News

Pastor Tunde Bakare: “I’m Not Expecting to be Named a Minister”

Tunde Bakare Bella Naija

Pastor Tunde Bakare says he is not expecting a ministerial appointment.

Daily Post reports that Bakare made the statement during an interview with Sahara TV.

He reportedly stated:

“As far as I am concerned, I am not expecting to be named a minister. If I am offered an appointment, when I get to that bridge, I will cross it. I am already a minister of the gospel. Ministry is my calling and my life. The word minister means servant. When you expect nothing, you cannot be disappointed.

I keep on doing what I am doing, to be a solid supporter of the Buhari movement and what he stands for in public life. I have no regret on what I did in 2011. If an opportunity presents itself, I will do it again. I am not seeking anything.

Let’s not count chickens before they are hatched. The Bible says the expectation of the righteous will not be cut off. That is when the expectation of the righteous is in tandem with God’s expectation. If you are expecting from God, the flesh can fail. Who knows tomorrow? In the next two months, when the ministers would be named, what if nobody is here or alive?”

He is also said to have lauded President Buhari’s style of governance, stating “slow and steady wins the race.”

1. chy

July 31, 2015 at 11:36 am

indirectly u wish to be named a minister

2. NG

July 31, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Happy to read this- tells that Pastor Bakare will not mind being a minister. You will accept sir because it will be a call to service and although you have not functioned in such capacity before- political minister i mean- one is confident you are self-aware and understand the limits of your competence and so will know to bridge the competence gap by using the good hands that will be available to you wherever you serve.

3. Naijababeii

July 31, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Pls PASTOR TUNDE face ur folks in the CHURCH and leave politics, all we need is ur prayer for the country to move foward and don’t let ur spiritual oil drop down becos of nigeria politics

• Will

July 31, 2015 at 2:57 pm

That is a sad and ill-informed statement that you just made. The bible is full of men of God who functioned in political roles: Daniel, Nehemiah, David, Cornelius, Joseph of Arimathia, etc. At some point, a righteous man has to have a go at politics. We can’t all run from it because it is ‘dirty’. Someone has to tackle that dirt from within.

4. Judge judy

July 31, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Oh please put a sock in it Pastor….. Minister of what??? the one wey u dey do u never do finish.
    u r not expecting to be named ba? no wahala… face ya pulpit please

5. red

July 31, 2015 at 5:09 pm

lol

6. Efetogo

August 10, 2015 at 12:03 am

Pst Tunde Is A God Fear Man If He Name A Manister Is Good
    Because I Have Ready About Him How Him And El-rufai Work Hard For Peace Of This Courty Nigeria,

7. Ola Olukanni

August 17, 2015 at 7:01 pm

We need disciplined and God fairing people who are ready to serve but not to steal or loot our treasury in government.

8. Apostle Sunday

September 8, 2015 at 7:17 am

Great man of God or better still the man of the great God