Music

She’s Got the Voice! Watch Seyi Shay’s Amazing Performance of ‘Right Now’ on Ndani Sessions

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

sddefault1

On this episode of Ndani Sessions, international recording artist, Seyi Shay, performs her hit single ‘Right Now’ with the talented Guitarist, Wale.

According to reports, Seyi Shay is concluding plans to release her debut album to be called Seyi or Shay.

We are sure that album is going to be hot.

Seyi Shay 1 Seyi Shay Seyi Shay 2

Watch her on ‘Ndani Sessions’ below.

1. zainab

September 11, 2015 at 4:26 pm

this has to be a the bestest* song that i heard in a while

• zainab

September 11, 2015 at 4:27 pm

i’ve

• Jade

September 11, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Seyi shay can SANG, honey. One of the few nigerian artists that has real talent.

• kemi

September 13, 2015 at 3:23 pm

I find dt nigerian female artists are actually talented wt great voices: seyi, tiwa, waje, omawunmi, chidinma, yemi alade but d male artists just depend more on their beats, add some new words like doro & sneh, add some repititive catchy rhymes & make millions more dn d women. smh.

2. Caligula

September 11, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Are you f-ing kidding me? ?? her voice is like honey & gold. I’m pleasantly surprised ?

3. Bolade

September 11, 2015 at 4:30 pm

Talent never hides. Go Seyi!! Love ya scatter!!!!

4. abby

September 11, 2015 at 4:30 pm

She has a fantastic voice and I love the way she sings;the original video to the song is also on point. But I just can’t get is the way she dresses,she needs 2 dress more grown up. Or sack her stylist

• Tosin

September 11, 2015 at 7:59 pm

disagree on the stylist thing. more valley-girl clones? bah, really not what the world needs now.

5. judy

September 11, 2015 at 4:37 pm

I can’t believe she hasn’t released an album yet. She’s talented.

6. bruno

September 11, 2015 at 4:43 pm

right now is the best nigerian music video of 2015.
    but seyi shay pls dont name ur album seyi or shay. it sounds so amateur and uninspiring.

7. Ezekiel

September 11, 2015 at 5:04 pm

Her music is very fantastic and nice. But d way she Dressed is not Gud atall

8. Xplorenollywood

September 11, 2015 at 5:04 pm

This is soooooooo on point! You are killing me Seyi with this song, as the call for entries for the music awards season comes, you have to place this song please! You are winning and killing the awards girlie.

9. onetallgirl

September 11, 2015 at 7:05 pm

Seyi Shay is soooo talented!! I really want her to be successful for a long time, but she has to get a new hairstylist, someone who can fit her with a better wig.

10. Carrie

September 11, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Please am not trying to chop insult: I just want to know who has a better voice between her and tiwa savage.

11. Mr_gtouch

September 11, 2015 at 7:27 pm

On point Seyi. Signed Sealed Delivered. Approved

12. Oncarela

September 11, 2015 at 7:46 pm

I listen to this song every night, but watching this made me almost cry, seyi shay I can’t hate you, you are marvellous… and trust me this is from a girl that’s hard to please

13. Tosin

September 11, 2015 at 7:47 pm

i know it wee sweet, so it’s straight to download…
    so excited so excited

14. Tosin

September 11, 2015 at 7:55 pm

omo!

15. mz bliss

September 11, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Biko wat’s wrong wt her dressing?!…lovely voice she’s got!!

16. Cynthia

September 11, 2015 at 8:47 pm

I’m jealous. I deserve this kind of voice! Not fair.. 🙁

17. missatl

September 11, 2015 at 8:48 pm

SHE CAN SAAAAAANG!!!!!!!

18. nene

September 11, 2015 at 10:51 pm

u can’t deny she has a lovely voice. and she always has.

19. Jennyokris

September 11, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Is this person really singing? Yikes!

20. Frosh

September 12, 2015 at 12:01 am

So refreshing Seyi…you can be ratchet as he’ll but mahn your talent doesn’t lie! I’m definitely buying the album.

21. Curious

September 12, 2015 at 12:17 am

I don’t know if we all listened to the same thing though. Granted, it was a decent effort, but could have been so much better. She didn’t even want to take a risk and hit the high notes and this I find is usually as a result of lack of practice. The Beyoncé y’all love to hate, the reason some of us like her is the perfectionism she brings to her work. That chick grinds and works her butt off and it shows. Her live singing is just as good or even better than the recorded version and that only comes from practicing tirelessly. I clicked on this expecting to be blown away, all I heard was someone who was not only behind the beat in some parts, but also struggling with breath control. We as a people need to develop a culture that fosters excellence and this can only come through hard work and lots of elbow grease.

Anyways, good try Seyi. Keep working at it, so you can continue to improve.

• deb

September 12, 2015 at 2:48 am

Thanks Curious. I was thinking the same thing. Was behind notes from the guitar(maybe they dint rehearse together, then the breath catching) in fact I paused the video and I tried to sing the song on a higher note. She was just ok. I’m not hating,

22. Alero Mii

September 12, 2015 at 4:56 am

Excellent!

23. blueberry

September 12, 2015 at 8:19 am

Yeeeeessssss honey! This was lovely.

24. Deedara

September 12, 2015 at 9:31 am

Beautiful. I love her voice and performance skills. Keep it up Seyi.

25. MZ P

September 12, 2015 at 11:41 am

She has a better voice than Tiwa, check out thier stage performances, it’s just that talent alone does not sell, hype, team work n controversy! With time she will get there, it’s not everyone that blows once

26. Didi

September 12, 2015 at 4:12 pm

@curious and @deb. i really do not understand what you mean o cos she pulled it off well. Breath catching? Even the most experienced singers do it all the time but for this song, it was flawless cos of the spacing of the song. Singing behind notes? Explain pls cos i’m really curious. Lady was busy running scales and hitting her notes wella plus all the jara she added sef. Please eh, when somebody gives a good performance, say it loud instead of looking for pins to bust one’s balloon.

27. Person

September 12, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Yaaaasss!!!! SANG, hunty, SANGGGG!!! Yes, caps are necessary 🙂 Loved it.

28. booboo

September 12, 2015 at 11:04 pm

Overhyped! After reading the comments I expected so much. It’s not bad but overhyped. Jus ok.

29. Sarletlush

September 13, 2015 at 9:57 am

There is something huge about Seyi that is yet to erupt. Her handlers are not doing her justice. Nigeria and the love for noisy music is undermining this great talent. Watching her in ‘Right Now’ video is my blueprint… . Seyi has the body, face and voice to go international. I sniff a bigger Rihanna in her. If she is properly and fiercely packaged, and perhaps affiliates with an international record label, she will give Rihanna a run for her fame. If a Barbados ‘plain jane’ could be the big Rihanna today, who says Nigeria can’t provide a bigger Rihanna? I wish Seyi could be taken more seriously.

30. Rossi

September 14, 2015 at 12:11 pm

seyi see like seriously i use to hate your music but right u are on point i luv u

31. Rossi

September 14, 2015 at 12:12 pm

seyi see i use to hate your music but right now u are on point