Career

A Peek into the Life of… Communicator – Chisom Ogbummuo

BellaNaija.com

We made a call for BellaNaija readers to be a part of a new exciting feature series called, ‘A Peek Into The Life Of which the Team has been working on. {Click here if you missed it} We’ve been very excited by the feedback we’ve received and we’re happy with the submissions we’ve been receiving. It feels so good to get to know our readers better – what they do. So far, we’ve had four interestingly diverse features. ‘Deyemi OkanlawonChinedu Anarado Jennifer Akporehe Tosan Iwere,  Adetomi Imoteda Aladeokomo‘Tito Balogun , Taiwo ‘Taiyel’ LawansonMartins Lawrence Akande and Yetunde Odugbesan-Omede.

Today, Chisom Ogbummuo gives us a peek into her life as a communications specialist.

Job Title
Communicator, Founder of The Conversation Cafe.

What you do specifically?
I communicate for a purpose and a living.

Core Responsibilities?
Using The Conversation Café (TCC), which has segments such as live conversation cafes sessions, webminars, Teleseminars, Radio, photo series, as a platform to educate, innovate, and inspire entrepreneurs that produce a long lasting impact and transformation in their various chosen fields.
I compere corporate and social events and facilitate humanitarian sessions.

IMG-20150824-WA0028

How long have you been on this job?
I have been a communicator via different platforms such United Nations special agencies, TV and career shifts for three years. However, T.C.C came on board this year with a lot of transformational agendas and activities.

Highlights of your job…
A lot! It’s not just a job, it’s what I breathe, eat and live for. It is called PURPOSE. Combining my passions and interest to create service, satisfaction and growth to especially young people like myself is fulfilling.

Downsides of your job
Developing in what ever you do isn’t supposed to be all candy and sugary so there are no downsides on this job but challenges and hurdles and it’s not impossible to fall and still crossover! Wax stronger, soar higher and keep aiming beyond your imagination.
IMG_20151002_090743

If you weren’t doing this, what will you be doing?
Steve Harris, my big buddy always says “It’s not what you don’t have that limits you, it’s what you have but don’t know how to use” So I am doing all I can at the moment and only trying to figure out the other potentials I have got.

On a scale of 1-10, how would you grade your skill set on this job?
7.0. I still be “pikin”, very young and won’t stop learning until I die, so I am ready for growth.

I’m living my career dream. Yes?No?
Yes “ofkess”!Abuja-20131105-00266

IMG_20150829_182716

IMG_20150626_200159Typical Busy Day

6; 30 – 7am. Awake, pray, skip and shower.

From 7am down to 5; 45m. I’m caught up with either school duties as I am also a part three student of political science or tied up with work engagements and trouble making sessions.

6:00pm – 7pm. Time for mass! I have 24 hours in a day so dedicating one hour or more for God everyday won’t hurt

7pm – 11;45pm. Home, Dinner, study, TV, social media and look for more trouble with my roommate till I sleep off!

For more info or enquires contact: [email protected] | Twitter : @sohmmie | Instagram : @sohmmie

***
Shout out to Chisom for giving us an insight into life as a communicator. If you’d like to tell us what it feels like practicing your profession, please send an email to features(at)bellanaija(dot)com with the subject: A Peek Into The Life Of…
We look forward to reading your stories.

1. Tari

October 26, 2015 at 3:26 pm

Ihe ukwu na eme!!
    Forget what she does, God has done a lot for and on this lady, sculpture wise.
    I did not read the piece. Just drooled on her pics over and over again.
    Chisom, God is truly with you.

2. The real D

October 26, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Ok… (clears throat) but… I seem to miss a few answers like the highlight of the job/career/passion, all I got was a lot of words but no answers. And A lot is not an answer , I mean you can state a few, the same goes for the question about challenges. I can’t really say I understand what she does and since this is about getting a peek into roles or jobs one is otherwise not familiar with, I have to say more a little more meat with the answers would help.

3. Akimbo

October 26, 2015 at 3:49 pm

@The real D. You are so correct. I am lost in her communication.

• Tari

October 26, 2015 at 3:56 pm

She communicated to me in the pic more than the words. 21st Century communication!!
      Communication achieved.

• Thatgidigirl

October 26, 2015 at 4:30 pm

LMAO!!! Tari leave me ooo

• Tosin

October 26, 2015 at 6:37 pm

true, she’s a hottie.

the other communication i got was she mentioned ‘Steve Harris’ so i figured i got it cos i once heard Steve Harris and he mentioned ‘Fela Durotoye’

• Who

October 26, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Is Tari a guy or a girl? I ask because you’ve been drooling all over this post, hehe

• She'sACompere

October 26, 2015 at 3:57 pm

“I compere corporate and social events and facilitate humanitarian sessions.”

4. Ikido

October 26, 2015 at 4:00 pm

DAAAAMMMNNN!!! Nekwe Thickness. Jessuu (In Olamide’s voice)

• Tari

October 26, 2015 at 4:07 pm

You are in the spirit with me.

5. anonymous

October 26, 2015 at 4:07 pm

As a ‘communicator’ she has definitely lost my concentration.. the questions about upsides and downsides to her job, and what she would be doing if not being a ‘communicator’ should have been communicated simply, and not take us round the bend. For crying out loud, it isn’t brain surgery.

6. Ibinabo

October 26, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Her reply to this question; “If you weren’t doing this, what will you be doing?” was OFF

• Tari

October 26, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Too much motivational quotes have a way of messing with your flow.

7. Glo

October 26, 2015 at 5:17 pm

OK…..she lost me at her response on “What you do specifically?”…. I clicked on the article hoping to find what it means to be communicator but sadly am more confused

8. Modupe

October 26, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Bellanaija, up your game naa and cut through naija jargons! Wetin be communicator sef! Worse interviewer a and interviewee ever. I beg look for people with real jobs to talk about what they do in simple english

9. Daezy

October 26, 2015 at 6:57 pm

This interview is beyond my comprehension. A lot of questions were not (correctly) answered . Whatever a communicator means, I do not know.

10. Yue

October 26, 2015 at 8:19 pm

I have finally accepted that BN will continue sneaking us a peek of more and more pretty women.
    But Nne, biko how do You maintain all tha’ package? In one damn body? Help a sista!!!!!!!

11. new bride

October 26, 2015 at 9:48 pm

For a ‘communicator’, this young lady did a pretty bad job of communicating to us on what exactly she does for a living.

I guess communicator is just another word for ‘i use big words to form complicated sentences and string everything together to confuse you into being convinced that i communicated’

At least that’s what I got out of it.

12. precious

October 27, 2015 at 8:15 am

My dear, i really love this but you really have to make people understand you. Go straight to the point and dont beat around the bush. Aside this, your communication skill is wonderful. Dear keep the flag high.