News

Emmanuel Emenike Quits Super Eagles

BellaNaija.com

Emenike

Ever since Sunday Oliseh became head coach of the Super Eagles, there have been some interesting turn of events.

You will recall that Oliseh appointed a new captain for the team Ahmed Musa, and afterwards, goalkeeper and ex team captain, Vincent Enyeama dramatically announced his exit from the team via Instagram. Afterwards, there were reports that the NFF had plans to regulate the players’ social media use.

And now, Super Eagles striker, Emmanuel Emenike, has announced that he is retiring form the national team after five years, Premium Times reports.

Emenike took to his Instagram page to break the news, stating:

“No more Eagles career! After five great years, I am happy to announce that I have put full-stop to my national team career for the sake of national peace.”

It’s a pleasure for me to have played for this great country. I never regretted it and I think it’s the best time to end it. Million thanks to all the fans who have been very supportive during the good and bad times.

I am very proud of my performance, I am proud of my team mates and I am very proud of the nation called ‘Nigeria’. My AFCON gold medal is a sign of great achievement, My AFCON topscorer award speaks a lot about my commitment and dedication to the team. Super Eagles is a camp not a family house, and it shouldn’t be a threat zone for any individual.

I have done according to our national anthem. “All my dreams came true in the national team, I dreamt (sic) to win Nations Cup for Nigeria after 20-years, I dreamt (sic) to played at the World Cup as well as to make a name for myself… In the space of five years, I got them. I’m a winner!

For every disappointing fans, maybe due to my inability to re-establish my goal scoring instinct for Super Eagles, I will like to say I’m sorry but the ones I had scored counted well for the team.

As long as Nigeria remains, you and I will always remember the name ‘Emenike’. Finally, I am happy to make a bow and continue supporting the team every time.”

What’s going to happen next over at the Super Eagles camp? We’re waiting to see…

Photo Credit: Premium Times

1. beauty

October 20, 2015 at 10:24 am

Quit if you want to abeg! We are tired of this ‘quit and beg you to return’ situation in our football team

2. Bobonkiti

October 20, 2015 at 11:06 am

Welldone for your part. Wish you well now and in future.

3. Benson Ossai

October 20, 2015 at 11:40 am

Oliseh should take it easy with this lads.These guys are not kids and you know they are exposed so i am not sure they will want you to treat them anyhow.Just saying.Well if he wants to retire that is okay but i think it is right time to begin to build a new super eagles where discipline and commitment will be the motto.Oliseh begin to scout for talent both home and abroad in order to arrange a formidable eagles that will rule Africa and the world.

4. Chi

October 20, 2015 at 11:54 am

Emenike do me a favour please….Gerrrrrrrrrarahere mehn shii! You know war am saying. Taa! gbafuo! Si ebe a puo. we aint gonna beg you nigga. shit mehn

5. phoenix

October 20, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Congrats! Wish u success in ur future endeavours. Awon Sunday Oliseh, remember Samson Siasia nd his tenure as Super eagles head coach.

6. Sentiments Apart

October 20, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Sentiments apart guys…how about a little thinking?
    There is clearly sometin wrong in that Camp!
    Did he say somtin about ”….threat zone for any individual”?
    Well Vincent MAY HV told d truth after all. NFF pls control
    the type of phone the players use too, and their perfumes too…

7. Jules

October 20, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Bye bye

8. cheryl

October 20, 2015 at 2:35 pm

oliseh will soon enter d feild and play d ball all by himself, abi kini gbogbo radarada yii sef?

• Banke

October 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm

as in!!!! gragra e ti fe poju!

9. ebony

October 20, 2015 at 3:08 pm

did anyone notice the part he wrote “Super Eagles is a camp not a family house” hian Oliseh, easy ooo. dont come and be imposing plenty things on the existing players. they will all walk out.

10. Aanuolutomiwa

October 20, 2015 at 3:29 pm

something must be wrong in that camp, Oliseh should just be a good leader jor……………. oruko oba tilu tumo lori oma le pare laelae

11. Chidi

October 20, 2015 at 3:36 pm

It funny when one run from challenges, Emenike Just prove He cant face the hit when it is hot, Mikel has never quit despite how we call Him names, He was in the team before Musa, yet He never let the Hit make him Quit, if Emenike thinks He is a winner well i want to brake the news to Him, Quitters are losers.

• ATL's finest

October 20, 2015 at 4:04 pm

@ Chidi we are not in that camp with them . so challenges ain’t worth it period. Vinny gone , now him, Mikel never returned his call. Don’t u think when everyone seems to be the problem Oliseh is actually the problem? Yes, I’m glad he took a Bow &if that’s what is best for him, so be it. I just think Oliseh can rule, b a coach, a brother to them & still gain respect from n for eachother with a great GOAL to score. Five years isn’t a joke so best wishes to him

• Jboy

October 20, 2015 at 4:16 pm

The guy naa fool

12. onyx

October 20, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Please somebody tell me what does it mean to retire for the sake of national peace? These guys sha

13. whatwillbewillbe

October 21, 2015 at 3:40 am

This can end either of two ways; all the players leave and the super Eagles becomes much more of a joke than it already is or all Oliseh uses this opportunity to build a formidable team. I wish them well oh
    Abeg which one is ‘for the sake of national peace’. ‘camp shouldn’t be a threat to people’ and Super Eagles isn’t family? Hian

14. Iyun

October 21, 2015 at 11:36 am

Biko everyone of them should retire and let Oliseh build a new team, we don’t have to go for any competition for the time-being not that if we go sef we will win anything(bunch of old legs claiming youngies). Think its time we start afresh..

15. Tosin

October 21, 2015 at 7:58 pm

is it every Olympics/World Cup season we’ll be finding new guys to play?
    This our own Naija football sef, na hinternationah