes there is the work hard one, well it takes a lot of hard work to get up and look attractive to someone. And yes, she has chosen her comfortable life, you did not give her. I don’t like when people try and shame other people hustle, when they don’t offer better opportunities.

• nene

July 17, 2015 at 6:40 pm

married well? not many people are interested in “marrying well”. for me, marrying well is marrying for love, not money.

• fay

July 18, 2015 at 5:55 am

It is all these fly by night blogs and nitwits who have access to a computer that started calling her billionaires wife and she stupidly is running with it. It is the most tacky and distasteful thing to claim your identity in monetary terms. It is classless uncouth and vile to do so. Where is humility and grace in all this?

2. Chinwe

July 17, 2015 at 8:28 am

Billionaire’s Wife Ltd.? Seriously? What kind of tacky mgbeke is this girl? And when he moves on to the next trophy wife because you have aged and “makeups” is not enough anymore?

3. Olayemi

July 17, 2015 at 8:31 am

Same supplier for BM Pro made her products? Goodluck tho.

4. ptee

July 17, 2015 at 8:34 am

Lol this girl can hustle. So you sleep with this odd looking old man for cosmetics and billionaire lifestyle.

• Bella

July 17, 2015 at 10:52 am

Seems kind of small, why not own an oil refinery at least for all your troubles of marrying an old guy, open a private school or something bigger than cosmetics, can we set our sights higher than cosmetics!! beauty is clearly not brains. Good luck to you madam, lets hope you remain a billionaire wife ltd …so lame

• nene

July 17, 2015 at 6:41 pm

she only has the brains for cosmetics. see the name of her company!

5. L

July 17, 2015 at 8:36 am

You go girl!!! ??????

6. sass

July 17, 2015 at 8:36 am

No dabota, it’s not that 2 years ago a word came and that’s how you were able to start.
    2 years ago ATM aka Osusu, aka Funding aka billionaire funding came through and you now have the resources to do what you want.
    Twale babe, I respect you.

7. temilade

July 17, 2015 at 8:40 am

seriously?? Billionaires wife ltd., clearly not a lot of thought put into the name

8. p

July 17, 2015 at 9:04 am

the name of her brand has already defeated the main purpose……why that name????

9. Olori Tari

July 17, 2015 at 9:21 am

‘Billionaire Wife’ ltd. haha I love it because it makes a mockery of those blogs that have suddenly changed her name to that…’Billionaire wife goes to bla bla’. I’m always thinking errrr is there really a need to put this as the headline every time? It is also catchy and I’m guessing it’s actually going to be tagged ‘BW ltd’. And look…what people are talking about is the brand name and that is mission accomplished! Now look for something else to make us buy Dabota Cosmetics itself.

Rather than ‘mgbekeish’…I see a woman who is saying ‘in your face’. Hopefully though, BW limited would be used more often.

10. bruno FIERCE

July 17, 2015 at 9:22 am

why must they mention god in any thing they do. god this for me god did that for me, god helped me embezzle funds god gave me oil wells etc

dear dabota u are were u are today because of the choices u made. u are married to a billionaire fossil and he is responsible for funding ur tacky lifestyle and ur tacky goals.

trust me its not god will for u to marry a man 10 times older than u. ur a gold digger and a trophy wife.

I swear I dont even know who her so called “billionaire husband” is. how much is he really worth? is he a billionaire in nigeria or dollars.

• Lanm

July 17, 2015 at 10:32 am

Shut up! They mention God because they want to. Just cause you do not believe in God, doesn’t mean you should force your foolishness down people’s throats. If they say God did if for them, God sure did. You aggravate almost everyone on this blog with your mindless unnecessary comments.

• Author Unknown

July 17, 2015 at 12:51 pm

You completely miss Bruno’s point. What did you score in Jamb.
      Bruno, na God win

• Adelaide

July 17, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Assistant God how do you know its not His will for her to be married to him. Gbenu soun

11. her

July 17, 2015 at 9:37 am

Please,what currency is her husband a billionaire?I cant see him on forbes list so it is definitely not in dollars so girl move over go and watch filthy rich billionaires or wall street billionaires.I am very sure u ll change dat name.

• nne

July 17, 2015 at 10:31 am

In your mind you made sense. What’s wrong with your currency?

• her

July 17, 2015 at 3:04 pm

U missed d point dummy.I guess u are one of dose peeps dat jump into conclusions.read and be educated.

• her

July 17, 2015 at 3:17 pm

There are many billionaires in yen,ceddis,naira whatever currency but before someone is classified as a billionaire in d world standard.you must worth a billion dollars.next time read and educate ur lovely self it is important.it helps you not to sound ignorant.you see nothing is wrong with naira

12. Anastacia

July 17, 2015 at 9:41 am

Another pretty face whose drive is to make her fame by riding through a man’s wealth. Shame on you woman Billionaires Wife limited? Is that your identity or your worth? What have you to offer us apart from your superficial shallow ideas. Please go and read about successful women who started from grass to grace and last I checked none of them started as a billionaires wife. Absolute Nonsense!

13. new bride

July 17, 2015 at 10:10 am

Delusions of grandeur!!! Is her husband really a billionaire?

Yet another reason to ensure I ban my daughter from ever competing in any of these pagents! All these ‘beauty’ queens seem to do is marry their grandfather’s seniors, become mistresses of rich married men or get pregnant for ‘celebs’. All for the instagram lifestyle, may God help you all!

14. Femi

July 17, 2015 at 10:57 am

Razz babe

15. babym

July 17, 2015 at 11:16 am

Hmmm omo me im feeling the babe o, she is redefining the ‘trophy wife’ most women in her shoes will just sit down and do nothing and be chopping the ogas money, until he kicks them out, them go come turn religious dey call God hehehehe. So if she is smart enough to use this opportunity to do something for herself, then baby girl all power to you.

• Garr

July 17, 2015 at 1:27 pm

All the trophy wives do the same shit. Become housewives/boutique owners/ sell cosmetics/ start charity organizations. Anything that can make them come home early & cook for their husbands before he returns home from work. They try their best to keep these men by not overworking themselves. They have to be consistent because there are other women who desperately want what they have. And Nigerian men do not give a phuck! They can cheat even in their graves. A trophy wife has to look good, cook well, & put it down in the bedroom to at least maintain these men’s attention. Competition is tough out here oh!

16. shady

July 17, 2015 at 11:35 am

@Anastacia no one says it better than u my dear. A shallow thinking human being , by d time the value of naira drops and husband wealth goes frm billion to millions then she will considering a new business name.

17. Adelaide

July 17, 2015 at 11:50 am

Wow it is unfortunate no one can commend her on her hustle. They mock her with billionaire wife tag she turns it to gold rather than been depressed but well what do I know. When life throws you tomatoes you make ketchup

18. iseemaths

July 17, 2015 at 11:53 am

Aaaah! mmmhm!???? okay I can’t make anything of this whole write up. So i will exit screaming “NEXT”

19. certifiable

July 17, 2015 at 1:08 pm

You all should free her abeg. She is hustling the best way she can with the resources at her disposal, are you not doing the same (whatever your hustle may or may not be)? Stop knocking her hustle mbok.

20. Straight

July 17, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Ur comment is baseless . Must every woman start from grass to grace ? Deep within u , u wish u were her . I dunno y u guys won’t allow a woman live her life! Bunch of haters!

21. Sheri

July 17, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Make up artist, model, ‘actress’, boutique owner, swimwear clothing…etc etc
    (What did I miss?)

PLEASE GIVE US SOMETHING NEW, INNOVATIVE, FRESH, this is so predictable. So many girls, young women jumping on the bandwagon, opening the business that are most likely to draw the most social media followers, these ideas are not coming from the heart, or from searching to find your purpose, they are coming from social media, and the desperate WANT to be recognised. How many of us really take our times to uncover what our niche is, to unveil our real purpose in life. Not many by the looks of it! Instagram is the devil.
    I was watching Irokotv the other day and there was a particular movie with ‘Dabota’ looking kind of girls, i took my time to study their acting skills, before judging the books by their covers, but boy, did they prove me right! The acting was horrid, to top it off i found out they were ‘ex beauty queens’ and ‘models’. There are real thespians out there, who were born to do this, don’t insult their craft! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

22. ACE

July 17, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Why all the hate now???? Is it una money? LMAO! You go girl, please if your husband has friends hook a sister up. Billionaires wife ltd…. LMAO

23. iba

July 17, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Good luck Dabota. Its weird i remember nothing from when she was the beauty queen. Like was it MBGN or Miss Nigeria. Oh well all the best lady…

24. Tunmi

July 17, 2015 at 2:52 pm

I like her!!!!!

1. I agree with Bruno. Nigerians and their God tag will not kill person pikin.

2. Go ahead my dear. This is brilliant. She’s owning up to her ish. I love her for that. And she’s making her own money. Abeg carry go my dear.

3. Lesson: whatever your situation, find a way to make the best of it. And if na your own two legs you use waka, stop calling God oh

25. word

July 17, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Too much hate in the world. While reading i was busy commending d girl in my head for her effort. Only to get to d comments. Then people will say BH and ISIS are evil. U dont need a gun or machete to be evil. She’s married to an elderly billionaire n siezing d opportunity to achieve her goals….so effing wot bikonu?!!

26. joe

July 17, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Go girl don’t mind the haters live ur dream. Goodluck

27. nene

July 17, 2015 at 6:39 pm

billionaire wife ltd, wow what a bimbo. of all the worn he saw to marry it was this dumb girl? smh

28. prospective customer

July 17, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Dabota, please what shade of lip gloss in your collection is the lipgloss on you lips on the flier. I can’t find the shade o

29. Sunshine

July 17, 2015 at 6:51 pm

Trophy wife wants ppl to loose money by buying her product. Thats smart!!

30. Girlbeingreal

July 17, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Billionaire wife limited? Girl are you for real?. You actually sat down and thought up this name.. Really! #cantdeal.. Dunno what to say. And no! God didn’t tell you jack! You narcissistic dumb hoe.! Hehehe (yea, feel free to call me hater)

31. Asake

July 17, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Why the hate? I really don’t understand. A bunch of the commenters or commentors are the most visible religious people. shame.

It’s her company so she can choose any name she wants. Her life, she married who she likes or love. You don’t know what she married for so please don’t assume or judge.

I don’t know Dabota personally, but i hope she sees this post. My advise, don’t get carried away, get the best make up training in the world, develop yourself to the level where you don’t have to market yourself. your work should speak. If possible segment your make up to low income and middle/high income brand so everyone can buy.

Irrespective of what you do, people will talk.

Be the best you can be. Keep learning.

32. Lilly

July 18, 2015 at 4:40 am

Sweetie u spoilt it all by picking that razz company title

33. Tee

July 18, 2015 at 11:17 am

@her in what currency are u a millionaire..? Why you mad hehn?

34. natu

July 18, 2015 at 2:17 pm

The idea is cute but she needs to work on the brand name. As a marketing student, I know that branding is very important and the name she has chosen is a bit off putting.#justmytwocents

35. Diamond

July 18, 2015 at 4:04 pm

It’s obvious she is trying to mess up her brand,is she selling to billionaire wives or to everybody?because I know very well know her fellow billionaire wives will rather buy Mac,Estée Lauder,Christian Dior,Lancôme ,Loreal or even Clinique,she rather dumb for using that name….intimidating her potential customers with that dumb ass name…

36. zibaintl

July 18, 2015 at 4:38 pm

haters and hypocrites evrywhere…shame on u haters…..i love it alrdy…..billionaire wife limited….wetin be d essence of d name..?..s essence is to catch attention..n dat purpose is fulfilled already cos ur upset n talking aborrit………also d slogan,,,,,,make up for queens ,,,,is also brilliant,,,,,,so get a life u haters……d man u guys are shouting is old is not even in his 70s n u guys are shouting u n down…………n for those dat are questioning if d hubby is a billionaire in dollar or naira or pounds,,,go ask google or better still go to dabota ‘s house n ask hw much her hubby is worth…rubbish hypocrites wishing dey were in her shoes,,,,n for those shouting love….how come all d guys dat are hussling are not married?..dey are looking for wives but u girls will not accept deir proposal bcos dey dnt have good jobs…so stop dis your hypocritically marry for money n not love u talk abt…go dabota ,,d lord is ur strength.. afterall d guy c una b4 he choose dabota to be his wife meaning she has sometin u certainly dont have…..

• Vidavi

July 19, 2015 at 2:41 am

Dabota…no one wants your life, you gold digging skank

37. Vidavi

July 19, 2015 at 2:40 am

I came here just for the comments, and my people did not disappoint lmaooo

• Ada Nnewi

July 19, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Hater!

38. sugar and spice

July 22, 2015 at 8:32 am

U guys should let her be…. it’s her life, her money (more like her hubby’s money) bt at least she is doing something worth her while, something she loves. Some of y’all bashing her here will readily become a billionaire’s (even a millionaire’s ) wife or even a side chick if d opportunity arises. At the end of the day the hate comments won’t change anything, she is still Mrs Aku and you are still you. So let’s at least commend her effort and move along, it won’t take anything.

39. Obianuju

July 22, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Whatever business one decides to venture into is nobody’s business and i hope she has a swell time while at it. My problem tho is this.. Bill gates, Donald trump, Zuckerberg and the likes all have wives. Now how come they don’t tag themselves “billionaire wife”