News

Deyemi Okanlawon, Kiki Omeili, & Taiwo Gasper Star in ‘Common Man’ by Stanlee Ohikhuare | Watch B-T-S

BellaNaija.com

If you don’t know Stanlee Ohikhuare, then you have to pay attention! This writer, filmmaker and producer, consistently puts out good work, with social-conscience themes. Remember Deadwood? The documentary about the plight of old people in Nigeria? Yeap! That was Stanlee {Click here if you missed it}

His latest work, Common Man, has been nominated in the Social Justice/Protest Category of the Accolade Global Film Competition, and is scheduled for screening at the International Peace & Film Festival, Orlando, USA.

Common Man is a narrative fiction piece featuring Deyemi Okanlawon, Kiki Omeili, Taiwo Gasper and Lord Frank.

We cannot wait to see the full feature film. In the meantime, check out the behind the scenes footage, with commentary from the cast and crew.

Watch it here:

COMMON MAN – B.T.S from @stanlee ohikhuare on Vimeo.

1. Folake

August 12, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Wow!!!! It looks amazing!!

2. Aide

August 12, 2015 at 9:46 pm

Hmm… looking like yet another spate of nominations and subsequently, AWARDS for my workaholic friend… kudos stanlee!

3. Benson

August 12, 2015 at 9:54 pm

THIS GUY IS A “KING” IN HIS ESTABLISHED PREFERRED GENRE. Just browsed through his website and was blown away! Nigeria’s entertainment Industry has hope – I must confess!
    I’m just wondering why I never heard of him till now.

4. Chioma .D

August 12, 2015 at 10:56 pm

Bella Naija – you guys forgot to mention the COLORTAPE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL in Australia.
    It’s indicated on his website and please, could you guys include that AWESOME poster with my crush A.K.A Deyemi Okanlanwon looking all serious and pouring candle wax on his hand? The official movie poster I mean. It’s really thought provoking.
    It’s on the director’s site here: stanleeohikhuare.com/news.html

5. Chris Ukaegbu

August 13, 2015 at 8:57 am

This is excellent. I am quite impressed at the level of preparation and execution observed by this film maker.
    When is the movie premiering?

6. mickey

August 13, 2015 at 10:11 am

I didn’t expect anything less from the “BEST CINEMATOGRAPHER IN AFRICA”

Congrats on the nominations. More to Come. Waiting for the Awards.

7. Critical man

August 13, 2015 at 10:16 am

I’ll wait to see the movie itself before making any conclusions.

8. harvest

August 13, 2015 at 10:44 am

Wow, this is so highly impressive, I love pple who give attention to details even to the least … God bless ur work Mr stanley.

9. Nollywood Film Police NFP

August 13, 2015 at 2:42 pm

There are two other Festival Screenings in AUSTRALIA and JAKARTA – INDONESIA that are not mentioned here. Just saw them on stanley’s website.

stanleeohikhuare.com/uploads/2/8/3/2/2832497/9918125.jpg?715

Kudos stan.

10. Justin Anozie

August 13, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Is this movie going to be available in the cinemas? I really want to see it. If the behind the scene video is this interesting, I can only imagine how the actual movie will be.

11. Debbie

August 13, 2015 at 8:17 pm

This director is a very CRAZY one o. I love his Mad Swag!

12. Arinze Okonkwo

August 14, 2015 at 8:01 am

Great work. I would surely love to work with this man. His movies are not your typical nollywood things. In short this is not nollywood at all.
    well done to his crew.

13. mma

August 16, 2015 at 8:36 am

Congrats stanly on your consistency!