Music

Adele Explains Just How Hard Motherhood has been in the Latest Issue of i-D

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Adele

Since dropping her latest single ‘Hello’ off her forthcoming third studio album ‘25’, Adele has been the name on everyone’s lips.

Granting her first interview in the past 3 years, the 27-year-old music star talks to i-D about being a mum, her fear of fame and why she wouldn’t want to follow up 21, even if she could.

adele-body-image-1445617658 untitled-article-1445616244-body-image-1445616388

The British singer spoke about motherhood saying: “It’s f—ing hard. I thought it would be easy. ‘Everyone f—ing does it, how hard can it be?’ Ohhhhh… I had no idea. It is hard but it’s phenomenal. It’s the greatest thing I ever did. He makes me be a d!ckhead, and he makes me feel young and there’s nothing more grounding than a kid kicking off and refusing to do what you’re asking of them. It used to be that my own world revolved around me, but now it has to revolve around him.”

Also talking about the impact Amy Winehouse has had on her music, she said “If it wasn’t for Amy and Frank, one hundred percent I wouldn’t have picked up a guitar, I wouldn’t have written ‘Daydreamer’ or ‘Hometown,’ and I wrote ‘Someone Like You’ on the guitar, too. Contrary to reports, me and Amy didn’t really know each other, we weren’t friends or anything like that. I went to Brit School and she went for a little while. But a million percent if I hadn’t heard Frank this wouldn’t have happened. I adored her.”

On her album ‘25’ she says “I do it every album. I buy a new pad, sniff it – ’cause smell is important – and then I get a big, fat sharpie and write my age on the front page. 25 has five exclamation marks after it ’cause I was like, ‘How the f-k did that happen?!’ 21 to 25… I think the album is about trying to clear out the past. Becoming a parent and moving past my mid-twenties, I simply don’t have the capacity to worry about as many things that I used to really enjoy worrying about.”

You can read up her full feature here.

1. Gold

October 28, 2015 at 9:50 pm

And she’s just 27! Chai God, I am 27yrs old too naaw *sad face* What is it I am doing wrong ? I am happy for her o…..

• kodo

October 29, 2015 at 8:53 am

She’s 25, silly!! READ!

• fabulicious

October 29, 2015 at 11:26 am

And you hide behind your keyboard to call someone silly when you have no clue yourself. For your information, she is 27 and the album is named 25 because she started working on it 2 years ago.

2. addy

October 28, 2015 at 9:57 pm

She has such a beautiful mind! wow! i am pregnant now and i cant wait to experience mother hood. Ive asked God for a son. cause i have four sisters and one brother. i cant wait to experience all this joy! YOU ROCK ADELE!

• Tosin

October 29, 2015 at 12:34 am

awwww

3. As In

October 29, 2015 at 12:53 am

Pic 1 —– the all seeing eye —– illuminati tinz…..

• eyong

October 29, 2015 at 3:55 am

Don’t you mean the eye of Horus? When did that become illuminati? Black people stay being stupid since 1880 BC

• Mz Titilitious

October 29, 2015 at 12:33 pm

You are very silly for that statement! Do u have to categorize all black people? Dumbass!

• As In

October 29, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Confusion agent, trying to deceive the very elect, I bind you in the name of Jesus.

4. sOLO ACT

October 29, 2015 at 3:00 am

this is the kind of raw talent i am looking for not a lame girl like rihanna that relies on exposing her boobs and patting her vagina on stage.. Adele’s vid has been watched 100million times in 2 days. rihanna had to show her vaj in her vid to reach 70 million.

5. beauty

October 29, 2015 at 11:58 am

‘Hello’ has been on replay since I got to work this morning… It’s a really good song… really like Adele, she’s free-spirited and darn talented!

6. Chi

October 29, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Hello…. such a lovely song… dug up old memories and made me think of the one that got away. .LOL!