Scoop

BN Exclusive: Mercy Johnson is Pregnant with Baby No.3!

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Mercy JohnsonCongrats to Mercy Johnson and her husband Prince Odianosen Okojie.

Her PR team have confirmed exclusively to BN that the couple are expecting their third child together.

She is reportedly due in December 2015.

Mercy Johnson and her husband welcomed their 2nd child Prince Henry Okojie in October 2014 and their daughter, Purity Ozioma is 3.

1. Zeeebby

August 25, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Na wa oh… Congrats to them….

2. Nike

August 25, 2015 at 1:12 pm

WOW!

3. Phoenix

August 25, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Congratulations Mercy buh its too fast now. anyways congrats!

4. Seriously

August 25, 2015 at 1:21 pm

They are busy in the bedroom. But, it’s nice to have them out of the way. Then you can simply focus on raising them and doing your own thing.

5. Noms

August 25, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Mama Purity, carry go.
    No time

6. paloma

August 25, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Someone should tell me to close my mouth :O

• Zeeebby

August 25, 2015 at 2:02 pm

CLOSE YOUR MOUTH

• Fashionista

August 25, 2015 at 2:15 pm

lmaooo. Please close your mouth Paloma.

• Real MVP!

August 26, 2015 at 2:37 am

Lmao! Yes close it.. The bible says “come into d world and multiple” so she Don dey multiple ????I praise her cuz I know after two babies that shit is OVER with..

• mee

August 26, 2015 at 9:28 am

lmaoooo i swear my mouth was open too o anyway congrats

7. RIFF RAFF

August 25, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Chica wants to churn all them babies one time and focus solely on her career. Plus, u want make her 2 years US visa expire? At least get 2 pikin out of it before renewal lol, if they renew it. But isn’t that risky when it comes to health?

• Tee

August 25, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Health wise it’s fine, it’s from the fifth pregnancy onwards where the risks increase. Having babies closer together means your body still remembers what it’s doing, and the labour is usually quicker. The after pains get worse the more you have though

• gurl_wendy

August 25, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Having babies close together is not fine healthwise, especially when it’s too close, before the body has recovered from the onslaught of pregnancy having another baby can lead to complications like anemia in pregnancy and malnutrition of the previous baby who gets neglected because his mother stops breastfeeding.

• Fasholaslover

August 25, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Haba @Rif Raf, that is not a nice comment. Not everyone is a charity case you know. If you show evidence that you paid your bills there should be no problem.

• Tee

August 25, 2015 at 7:37 pm

@gurl_wendy my comment was specific to this situation. Yes, there are risks complications conceiving 6 months or less after delivery. Those risks are small birth, preterm delivery, and scar rupture if you had a c-section. That neglect theory is way off, and anaemia is common regardless

8. Mom of 2

August 25, 2015 at 1:31 pm

That’s fast! Congrats to her all the same although pregnancy and childbirth are not easy at all especially when you do not allow your body to rest in between pregnancies. And before anyone goes for my neck, let me say I know dt first hand as I’m currently pregnant with my third (the result of failed withdrawal method) while still caring for my second baby. I pray for strength everyday. It’s not easy.

• Beeeee

August 25, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Failed withdrawal method ??????…. I feel your pain

• Sugar

August 25, 2015 at 3:26 pm

Do people still use withdrawal method as a a birth control method? This last time i heard about withdrawal method was reading it in books. I didnt know people still practice such.

• Peaches77

August 26, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Withdrawal Method remains one of the most effective, but for the experts o

• M&

August 25, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Lol @ Withdrawal method o! As for me, Oga pursued me kia kia, immediately after no.2 (who came a year after no.1), my 6 weeks postnatal was solely for FP things! He doesn’t want to hear story o! Congrats to Mercy….do it all while you can!

• Laura

August 25, 2015 at 4:53 pm

LMHO…….love your sincerity….

9. Thelma

August 25, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Congrats!!! But please take it easy. If woman never born atleast 5 pikin give Ishan men,come loose shape join, the men body no go come down. It’s easier to shed baby fat when there’s spacing. All the best. Maintain yourself.Cos Ishan men are not it in the long run. Na their fellow Ishan women fit them

• RIFF RAFF

August 25, 2015 at 2:19 pm

Waiting for Oshiomole’s wife Lara to get preggo. That’s when i will really believe.

• Ocean Beauty

August 25, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Bebe, seems you are from Edo state. Unfortunately, most ishan ladies wont touch their men even with a 100m pole

• Thelma

August 25, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Cos we sabi dem well well. Their middle name na Control,tax collectors(if their wife hold well),peacocks etc. abeggi, 90% of Ishan men no be beta husband material

• Isi

August 25, 2015 at 11:56 pm

As in ehn. We won’t…

10. Mademoiselle

August 25, 2015 at 1:54 pm

3, 2, 1…..na race??

Congratulations, thank God and we pray for safe delivery!

11. xplorenollywood.com

August 25, 2015 at 1:58 pm

I agree with you @Mom of 2, it is usually advisable, but i am guessing she wants to get it out the way. By the time she is done, facing her career will be the only thing, cause we havent seen you on the tube in ions and appearing in only ‘Thy Will be done’ isnt enough oh!

12. fabulicious

August 25, 2015 at 1:58 pm

I remember what my nurse said in my antenatal class when i was pregnant for my first.Till today the picture haunts me. She said a body of a woman after a child is like someone who has an injury and then when you don’t give yourself time to heal and take in again,its like pouring salt on the wound… Ewww,since then my middle name became family planning. Just my two cents. From a mom to another….jiri kwa nwayo.

13. dex

August 25, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Was thinking the same, follow up pregnancies but it’s her choice, @ mum if 2 God wl strengthen you.

14. Onetallgirl

August 25, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Wow! She is strong having kids back to back like that! I just pray that delivers a healthy baby.

15. Ngozi

August 25, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Congrats dear Mercy…

16. Julie

August 25, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Wow Congrats, When u r happy w people who God av Blessing, Almighty God ll double ur blessing. If u believe it say Amen. (SMILE)

17. Felinda

August 25, 2015 at 3:09 pm

if she is having babies back to back You are complaining
    If she did not have any baby after she got married you will still be complaining. She and her husband are not here to please you so mind your effing biz.

mercy congratulations and safe birth, i hope it is twins or triplets , and i hope next year and the year after than you Have some more. I prophesy 7 kids in Jesus name. You are very fertile. God bless you.

18. Californiabawlar

August 25, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Okay…My Uncle’s philosophy:

1st child: congrats, gifts, attend naming ceremony.

2nd child: send driver to drop off gift and call to congratulate.

3rd child: congratulate you whenever he sees you.

4th child: He won’t even acknowledge that he heard.

5th child: he might actually have to stop being friends with you ???

He always told me given unstable economic climes and changing values/divorce rates noone should ideally have more than 2kids. Less people to be accountable for if things go bad….which makes sense sha.
    By the way, he’s in his 60s, and has had this philosophy all his adult life! I just love that man?

• Chinma Eke

August 25, 2015 at 3:40 pm

I love your uncle’s philosophy! Makes sense.

• fabulicious

August 25, 2015 at 4:22 pm

Girl…Your uncle is the real MVP. We are just 4 in my family with and we had this one uncle who had 9 kids who always spread his kids out to go and spend holidays with all our relatives who had small families…..hahahahaha. Even as a growing child, i found it embarrassing.

• Real MVP!

August 26, 2015 at 2:34 am

@ Fublicious. I feel U tho! We are consist of four in my FAM that’s including mom and Dad.. Although they are in their Mid 50’s I’m thankful they don’t ve batallion kids chai.. And I’m definitely following that pattern. I ve an aunt with 8kids ( baby maker in the FAM) jeez smh the rest is history. @ California bawled I feel ur uncle cuz honestly, after one two babies, ain’t attending no more events from the FAM.

• Rose

August 26, 2015 at 11:46 am

Kai ur uncle is so funny…. Lmaooooooo

19. ThatAbiribaBae

August 25, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Firstly, what happens in her bedroom/family is none of you all’s business at all. Her body, vagina, uterus and money; not yours! She’s not asking you to help her carry the pregnancy nor is she asking for financial assistance. Some of you throwing darts, your mum didn’t space o. @Riff Raff what makes you think she only got 2 years US visa, abi you were the consulate that handled her application? People sef. If you cannot say a simply congrats and wish her a safe delivery, then shush!

If only you knew the amount of people wishing they can conceive for just a day!

And btw, my mum still looks exceptionally fabulous at 69 (she looks at least 10 years younger)! And she had me and brother spaced at 1yr 6months. Before you go on to health matter, she retired as a chief matron/midwife; so thank you but she was well informed! I’ve seen people of 10-12month spacing and children and mama during good.

On cheating levels because your body is “out of shape,” please kindly be informed that a man that will cheat on you, will definitely do, even if you have the most amazing body on earth!

Rant over, damn some comments be making me write an essay, pheww!

• ThatAbiribaBae

August 25, 2015 at 3:32 pm

consular I mean* apologies

• Anon

August 25, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Err the Us ‘consular’ can only give Nigerians a maximum of 2 years visa k? Its a fact so stop crying. Agree with everything else.

• asake

August 25, 2015 at 10:04 pm

But it’s renewable na.

20. Julie

August 25, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Do i hear u say blessing, sorry *Blessed, (SMILE)

21. Zee

August 25, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Awww,congratulations to her,i wish her well. Children are gifts from God. And to be sincere it aint really getting pregnant(if you sure know what it is to be TTC) so if she does easily, then its God’s mercies on her. Am happy for her though.

22. cryingneversolvedanything

August 25, 2015 at 4:02 pm

like play like play, this babe go born six children.

23. Adaeze Writes

August 25, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Congrats Mercy!

24. Laura

August 25, 2015 at 4:59 pm

i hear people say, have the babies, get it out of the way and concentrate on your careers….(laughs) raising children is another beautiful journey on its own…….

25. Lou

August 25, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Abi oh laura! No such thing as have your kids and get it over with, they don’t know

26. pastor pikin

August 25, 2015 at 7:02 pm

for those who say, have them at once and get over it, I say, that 9 months pregnancy period is actually the easiest time you’ll get. raising 3 kids under 5, wow!

27. Edith Emu

August 25, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Congrate to u mummy purity mercy johnson. Carry go dear.

28. Stella Kashmoney

August 25, 2015 at 9:43 pm

WOW. Some people have been busy in the bedroom. Congrats to them.

29. Somebody

August 25, 2015 at 10:04 pm

LMAOOO! Why na? My hubby is ishan and the most amazing Man on the planet so this ishan Men “battery” is funny. Plus hubby wants us to leave it at two kids but I want four even! Happy for MJ sha but make she rest after this one, ara lo n fi abo si.

30. Mom of 2

August 25, 2015 at 11:10 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who sympathised with my situation. Big cyber hug.

31. MMJ

August 26, 2015 at 10:39 am

Congrats mercy.I had my 3 boys in 2 years and half though we didn’t plan it that way.it was really a good experience and I didn’t have any complication.Now I’m 31 and looking fab and u won,t believe that I have even had one and I’m still strong amd wen u see my boys u will never imagine that thwy were not spaced.

32. MMJ

August 26, 2015 at 10:49 am

Congrats mercy.I actually had my 3 boys in 2 and half years though not planned and with no complications.I’m 31 and I look fab and you won’t believe that I ever had 1 baby.my boys are also looking good and won’t belive they were not spaced.I’m doing sisi now and I’m proud.

33. NOBODY KNOWS TOMORROW

October 16, 2015 at 2:10 pm

please its non of your business, why complaining the purpose why she got married is to bear children and whats else so that she can further her career. pls stop insulting b/c you dnt know tomorrow