News

Nigerian Man Dies in Malaysia After Selling his Kidney for N6 Million

BellaNaija.com

Man in Hospital

A 28-year-old Nigerian man named Chukwudi, has died after selling his kidney for N6 million in Malaysia.

An individual said to be a business man told Pulse the news.

The unnamed source said:

“I know many Nigerians will say it is none of my business how others make their money but I want to bring this to the notice of our country people how many of our young men die here in Malaysia in very disturbing circumstances.

I can tell of this young Igbo boy named Chukwudi, from Owerri, (Imo State) who was paid the sum of N6 million by one rich man to donate his kidney for a transplant.

The young man was brought in from Nigeria and I had the privilege of interacting with him and tried to dissuade from undertaking such a risky venture but he was adamant, telling me he had made up his mind already and nothing could stop him.

I even offered he join me in my little car washing business from which I have been able to build a house back home but Chukwudi did not want to struggle to make money.

He wanted fast money and he ended up a dead man because the operation was not successful. he died in the process while the rich man had a successful kidney transplant.

I felt so bad because I kind of liked the boy who was graduate and had a lot of life ahead of him.

I want to use this opportunity to warn our young people not to always be in a hurry to make fast money.”

Photo Credit: Robert Byron/Dreamstime.com

1. Mystique

August 26, 2015 at 1:37 pm

I’m sorry i have to say this……… earlier on i read something on this platform about an Igbo guy working for arik air found with cocaine; now his brother in malaysia has died after selling his kidneys for N6m…….. so where is the money???? who will inherit it now he’s no more???? this *get rich quick* syndrome will destroy this country soon. #nufsaid

• TA

August 26, 2015 at 2:52 pm

@ Mystique, why throw in the Igbo angle? would it matter if the guys you mentioned were Igbirra, Esan Yoruba or Hausa. Why all these tribalistic postulations?

• Mystique

August 26, 2015 at 4:06 pm

thats why i apologized first o……….its looking like a trend to me. No vex my friend but there’s something that makes Igbos thirsty for quick wealth. #myopinion

• jenni

August 26, 2015 at 5:51 pm

thanks for pointing it out. pretty sure mystique is of yoruba tribe because they are the ones very fast to throw the igbo tribe under the bus, pointing fingers at every slightest thing forgetting that the rest of the 4 fingers still points back at them. drop your comment and stop being tribalistic about it, treat everyone as an individual.

• Peaches77

August 26, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Don’t be cowardly! If you have to go that angle, why apologize? *rollingmyeyes

• kayholn

August 26, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Unfortunately, these are the kind of guys naija babes die for, once they start flaunting the wealth in the society, and our value system has been eroded already….so long as u have money, no matter how u get the money, society gives u more respect and voice

• Ijebujesha

August 26, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Are the Yoruba boys that do yahoo-yahoo, money rituals any better? We Yorubas should stop all these igbo-hating and look inwards. We are fast losing it. We are even losing it in education- an area where we used to have the clear edge. For some 5 straight years now, Eastern Nigeria has been churning out better results in WAEC/NECO. Our politics have lost it, no thanks to the man with the two big eyes and our gullible youths. Instead of aligning with the rest of the South to push for regionalism/fiscal federalism, we fell for a very glaring but well organized ‘fake change’ propaganda. Please let’s look less at the Igbos who with all their own issues are doing well for themselves without much help from the Nigerian union. Let’s take a long, hard look at ourselves and tell ourselves some hard-truths. Yoruba ronu!

• Lawrence

August 26, 2015 at 9:09 pm

You an igbo man. Stop the fraud

• Fasholaslover

August 26, 2015 at 10:38 pm

@Ijebujesha, I was having a cuppa when l read ur comments. I laughed so hard at ..”the man with the two big eye…” Jaguda niyen o. I poured hot tea on myself.

• Mohammad

August 26, 2015 at 7:52 pm

The danger of a single story. No one has any facts, yet we are here judging. What if the money was to pay for expensive life-saving surgery for a family member? Or just a desire to save the life of someone he knows with the gift of one of his kidneys? Because you don’t understand it no mean say no be condition make crayfish bend.

• NYC

August 28, 2015 at 4:45 am

@ Mystigue lol I’m try not to bring tribes into nothing but funny enough, this is my first time saying it but mind y’all I’m not one of the ethnic groups.. Even before I read this article, something told me only an Ibo person will do such. Yes, everyone is hungry to be wealthy but theirs is on cloud 9!!! Now I guess the money is heading back to the government.. May his soul rest in peace. Y’all can attack me all U want but that’s my 2cent.. I tell my ibo friends all the time they need to calm their asses down cuz this mullah ain’t going to heaven or hell with US.

2. Fabulous B

August 26, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Hmmmm my fellow young people hard work pays with GOD by your side. Nothing good comes easy. Help yourself not just GOD help you

3. Rude gal

August 26, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Malaayyy boys..that’s what most of them do there.. Lucrative business yeah? what fast money does…

4. Grace

August 26, 2015 at 2:06 pm

I’m sorry but it’s funny…..eya

5. OSY

August 26, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Good for him…

6. EBERE OWAH

August 26, 2015 at 2:15 pm

It’s so so so sad. I really wish our youngs boys will know that they have a great future ahead of them if only they can work hard and wait for their time.

7. Scared Homosapien

August 26, 2015 at 2:21 pm

NAPTIP has been mandated to take on the evil of Organ harvesting (though, in this case it was purely consensual). There are agents who go scouting for these individuals, they should be rounded up and prosecuted.

8. Apu

August 26, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Lol.. You guys are just lazy to actually write true stories. First, a young man was brought in from Nigeria to sell his kidney?? Lmfao. Very funny. Lol. And the story teller says he’s into a car washing business?? Lmao again. For which country? Malaysia? Car wash for where? Lol. The story is not only false, it’s baseless!!

This is my first time commenting on any blog but you just have to carrying fake stories about Nigerians in Malaysia selling kidneys for money. Smh

9. Certifiable

August 26, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Rich man has successfully harvested his kidneys, maybe even his heart, liver, eyes who knows.

10. ok

August 26, 2015 at 2:50 pm

This is the biggest lie from earth, First of all, selling kidney is mostly done in Thailand and hardly in Malaysia, also the guy that said he wash cars is a big lie, you are not permitted to work in Malaysia at all, unless with work permit which is like going to hell and coming back because Africans are hated so much there, so they feel you are useless to them, guy you are doing yahoo yahoo or cocaine business that is it, working in Malaysia even if you are married to their locals is the hardest thing in life, they hate blacks with every fibre of their being, racism is there in every sector, even among themselves, They hate the Indians like hell, not to talk about their Chinese, not to talk you that is black and Nigeria for that matter abeg park well this story is false

11. PRINCE

August 26, 2015 at 2:52 pm

He should be buried there. that’s his cup of tea. he’ll tell God what happened to him when he gets there. IGBO KWENU!!!

• nnenne

August 26, 2015 at 10:45 pm

@PRINCE…Iyaah!
      Kwesuonu.
      Iyaah!!!!!!!!!!.
      Proudly Igbo.
      “I am beautiful, no matter what they say.
      Words can’t bring me down. ..”in Christina Aguilera’s voice. .

12. H

August 26, 2015 at 3:13 pm

oponu!

13. Meah

August 26, 2015 at 3:56 pm

As written in 1 timothy 6:

6But godliness with contentment is great gain.
    7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
    8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
    9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
    10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

The Bible is Never wrong…

• purple showers

August 26, 2015 at 4:53 pm

@ Meah….. U hv said it in all totallity. I rest my case.

14. see them o

August 26, 2015 at 4:46 pm

See all of them preaching contentment on Arik staff with drugs and this boy selling his kidney. No be because of you dem dey do all these?

If d guy no get range like dat arik staff, you wont look their side
    if they guy no sell his kidney get 6m on d spot and be able to take you anywhere and buy you ferrari, will you look at him?

All your posts, comments on BN shows all you people want is comfort, financial security, money, more money, some more money and money again.

If you are a guy and you try to satisfy a girl for whatever reason and you engage in any silly act, you are OYO o. the girl go leave you run away when you are caught sef. All d babes wey dey chop from dat arik guy now go disappear.

Life for you

15. Peaches77

August 26, 2015 at 4:58 pm

But why did he die? Bad medical services? Or was the second kidney harvested for an unknown recipient? Its very unusual that the donor dies…..hmmph!

• Tunmi

August 27, 2015 at 9:16 pm

That’s my question.

16. Pretty girl

August 26, 2015 at 6:41 pm

They no they here word they want to make quick money and come and be oppressing us the better ones that are struggling to make money. I am just sorry for his parents so now they are crying now over this boy.

17. Lawrence

August 26, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Igbo kwenu. The love of quick money to show off with

18. nnenne

August 26, 2015 at 10:50 pm

The story doesn’t ad up. I don’t believe it.
    The same as the story of Igbos eating human flesh. FALSE!!

19. Klas_E

August 28, 2015 at 8:13 am

If.dis is true he must have a good reason for dat…I.e pressure from anywhere..to make money..he jus took a risk,had it been he succeeds in it d story will b diff.