News

Boko Haram Leader Shekhau Denies Reports about His Death

BellaNaija.com

Shekhau

A man said to be Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, on Sunday released an audio recording in which he refuted reports about his death.

Security experts reportedly confirmed that it was indeed Shekau’s voice in the recording.

According to Sahara Reporters, the recording was eight minutes long and in Hausa language. Here are excerpts of what Shekhau said:

“It is indeed all over the global media of infidels that I am dead or that I am sick and incapacitated and have lost influence in the affairs of religion,” he said in the recording released on social media.

It should be understood that this is false. This is indeed a lie. If it were true, my voice wouldn’t have been heard, now that I am speaking.

Gratitude be to Allah and with his help, I have not disappeared. I am still alive and I am not dead. And I will not die until my time appointed by Allah is up.

…This ostentatious person, a liar — I mean Buhari, who raised arms to crush us in three months. You Buhari, why didn’t you say in three years?” Shekau demanded.

We will certainly fight you by the grace of Allah until we establish Allah’s law everywhere on Earth.”

1. Ese_sleek

August 17, 2015 at 5:15 am

Na wa oooo..
    so which day will you truly die gan sef?
    To our Nigerian security agents, shekau DON resurrect, so which day will you people kill him again?

• SosotiredofNigeriansinsultingNigeria

August 17, 2015 at 8:20 pm

@Ese_sleek, Nigerian security agents did not raise the recent rumours or claim he was dead; it was idriss derby, the president of Chad, whose statement about 5 days ago that boko haram has a new leader and that shekau has been replaced, sparked rumours and claims that shekau was dead. A little patriotism and fact-checking beforehand can go a long way to make a person appear intelligent and clothe him/her with dignity. When you bash your country, you bash yourself, why can’t people see that? And you do it for all the people from all the other countries who read all these forums to see.

2. leftbrained

August 17, 2015 at 6:11 am

This is not the real shekau joor. This blood sucking vampires parading themselves with heartless impunity will soon be a thing of the past. I am not surprised tho, they are practising the real islam, all others claiming to be muslims are fake.

Nigerian military go bomb their ass out.

• honey omo lekki

August 17, 2015 at 11:23 am

Please explain …” I am not surprised tho, they are practicing the real islam, all others claiming to be muslims are fake.” so that there wont be a case of misquoting.”

3. The Wise One

August 17, 2015 at 8:17 am

I tire o.. we no know who to believe again!

4. libby

August 17, 2015 at 9:45 am

Who actually believes them when they say he has been killed? Lol its not like there’s ever been any tangible proof to support their claim

5. X

August 17, 2015 at 10:37 am

Shekau normally releases videos and not audios

6. ahia joseph wesley

August 17, 2015 at 4:21 pm

pikin wey say him mama no go sleep, him too no go sleep, shekau ur days are numbered!

7. ahia joseph wesley

August 17, 2015 at 4:27 pm

all u are using are western education, so why not drop them and use the one of islam, but how are going to get them, through western education, so why desturbing?