News

Liverpool FC signs 18-Year-Old Taiwo Awoniyi

BellaNaija.com

Awoniyi - BN - 01
Meet Liverpool FC‘s latest signee, Taiwo Awoniyi.

The English football club today, Monday 31st August 2015, completed the signing of the Nigerian youth international striker.

Awoniyi who heads out on loan to FSV Frankfurt, is elated about the new gig. In a chat with Liverpool FC, he says “It is the biggest club in the world and I’m privileged to be here.”

Awoniyi - BN - 02

Awoniyi has played for the Super Eagles at the U17 and U20 World Cups, and earned a call-up for the senior Nigeria squad in 2013.

Congrats!
Photo Credit: Liverpool FC

1. Anon

August 31, 2015 at 11:56 pm

Good luck to him and I hope he gets to play first team football.

It is the biggest club in the world…not!

2. Amh

September 1, 2015 at 12:13 am

Fine boy
    Proud of you. Pls stay away from those uneducated low life white skanks girls that prey on African footballer. Emulate kanu pls. Lots of beautiful nigeria girls to date. Just a motherly advice.

3. Euro-Naira

September 1, 2015 at 1:28 am

I’m really happy for him. I hope he continues to rise from here upwards & I pray they don’t exploit him because the guy has world class potential. His performance in the U 17 world cup was exceptional.

I honestly think the U 17 boys are FAR BETTER than the Super Eagles (our national team)!!!!!

Their talent exceeds that of the Super Eagles… All those ones care about is money whereas the boys have a real passion for the sport. The Super Eagles play like old grandpas!!! Their match is so boring to watch!

They are even WORSE than our women. Yes, I said it, THE SUPER FALCONS ARE BETTER THAN THE SUPER EAGLES!!

Looking forward to the day Taiwo Awoniyi, Asisat Oshoala (& so on) will the the poser boy(s) & girl(s) of Nigerian footbalL. They will restore our country’s football to the level of our legends, Okocha & so on.

***I mean no offence whatsoever! This is honestly my opinion. Please, do not grudge on the opinion of one person. If anything, state your own opinion and lets debate. :)***

4. tony

September 1, 2015 at 9:41 am

Congratulations in your career. By the way I am 12 years old.

5. Tosin