Relationships

WATCH Toke Makinwa Talk about the ‘I Too Fine’ Syndrome on this Week’s Vlog!

Toke Makinwa

Toke Makinwa is out with her vlog of the week titled ‘Pick One’.

On this episode Toke talks about the “I Too Fine” syndrome.

She talks about having a conversation with an older friend who mentioned that there are a lot of single ladies around right now because of the ‘I Too Fine’ syndrome – basically a lot of people in this present generation feel like they are too beautiful.

Toke mentions that when you are too fine you have too many toasters and might have a problem picking the right one.

Watch her talk about it below.

1. Anon

September 24, 2015 at 11:28 am

Watched her VLOG for the first time in a year. I was laughing all through. Toke can be funny, sometimes.

2. Naija girl

September 24, 2015 at 11:47 am

Speaking out of experience. . . .
    #lemmecontinueEatmychinchin

3. jasmine

September 24, 2015 at 11:53 am

Tell em darling toke. I too fine will make them remain single

4. livingstone

September 24, 2015 at 1:37 pm

ok.

5. Notthereyet

September 24, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Same here! First video of her I have watched this year! And I clicked cause this is so me right now but like she said I am not enjoying d moment! I just want to pick one and keep it moving ….sadly I tend to meet dudes that want a trophy chick…she look good, and cute and when it comes to really committing for real? They go cold turkey…so think I’m gon have to ditch them all for a minute & ask God to send toaster that (in fact send just one man that is ready to commit and then go all the way too)….I don’t live in lala land , I know d time will come when toasters no go dey again hence why I guess I’m not enjoying the ride…met all sorts , gon on all sorts of date , kinda gettin bored now…it is well o…Maybe I ain’t doin smth right! Maybe I’m not been pushy enough( but I don’t believe in helping a guy make his mind up , I believe if a dude is into u Enuf, he doesn’t need to be nudged to commit) . I pray the good Lord makes it all right…but soon….

• Sky Blue

September 24, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Are you me? It’s so frustrating :(.

6. Kelandra

September 24, 2015 at 2:30 pm

and WTF is “TOASTING”, “TOASTAS” naijas and their ridiculous vocabulary.
    I mean its sounds ridiculous – who ever came up with that word needs to shot. You explained too fine. But you didnt explain TOASTING, as though everyone non nigerian is suppose to understand

• southerbelle

September 24, 2015 at 3:04 pm

correcter must be the worst na you dey correct person na you your english no complete kmt

• therealerniemac

September 24, 2015 at 4:09 pm

err,google is your friend and easily accessible….. you sound frustrated ,are you? it’s not rocket science so ease up,if you cannot understand the lingo you’ll be better off getting tutorials/lessons to ease the pent up anger….running usually helps when i feel like punching anyone in sight,try that Kelandra
      p.s – Toasting means to chat up/ask out if you please or if you want to “beat it up” – happy now?

• Manny

September 24, 2015 at 5:13 pm

So if I read an Indian blog, they are supposed to explain every Indian slang they use to me abi? Gerrarahe mehn

• Iris

September 24, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Every country has their own lingo. I’m sure if I went to a blog started by someone in your country who identifies primarily with your citizens I’d find phrases I didn’t quite understand. However I would not call it ridiculous or get angry for no apparent reason. I would simply ask politely. You are rude. Get the stick out your ass.

• ATL's finest

September 25, 2015 at 3:43 pm

@ Kelandra! Quit your foolishness.. Every Nigerians understood the meaning of TOASTING. It’s a broken English & if U’re a non Nigerian and u are desperate to know the meaning, Maybe u should ask nicely and someone will explain to U; instead of U dropping the “F bomb” & breaking “Ogor” in your English ( Ogor) 2nd broken English for u to find out ???.

• ATL's finest

September 25, 2015 at 3:48 pm

They ve all explained it to U!!! BTW, don’t get mad because u don’t understand. U can always log off. After all it is called Bellanaija not Bella where ever Kalendra is from.. So U don’t ve to visit the site. #DEUCED# stop been rude by calling it ridiculous.

7. girlnextdoor

September 24, 2015 at 2:30 pm

I guess i have seen this. Most ladies have seen it. That the ladies that are not the finest (not calling then ugly) are already settled with committed partners. Toke’s blogs always make me laugh.

8. Dolly

September 24, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Not to hate on Toke, neither am I a fan of hers for obvious reasons that said, this ish of vlog advising women blows mind. Like seriously if you gon upgrade my closet, I need to check what you are rocking yourself. I mean I’m not trying to single shame her but Ms. Toke if you not successful in your relationships how the hell do you advise these fans of yours? How everyone with 2 to 3 years of being married suddenly turns relationship expert is appalling or maybe i’m just feeling a lil wavy.

• naijachic

September 25, 2015 at 5:44 am

not to hate on Toke? But you are hating though. I understand that you may not like Toke, but she never claimed to be a relationship expert and her videos are mostly for jokes! Toke started making these relationship videos prior to getting married, so you can’t claim that she’s giving ladies advice after being married for 2-3 years.
      Also, Toke’s failed marriage (for the lack of a better word), doesn’t mean that she can’t speak on relationships. Relationships/marriages end for various reasons, so don’t be so judgmental!.

• Dolly

September 25, 2015 at 4:24 pm

Ok I guess we all can use a lil laugh then if you call her videos a joke, I mean forgive me for taking it serious its what it is, a joke….just like your generic username, no offence

• Nahum

September 25, 2015 at 11:53 am

Dolly, her man messed up, she didn’t! Why are Nigerians hell bent on punishing this poor girl for her man’s sin? Has she not suffered enough? And she is qualified because she is a human being with valid life experience. She has every right to dish out advice and you have every right to take it or discard it. You should go to therapy for your hate.

• Dolly

September 25, 2015 at 4:21 pm

And this is the problem right here lack of comprehension, you sound pressed hon and hey that word hate is tired, find a better synonym or feed off BN thread.

9. nene

September 24, 2015 at 8:57 pm

i too fine syndrome ko, i too ugly syndrome ni. no matter how beautiful u are if u have a good character, u r interesting, smart and are ambitious, u will find a good man who will take u seriously and even maybe wife u. it’s not about being beautiful or ugly, some women think they are GOLD because of their beauty, salary, family name, education,etc, nah girlfriend ur attitude, brain and personality are more important for a man to commit to u and respect u. and of course, some men are scared of being with these type of women because these men are insecure and feel like the women might leave them once a better guy comes along.

10. Tracy

September 24, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Has Toke had a boob job done secretly?

11. nuellavista

September 24, 2015 at 10:41 pm

So true toke, Women are just like flowers, we are seasonal and most of us are also late bloomers.
    The early bloomers sometimes forget that there own time shines in the morning and then give way to the ones yet to bloom. Such women end up unsettled later in life.
    On the other hand, the late bloomers don’t start early but somehow settle down on time early. And that’s cos those ones understand the seasons better and avoid delay.
    We all have our seasons and times, it’s only a foolish woman that will think she’ll remain “I too fine” forever.

12. Nkechi

September 25, 2015 at 12:36 am

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8 To everything there is a season. A time for every purpose under heaven. Time to save money, time to study, time to get married, now is the day of salvation

13. oyinkan

September 25, 2015 at 2:25 am

Very true tho.

14. Jamce

September 25, 2015 at 12:36 pm

@Notthereyet, pls don’t blame yourself. Your comments give an indication of how open and willing you are for a good relationship. Don’t give up. Am also seeking a good woman. BN pls create a “Hookup” platform to help your readers find their bones and ribs .

15. Olufunmi

September 25, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Once someone makes an innocent comment about Toke that may just be constructive criticism, her voltrons will pounce on you as if she’s their god. Let people express their views w being labelled a hater abeg. She failed in her marriage that’s why some people feel she shouldn’t give relationship advice, I mean, if someone fails at sth, he/she is not qualified to give advice on that particular issue. Its not hate, its jus being logical. Bella post my comment

• naijababe

September 26, 2015 at 12:49 am

innocent comment ke? what’s constructive about what @dolly said? By the way, no one called @dolly a hater. I love how you claimed that Toke failed in her marriage! was she the one who impregnated maje’s side chic?
      Constructive criticism is always welcome, but it seems like we need to define constructive criticism. it’s easy to be a critic of anything especially when you are hiding behind a computer screen.

16. tracy

September 25, 2015 at 7:40 pm

@olufunmi pls how did Yoke fail in her marriage? I must have missed it. Did she cheat on her husband? Please when u get married you will understand that if a husband cheats on his wife, it is the Man’s insecurities and lack of self control and no fault of the woman . A woman will not bear the sins of her husband please all man for himself pls.