Scoop

Lupita Nyong’o Makes her First Appearance at NYFW for Jason Wu’s Show

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Lupita-Nyong'o-NYFW-BellaNaija (4)

32-year-old Academy Award-winning actress Lupita Nyong’o has made her first appearance at NYFW by attending the Boss women’s wear show held at New York Fashion Week.

The actress looked lovely in an ensemble by the fashion brand’s designer Jason Wu – a pleated white and silver dress – which she admitted is her first ever Jason Wu outfit.

Lupita-Nyong'o-NYFW-BellaNaija (3)

Seated on the Front Row, Lupita was ethereal with her hair in curls accessorized with a black and red bow.

Lupita-Nyong'o-NYFW-BellaNaija (1) Lupita-Nyong'o-NYFW-BellaNaija (2)

We’ve certainly been looking out to see if the 12 Years a Slave actress would make an appearance at this season’s New York Fashion Week especially because she has been so busy rehearing for her off-Broadway show “Eclipsed” at the Public Theater.

Do you like her look for the Jason Wu Boss women’s show?

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Craig Barritt

1. Mamacita

September 17, 2015 at 11:21 am

No. I never do.

I wonder what all the fuss is about her, her black skin? Biko there are loads of black women in Africa, so many we won’t be able to put all of them on the cover of vogue. Also, it’s just as bad as celebrating Kim because of her derrière. Lupitas acting is not spectacular either. In other news I like her shoes ?

• Natu

September 17, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Stop hating!! Her acting is better than all your so called nollywood legends (omotola and co). Why is it so difficult for you to celebrate another African woman?

• kenya

September 17, 2015 at 4:48 pm

While you pull down omotola and co? not fair. Let’s celebrate all

• Natu

September 17, 2015 at 7:41 pm

@Kenya I only celebrate real artistry!!! #Nomediocre

2. slay

September 17, 2015 at 11:52 am

Well Mamacita, if you don’t have anything to say just save your data and move on to the next page. Lupita is a spectacular actress and a budding fashionista too. She is a fashion role model for young black girls who are NATURALISTAS. She keeps it simple, natural and classy. She even worn best dress in FASHION POLICE dt year. I wonder where the hate is coming frm, is it jealousy or just your evil nature, I dunno. MTCHEWWWW. To think that you can compare an oscar winning lupita to a social media STRIPPER like Kim just made me to know that you just bought DSTV decoder yesterday therefore you know nothing about entertainment news.

• Beeeee

September 17, 2015 at 12:31 pm

“if you don’t have anything to say, save your data and move to the next page”….then proceed to call another person a social media stripper….but you are no different from the person you are pointing accusing fingers at na….

• Mamacita

September 17, 2015 at 1:29 pm

@ Slay: Heyleyley! you have awoken a sleeping lion, I offered my opinion and moved on and you decide my opinion is not good enough (?) and that I should keep it to myself. Who died and made you queen of the internet? Monitoring spirit that just learnt the word naturalista and fashion police. Which year did she win ehhh? Tell me. I know exactly when she “won” (not worn as your spelling is as atrocious as the way you think) BTW.

DSTV? Kwa! People be watching TV in “foreign lands” this nansense be watching DSTV and yes my nature is evil so don’t cross me son.

3. Abi Abi

September 17, 2015 at 1:06 pm

I am tired of this girl, truly I don’t see no beauty in her… She was promoted by the White man.. but, truly my real African Queen is Genevieve, and there are so many beautiful african women out there.. not her… To God!!!

• Wale

September 17, 2015 at 3:16 pm

True she is not fine. And I think she is bleaching…

• Belinda

September 17, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Oh dear

4. cryz

September 17, 2015 at 2:06 pm

She’s 32??…ok…looks yonga dough…ion lik ha dress.

5. Belinda

September 17, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Oh dear

6. Tosin

September 17, 2015 at 5:01 pm

mentioned this before: she looks great and the clothes usually can’t reach her level; she usually outshines the clothes e.g. here.
    in the vogue photos i just saw http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/09/17/lupita-nyongo-is-a-high-fashion-model-for-vogues-october-15-issue/ they managed to dress her so royally bright that she didn’t leave the clothes behind.

alright bye.

• O

September 18, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Absolutely right Tosin, she never gets lost in the clothes.