Music

Falana’s Music Is For You If You Love the Afro-Soul & Jazz Influence in Music | Watch the Video for ‘Start Again’

BellaNaija.com

CMrhGhrWUAAYyS7

Here’s something to kick off your weekend. Get familiar with Falana and her brand of music.

Falana was raised in Canada and spent a year in Havana, Cuba, honing her sound. Describing her own sound as ‘Soul Fusion’ which is a unique blend of  jazz, soul, afrobeat, and R&B.

Find out more about Falana on her website HERE.

Watch the video for Start Again off her Things Fall Together EP.

Watch Things Fall Together – The Documentary

1. Tomi

September 12, 2015 at 11:23 am

Breath of fresh air! I love the realness and culture about her. I especially like the song playing at the end of the documentary.

2. Tosin

September 12, 2015 at 11:43 am

bienvenido 🙂
    and thank you for taking me to Cuba for a bit.

quick review:
    great musical style. lovely aesthetic on this lively video and i’ll check out more sometime. fab little website.
    vocally not yet like the greats. missing the pain factor, can’t sing the blues without the blues, right?

• Tosin

September 12, 2015 at 12:26 pm

-nida?

3. Manny

September 12, 2015 at 2:39 pm

I wanna go to Cuba

4. Tunmi

September 12, 2015 at 2:56 pm

I love the video for Start Again. This is nice coffee shop music

5. Tunmi

September 12, 2015 at 3:00 pm

I love the Nigerianness in the videos. And she plays the piano!!!!

6. booboo

September 12, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I luv luv the rythm. There’s a strong connection to her music. I hardly watch musuc videos on BN but this was worth it.
    Thank you for the journey with you. The video was real and I could feel the energy. I wanted more from the documentary. What I also luv bout you was your intro. It wasn’t about being glamorous,sexy and all but about your music journey. Im watching your video and I’m like she’s not trying to be like Beyonce or Minaj. Thank you for this change.
    I would luv to see you play live here in Lagos.
    Pls keep us updated on the album.

7. lalaroses

September 12, 2015 at 9:40 pm

love these new crop of artists coming up – falana, tosinger, asa, jojoabot, etc

• Italian Princess

September 12, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Asa should not be on any list of ‘new crop of artists coming up.’

Asa is an established, well recognised, international artiste.