Music

Do You Remember This #ThrowbackTrack? Listen to Styl Plus – Iya Basira

Deji S

Styl Plus - Iya Basira - BellaNaija - August - 2015

We all know Styl Plus (Africa’s “Boys II Men“)!

Shall we have a good laugh with the comedic song “Iya Basira” by the pop group – Styl Plus (originally STYL)?

This musical group made waves in the early 2000’s and their debut album “Expressions” housed numerous hits including “Olufunmi”, “Imagine That”, “Call My Name” and more. Among these hits was “Iya Basira”!

This comical ballad describes the activities at a local restaurant (buka). They also sing about how addicted they’ve gotten to Iya Basira’s food to the extent they no longer eat at their mum’s house or girlfriend’s place. The song got even more popular with the release of the very funny music video which received massive airplay at the time.

Where are they now? The group broke off several years ago after one member of the group; Tunde Akinsanmi decided to pursue a solo career, leaving Shifi Omoefe and Zeal Onyecheme. It’s exciting to know that the group is planning to make a comeback in 2015.

While we wait for their comeback, watch and tell us what makes Iya Basira’s food so special!

Listen to Styl Plus – Iya Basira

[audio: https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Styl-Plus-Iya-Basira-BellaNaija-August-2015.mp3]

Download

1. ajikoko

August 27, 2015 at 4:32 pm

I miss them.

2. ajikoko

August 27, 2015 at 4:33 pm

They dint move with time.

3. PRINCE

August 27, 2015 at 4:53 pm

I LOVE THIS SONG. hilarious!!!

4. ChiChiChilolo

August 27, 2015 at 4:58 pm

People people make una come oooo. Iya Basira e don kill me oooo. Everybody helep save me ooo. I no dey sabi chop either my mother or my girlfriend food. Mehn! Those days. Loved and really rocked their songs.

5. bb

August 27, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Ha! I love this song! and the police officer. hehehe

6. Minnie

August 27, 2015 at 5:14 pm

This was actually a group that had TALENT and could SING.
    I sorely miss them.

7. bunny

August 27, 2015 at 5:19 pm

this used to be my jam for dayzz… i still remember the wordings word for word o…lol

8. sweetchik

August 27, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Styl Plus “Olufunmi” and Olu Maintain “Yahooze” were my intro to Nigerian music back in the day. They made me do a double-take on YouTube around 2008/2009. Till this day I love Olufunmi and thought Tunde was FINE!!! (although comments on YouTube said Zeal was the fine one). I dunno, I am from Kenya so maybe tastes are a bit different. Much love to the group that introduced me to Nigerian music.

• le coco

August 27, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Lol.. I guess to each his own… I was so inlove with shifi… he was jst it for me.. lol… I really feel like these guys cld hv done more with their career.. because they were so talented.. nd loved by plenty..(I mean.. girls used to cry n faint wen these guys performed).. nw sadly.. im nt too sure I wnt to hear anything they hv conin in 2015.. cus once its over, ITS OVER. Im jst gna keep playing their oldies.. cus those were amazing

• BlueEyed

August 28, 2015 at 10:04 am

Zeal was bae back in the days o! He had this bad boy thing going on that ladies just wanted!

• Jack

August 31, 2015 at 1:48 am

LITERARY THE – SAME! WOOOW! From Tanzania.

9. omobaba

August 27, 2015 at 5:56 pm

I love them….hope they come back with something good like there old songs….

10. Ada

August 27, 2015 at 11:18 pm

I loved them!

11. Bobosteke & Lara Bian

August 28, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Was singing this song just yesterday. I remember Tundes’ single. It was just bleh.
    Some people are just better being part of a group than individual singers. Looking forward to their new single. Come to think of it, apart from the P Square duo, I don’t think we have any singing group any more.

12. Bobosteke & Lara Bian

August 28, 2015 at 12:12 pm

FUTA boys repping.

13. Kyjuan

August 28, 2015 at 6:40 pm

J.A.M. for dayz.

14. tilly

September 3, 2015 at 4:05 pm

It just hurt me they have been away for this long. Still listen to their songs from hadiza to beautiful ladies to four years etc and i feel like slapping them for starving their fans for such a long time. i still love you guys especially zeal