News

2 Nigerians Arrested at MMIA for Smuggling Cocaine Worth N59 Million | Discovered in Whisky Bottles & Frames

BellaNaija.com

NDLEA 1

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested two Nigerians at Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) who smuggled N59 million worth of cocaine from Brazil.

The accused, Michael Okwuma and Chidiebere Nwajagu, smuggled the drugs in whiskey bottles and wooden frames, Pulse NG reports.

Okwuma confessed to the crime, stating:

“I live in Sao Paulo with my wife and child. I work in a supermarket but my salary is not sufficient to take care of my family. The man that gave me the drugs is like a father to me. He usually renders me financial assistance. He was the one that bought my ticket and gave me the $3,000. I was very happy for the gesture. He also gave me a bag containing children’s clothes and wooden frames to take to Nigeria. When I got to Lagos, NDLEA officers opened the bag and found the cocaine.”

NDLEA Commander at the Airport, Ahmadu Garba, confirmed the incident stating:

“Okwuma was found in possession of 3.4kg of cocaine hidden inside wooden frames and Nwajagu Chidiebere was found with 3.2kg of cocaine hidden inside packs of Irish whiskey. The drug has an estimated street value of N59m. Okwuma took off from Guarulhos International Airport Sao Paulo, Brazil on a South African Airways flight through Johannesburg to Lagos. Nwajagu Chidiebere also left Brazil on an Emirates flight through United Arab Emirates to Lagos. Both suspects will soon be charged to court.”

Photo Credit: Instablog9ja

1. Ephi

November 13, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Again? Again?!
    I reserve my comment

2. gogo

November 13, 2015 at 12:23 pm

Igho people have started o.

3. GeeGee

November 13, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Why are the igbo boys the ones doing this now. 90% of the people caught smuggling this year in nigeria are igbos. Ogini?? why giving igbos such a bad name. Please people should learn how to be content with what they have abeg now….

4. Paul Babalola

November 13, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Yibos kwenu. Biafra will rise again. Awon asinwin

• Mrs N

November 13, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Babalola, it is Igbo kwenu and we are not crazy. But for every 2 igbo drug dealer, there are 20 Igbo Executive Director, 1000 Igbo trader/day, Over 500 graduating Doctors/day (Plus me), e.t.c.Therefore rephrase your comment before I call you ashiere, omo lasan ikeji aja…………Mtchew

5. prince

November 13, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Christmas is just by the corner and they want to drive some nice cars. These Igbo guys are just too desperate, never contented. 98% of those caught this year are my Igbo brothers. Ogini kwanu.

6. Tolu

November 13, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Igbo again? Na wa o

7. mrs chidukane

November 13, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Yeah, I was waiting for the Ibo again comments, mtcheew. As if people all over Nigeria don’t commit crime. Glad to know I wasn’t disappointed. No one says Yoruba again when armed robbers are caught or ritualists or fraudsters apprehended. I would have taken it upon myself to do so but I’m smarter than that but please you people whose tribesmen don’t commit crime should carry on.

8. G!

November 13, 2015 at 5:38 pm

For all of you cussing out Igbo brethren, please refer to the story on Etisalat Innovation awards. The top two positions went to Igbo men! This stereotyping of Igbo people as drug dealers is a little sad. Igbo people are really ambitious and unfortunately they do get involved in unsavoury transactions. However, there are many more of them who are genuinely hardworking and undeserving of this reaction.

9. nene

November 13, 2015 at 9:50 pm

igbo, delta, yoruba and edo boys when will you people stop this rubbish with drugs and 419

• Nene you are stupid

November 14, 2015 at 1:43 pm

I knew you will add lies.

10. Probiafra

November 13, 2015 at 11:28 pm

Igbo kwenu!!!! The best in everytin, Yorubas dey gealous.