Scoop

Sisi Yemmie Shares ‘5 Things New Moms Love to Hear’ | Watch

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Sisi YemmiIt’s very easy to say the wrong things around pregnant women or new mothers but in this video, taking from the experience of being a new mom herself, Sisi Yemmie shares ‘5 Things New Moms Love to Hear’.

She writes ‘I decided to do a follow up about 5 things I think new moms world over love to hear. From my experience there are a couple of things I’ve heard that just make me feel like I’m party jollof rice.’

Watch the video below.

1. Seriously

August 17, 2015 at 12:29 pm

We don’t live in a perfect world. The lady giving advice, does she say these things to other new moms? Everybody wants to be a life coach all of a sudden.

2. What if?

August 17, 2015 at 12:57 pm

What if we don’t think you or your baby looks good? Im very generous with my compliments, but will not be insincere to stroke anyone’s ego.

People being told they look good when they don’t is the reason they keep gaining weight and have serious issues loosing it years later.

I know where you are coming from with this video, but you may need to start not caring about whether or not you get compliments!

3. Que

August 17, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Please, is this the same vlogger that was listing what and what not to ask/say to pregnant women?….. If it is I’m gon have to ask you to take several seats with expecting to hear anything after telling people not to ask you ‘if you’re pregnant; what the sex of the baby is; how far along; or make comment about looks etc…. MAMAAAAA PLSSSSSS!!!!! after operating military rule during pregnancy, you cant come and start craving democracy afterwards…..nitori olorun, if I am supposedly ‘out of line’ by asking questions and I chose to mind my business as u suggested, how will I start crawling out of the hole u kept me in, to start complimenting your looks or the looks of a baby that I am not supposed to care about???…..

People will naturally do these things, concern yourself more with how your treat people through the process and beyond..

4. oh well

August 17, 2015 at 2:23 pm

I still cant understand how u won an award with this shoddy v-logs!
    so we should start lieing now cos we want to make new mus happy?
    oh PLease!!those people showing us their flat tummy after 12weeks nko?do they have 3heads?

5. oh well

August 17, 2015 at 2:26 pm

BN!!!!!!How can you promote this kinda video telling people to seek validation from the public??
    kai

6. oh well

August 17, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Her baby is actually cute though,i just don’t get this need for me to say it before you are assured!
    No,u dont look fabulous for someone that had a baby 3months ago…

7. fabulicious

August 17, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Wow, i had to breathe before typing. I am a mum of 3 and i really do not want anybody to tell me i look good to make me happy when i know that my contoured face still bears some water retention from labour, neither do i want someone to say a baby is chubby and cute even when the newborn by no fault of his or her own took daddy’s big head and mummy large lips.
    We really do not need to tell people how to please us. This video is just a first timer syndrome kind of video. I am sure Sisi Yemmie will laugh at everything she said in this video 3-5 years from now. Its not that serious. The fact that people are nice to us on their own volition doesn’t mean we should school them on how to to please us.

• Que

August 17, 2015 at 3:13 pm

“…The fact that people are nice to us on their own volition doesn’t mean we should school them on how to to please us.”

Thank you for this.

• truthBeTold

August 17, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Gbam!

8. Adia

August 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Did everyone miss watching the video? She is saying what new moms in general would love to hear. It is not by force, she is not begging you to tell her she is beautiful or that her child is handsome. She is NOT asking you to be nice to her. It is a suggestion, suggestion people! Also, notice she mentioned family, cousins, friends at the beginning. She is not asking for the entire Lagos or BN public to come and help her do chores or extol her beauty. kai! #cantdeal

• niki

August 17, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Well, after her dont ask me if i am pregnant video, im not really interested in her tips for new mums.

9. Ms. A.

August 18, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Many many foolish Nigerians abound. Hide your pregnancy from the witchy world and then when your baby comes, expect the world to treat them like royal babies. If you hide your pregnancy from me, who probably grudgingly paid for your asoebi, or even join the league of people that don’t post pregnancy photos….before birth(which means they actually want you to see them, just not before they deliver) then expect me to completely ignore you and your baby. Even the pregnancy and birth of our Lord and Saviour was made public.