Music

#PastorCups! DJ Cuppy Shares an Inspiring Message with Teens at Jesus House Church

DJ Cuppy

There is so much we know about DJ Cuppy but there is still so much to find out.

The 22-year-old DJ shared a short snippet of herself preaching to teenagers of the Jesus House Church in Chicago with her main message being from Philippians 4 vs. 6:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

DJ Cuppy shared the video on Instagram and captioned Pastor Cups Sharing Phillipans 4:6 So Amazing Preaching To The Teens At Church! Thanks For Having Me! #CuppyOnAMission  #ProudChristian #Chicago’

Watch her do her thing below.

A video posted by Cuppy (@cuppymusic) on

1. yellow sisi

September 28, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Kini big deal?

• Seriously

September 28, 2015 at 5:35 pm

DJ cuppy, keep doing you. I don’t understand, the reason folks are so hard on you when you always carry yourself well. If you are partying, spending your dad’s money, showing off these same people will talk. Now, you talking about God, dresses modest, doing what you enjoy, living life, they are still talking negatively. People will judge you, and transfer their aggression on you. Your relationship with God is between you and HIM.

2. Tomi

September 28, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Train up a child in the way he should go, he will never depart from it!

3. Olaolu

September 28, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!From Club tour to Church preaching…

• Adieu Biafra

September 28, 2015 at 6:41 pm

and who made you a judge?
      Jesus had you in mind in Matt 7:2 “For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you”

4. Cici

September 28, 2015 at 3:45 pm

DJ Cuppy are U serious??? Abeg DJ Cuppy do not make the place of worship a show business arena to promote yourself. Unless you are truly born again and start acting as such, please do not parade your wares and joke with the things of Jesus Christ.

What? Are you now trying to promote DJ-ing among the youths of Christ who He bought with his precious Blood? Are you there to promote how to live like a hypocrite? What is this? Please do not joke with GOD!!!

Are you promoting jumping from party to party and clubhouse to clubhouse where alchohol and drugs are spread around and consumed carelessly without the fear of God? The party hard and enjoyment lifestyle?

It is either you are born again and you change from here for a more Holier You, or don’t joke with Christ. Well, I don’t really blame you but the playboy Pastors we have these days that think the house of God has become a place of show business and entertainment instead of a Holy Place of worship. No wonder the Holy Spirit has left most of these churches. Mtchewwww and nonsense.

BellaNaija pls post this, we don tire!

• ElessarisEllendil

September 28, 2015 at 3:56 pm

I agree with the gist of what you’re saying, but DJ-ing is not a sin, neither is partying as long you strive to act as a positive example to those around you which she is doing here and I’ve not heard of her drinking herself to stupor or behaving badly. On the outside she seems like the sort of daughter any parent would want, I mean most parents in my family would prefer Dr, Engr, Barr. to DJ apart from that though she seems very wholesome.

• Rolly

September 28, 2015 at 4:05 pm

A lot of Christians are way too judgemental for my liking. Why on earth are you so quick to condemn her? Do you know about her relationship with God?

• Natu

September 28, 2015 at 5:01 pm

@ rolly They areally so jugemental and hateful. I can’t with them!!

• Tari

September 28, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Leave that matter.
      If her papa no get millions you think say dis thing for happen?
      I love that the girl is having fun but no need calling shovel a spade.

• nene+

September 28, 2015 at 6:03 pm

I disagree with cici.
      Mark 9:36-40King James Version (KJV)

36 And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them,

37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

As long as DJcuppy is not against God, she is for God.
      Her profession is a matter for another day, depending on her conviction.
      Are you saying Make Over artist,Comedians, Politicians,Fashion Designers are on their way to hell?

Please i have always known the holier than thou to be very WICKED. Go close to some non earring wearing Christians and perceive the devil!!!

DJ Cuppy keep it up girl!!!Would you rather she is in the shrine of amadioha??

• Seriously

September 28, 2015 at 5:26 pm

@cici

God is sovereign. Yeah, we are quick to judge who you think is a true Christian and who’s not. Which is ok bcos we all have that natural judgemental thing in us. However, you will be surprised to know who will make it to heaven and who’s not. One who sees herself/himself as a sinner in need of God’s grace and one who is self righteous who thinks they are so good. Be careful, in your judgement.

• Frenchie

September 28, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Cici, are you for real? A true Christian will not post this judgmental piece of shit you just wrote. Who made you the judge of the earth you jealous, bitter human being. Even Christ dined with prostitutes and tax collectors. Learn from Pope Francis ok. And how dare you suggest that being a DJ is sinful. Do you not have DJs at Christian gatherings? And what proof do you have that drugs are consumed “carelessly” at night clubs. Your ignorance is nauseating.

• Tee

September 28, 2015 at 9:22 pm

@cici who died and made you God. How is that bile at the back of ur throat tasting? I can smell it a mile away,

• OmoJesu

September 29, 2015 at 6:44 pm

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
      ― Mahatma Gandhi

Unless you know her and her relationship with Christ…you should refrain from judging ignorantly. We have to do better Christians…we have to…

5. Nefertiti

September 28, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Why would u be anxious for anything? Do u even know what it means to be anxious for something? When everything is provided for u even before u ask? Just keep quiet Abegi…

• Tobi

September 28, 2015 at 4:15 pm

• Alias

September 28, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Anxiety is not limited to those who have nothing. From Bill Gates to the poorest child in Africa, they all have anxieties about something. That’s why the Bible verse doesn’t specify the people who should have anxiety or not. Let us know to treat one another with a little kindness.

• Kadara

September 28, 2015 at 7:42 pm

@Neferititi, you are a clown if you think rich people have nothing to be anxious about. Do you know if she has any health challaneges she’s had to deal with? Academic problems? Etc money is not the only thing one can be anxious about so it’s silly to think billionaires don’t have their own struggles that money can’t take care of but faith in God. By the way I sense a lot of envy from some of the posts , try not to begrudge wealth people or their kids so that God may bless you too. For a wealth girl she’s extremely well behaved and any parent would be proud of her.

6. Falcao

September 28, 2015 at 4:12 pm

who dresses like dis biko? is this colour blocking or what? some1 enlighten me pls. it is not by force to wear trad.

7. Fafo

September 28, 2015 at 4:14 pm

I will like to see her face, without all the mascara and foundation.

8. person

September 28, 2015 at 6:01 pm

and pls explain to me what exactly is wrong with DJing. which sin did she commit. talking bout hypocrite.. chilee siddon somewhere because you are spotless and sinless abi… quick notice: Sin is Sin. So that little white lie you told yesterday, yea that one… the same ‘hell’ Cuppy might be going is the same you are headed to.

9. Iloveher

September 28, 2015 at 6:57 pm

Ride on Cuppy, happy to see you talking to kids about managing anxiety. It is always a delight to see you promoting African attires too.

10. smackdown

September 28, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Don’t be anxious about anything kids unless of course your daddy is not a billionaire in which case, panic like a mofo. Come on gerrarrehere!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

11. Fabulous B

September 28, 2015 at 8:13 pm

LOL. Dj cuppy, all the best in your endeavours. I’ve learnt a couple of things from this lady and I thank GOD for her life and all of us here.
    One thing I do know, is that you don’t leave good opportunities to waste; to impact positively in people’s lives.
    Have a fruitful week

12. happydays

September 28, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Oh mi gawsh!!!! I was just at this church, no way!! RCCH Jesus House…..arrghhh, wish I knew….I loves her, DJ Cuppycakes!! by the way, this is the best RCCG church in yankee. that Pastor of this church is one great leader breeding future leaders. wonderful sermon and not ur typical “call my daddy pastor” type. bravo!!!!

I woulda gotten a handshake #pointOfContact to her daddy’s billions. keep hating o shey eti gbo (hope my yoroba is good)

13. Damilola

September 28, 2015 at 8:52 pm

@ cici

I bet you are not any better than her. Are you a born again Christian? Do you party? Do you lie? Do you hate others? Are you self righteous? Do you sin? Do you have a perfect relationship with God and follow bible accordingly? This is why I love God bcos he sees your heart. Those that wear Christian on themselves are the least and their heart is far from GOd. If Naijas were in the bible, they would have killed David. Yet God called him a man after HIS heart.

14. step77

September 29, 2015 at 3:00 am

She’s so cute – her unpretentious style is what endears even more… #carelesslytossedaroundwrapper

15. Vidavi

September 29, 2015 at 6:13 am

I used to go to this Church. Great pastor, humble man, he lost his wife to cancer a while back. Wonder how DJ Cuppy found her way to Jesus House Chicago..

16. Bobolink

September 29, 2015 at 8:36 am

“the more money you come across, the more problems you see” I find it very funny when people assume that rich people have no anxieties at all pls let’s not be naive. From some of the comments I see above we can already see one problem this girl has deal with on the regular – envious and bitter people who do not know her but if they had their way would pull out her hair and her eyes. That’s a lot to deal with. Girls like DJ cppy could experience a lot of loneliness because it’s hard to trust a lot of people that come around her and her family. Pls remember she didn’t choose her father or his wealth, she was born into it. Your assumption that she is all good just cos she is born into a rich home says more about your wrong attitude to money than anything else. Pls Jesus went to parties, read your bible without picking and choosing parts of it that make you feel superior to others. Jesus didn’t compromise at the parties but he definitely showed up. I don’t know DJ cuppy but she seems pretty down to earth and grounded to me and I hope she stays on the right path.

17. Dame

September 29, 2015 at 8:57 am

Thank you o my sister…be anxious for nothing…BEFORE ! what have you ever been anxious for? the new Hermes bag? or which yacht to cruise in.,….sister take several seats and preach with another passage…maybe a passage like “”IT WOULD BE EASIER FOR A CAMEL TO PASS THRU THE EYE OF THE NEEDLE THAN FOR A RICH MAN TO ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD””””
    evil laff**** now we are talking…”pastorcups

18. flox

September 29, 2015 at 9:16 am

Can you just shut up and leave judgment to God? who is perfect, who is without sin? people will bring you down until you die and then celebrate you cos they want your position (especially the successful peps). ONLY GOD KNOWS WHO SERVES HIM IN TRUTH, not even the pastors are saints so watch your tongue/fingers.

• Tkum

September 29, 2015 at 2:16 pm

plz where is the judgement @Dame did or said… kindly read again madam flox.. as for Aunty dame, i feel ur pain…i cant write much but i know keep believing for your miracle one day, God will surely enlarge your coast.

19. Bobolink

September 29, 2015 at 9:20 am

pls post my comment

20. Angel

September 29, 2015 at 4:15 pm

Why y’all attacking Cici? She made a point, these days I steer clear away from so called Christians even though I’m a believer myself, I prefer atheists, atleast they are not trying to pretend to be what they are not. Everybody these days claim to be Christians even hired assassins, churches everywhere, you see them quoting bible more than the pope sef! On social media u see people calling God unnecessarily that borders on blasphemy, meanwhile most of them are snakes, you can’t trust nobody. if you are indeed a child of God and God fearing, you will know that the fourth commandment that says “thou shall not use the name of the Lord thy God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that uses His name in vain” stands. Anyway all these happenings are signs of end time.