News

Stanbic IBTC now has Nigeria’s most evolved Internet Banking

BellaNaija.com

New internet banking creative (Blog) (1)
As we begin to do more and more online, the need for banks to have easy to use and super secure payment offerings has only increased. Already recognised as a leading Nigerian bank with international heritage, Stanbic IBTC Bank’s new internet banking offers users an enjoyable streamlined dynamic internet banking experience.

The design is beautiful, intuitive and responsive meaning users can easily use it on a smartphone, tablet or on a PC.

A key benefit of the new platform is that it affords users a more user friendly way to carry out their online transactions and manage their services. Users can also enjoy the ability to transfer funds quickly and easily; schedule bill payments at their convenience and purchase airtime effortlessly on the internet banking platform.

The new and improved internet banking platform provides users with a safer and more secure banking environment so that they can confidently make online payments.

Several people are already using this new platform with very positive reactions. See some comments below:

ibtc 1 ibtc 2 ibtc 3

And Mark Essien, CEO of Hotels.ng had this to say

ibtc 4

Are you ready for evolved internet banking?

Experience it now.

Simply go to www.stanbicibtcbank.com/internetbanking.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Advertorial– Sponsored Content

1. Damola

October 20, 2015 at 10:26 am

I dont agree…My request has been pending since before Jesus came..Send mail, and follow up with calls…and even in house trfs wont go!

2. ugee

October 20, 2015 at 10:39 am

I beg to differ. Have you heard of the Diamond Mobile App? very user friendly, instant transfers are carried out, air time easy to purchase, payment of utility bills like PHCN, GOTv/Dstv made easy and it is absolutely secure. Try diamond you would sing their praise for life. No kidding

3. Ntekim

October 20, 2015 at 11:10 am

Absolutely true! That thing is so beautiful.

I really like that I can nw do things without even thinking about it, unlike before. The bank wins this one

4. Oluwayemisi A

October 20, 2015 at 11:28 am

Damilola please call the call centre on 01422222 for quick Resolution or walk into any of our branches .thank you»…………».»..»…….»»»»…»..

• Damola

October 20, 2015 at 12:15 pm

thing is I don’t have to walk into any branch when I have email indemnity…I have sent countless emails…Its not just Stanbic actually..I think Nigerians just don’t respond to mails!

5. Oloye

October 20, 2015 at 11:35 am

I completely agree, it’s the best at the moment!

I used to struggle with thier iBanking until the recent upgrade. But I have the following issues still:

1.Can they make use of token (free oo) as against current practice of sending one-off pins to your registered number? What if the phone is dead and you need cash urgently. That happened to me in the club last Friday, I felt embarrassed!

2. The charges on transfer to other banks are too outrageous – N73.5 on every less than 100k transfer.

3. Using the NGN mastercard online is terrible, most cases wont go thru and if u mess around too long u get blocked and it takes years (yeas, years) to get unblocked.

4. Lastly, they have ‘wrongest’ customer services team. They cant solve any problem, and they will never keep their promises to get back to you.

6. Flexy

October 20, 2015 at 11:35 am

I use UBA’s U-Direct and it’s absolutely amazing, so far…

7. Kemi

October 20, 2015 at 11:54 am

The Stanbic IBTC new Internet banking is smooth, easy to use and the user experience is epic ? I loveeeeeeeee.

8. Kemi

October 20, 2015 at 11:56 am

There is not better way to describe the user experience. ….. epic! I loveeeeeeeee

9. Adenike

October 20, 2015 at 11:57 am

Zenith Bank! Please do something! You charge outrageously, but your Internet banking page looks like a science project. Please all that money cannot go to waste! Put it to good use!

10. Green

October 20, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I agree, but I think they should minimise on the token notifications. One should do or an email, in the case that my registered phone number is unavailable.

• kK

October 20, 2015 at 4:06 pm

@green I completely Agree with you!!!!!!! The token notification is UBER ANNOYING. What if I am not in the country, phone is switched off and urgently need to send money? They should look into email token notifications too.

11. Foxtrot

October 20, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Gtbank is much much better.

12. IJ

October 20, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Lol! It’s true sha. I’ve used Stanbic and GT’s internet banking. Much prefer Stanbic’s. So clean. That GT one is just meh

13. Koffie

October 20, 2015 at 6:28 pm

BN team, I know you guys are just doing your job of helping them advertise but y’all lost me at “internationally recognized as the leading Nigerian Bank…”. By who please? Up till end of the 2014 financial year, they were #10 by total assets and pre-tax profit and I can tell you that as of now, 9 months ended 2015, they’re not in top 10 by the two metrics I stated. If you had written one of the leading Nigerian banks, I wouldn’t have had an issue but THE leading Nigerian bank? softly softly oo.
    That said, I would without bias rate the Diamond mobile above Stanbic IBTC’s. Yes, I’ve used both and no, I do not work at any of the banks. I wish!

• Ri Ri

October 21, 2015 at 7:34 am

Hello Koffie…this is copy and paste and BN actually said ‘…recognised as a leading Nigerian bank with international heritage…’ emphasis on ‘a’. BN did not say ‘the’!

14. Lola

October 20, 2015 at 9:10 pm

Mschewwwwwwwwwwwwww rubbish website!!! totally useless Bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive had the misfortune of having a stanbic IBTC account as my salary account for a year and in that one year i have heard wehnnnn!! This bank has showed me that i have now given up. Untill recently, their cusomer service line was non existent. If you called na OYO be your name nobofy will pick up. Stanbic has no business doing retail or internet banking . they simply do not have the capacity for it. The standard response to any issue is “visit our branch” excuse me, i am busy!!! i do not have the time or energy to start looking for your non existent branches!!. Take the simple mastercard secure code. I had requested for an ATM card so that i would do a particular foreign transaction with the stanbic card and on the day i need to carry out the transaction i started looking through the internet banking portal for the link to setup my mastercard secure code, i looked and looked and finally called the customer care line and after wasting 30 minutes of my airtime with just a minute , please hold on ma, i will walk you through it in a minute the stupid customer care person informed me that i could not set up my mastercard secure code because ……. my mother’s maiden name was not updated in my customer details page … after 30 minutes!!!!!!!!! i asked her what i could do to fix it and she informed me that i needed to visit their branch … this was at 7 pm at night!!!!!!!!! I had to transfer the cash to GT Bank where i proceeded to set up the secure code and i was able to do my transaction. A few weeks later i got paid and as attempted to log on to the internet banking site, it locked me out. I called customer care and one of the security questions i was asked was …. “what is your mother’s maiden name” i just lost it right there. All this wash that stanbic is wasting money doing cannot help them. RUBBISH BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. OOO

October 20, 2015 at 9:12 pm

This is laughable. I say this as a stanbic account holder (5 years and not my choice, blame my company) that stanbic has one of the most horrible internet banking platforms ever. if i had a dollar for every time my online transactions failed (with my account being debited), i would be very wealthy. Even after failed transactions, it takes them ages to give me back my money… Trust me, they might have upgraded their platform, or changed the face of their internet banking platform, but its still as useless as ever…

16. Ready

October 21, 2015 at 8:24 pm

The greatest thing to happen to banking for Nigerians is social media. For too long, razzmatazz banks have been able to sell a glossy image to us and we couldn’t get our voices heard because their PR was on point.
    Now that the banking industry is getting more competitive, we can truly share our experiences. My opinion of Stanbic as a bank of the rich hasn’t really changed. I also have a GTB account, and I’m getting disillusioned. Surprisingly, I’m finding that Union Bank ‘supposedly the bank of the old’ has some great stuff to offer me, particularly with the UnionOnline and UnionMobile platforms. I’m crossing my fingers that it only gets better, and that the CBN continues to fill all regulatory loopholes.