Relationships

First Look: Tosyn Bucknor & Aurélien Boyer’s Wedding

BellaNaija.com

It’s #YoruFrench2015!

The time has come for OAP Tosyn Bucknor and her French fiancé Aurélien Boyer to perform their traditional rites and have their white wedding reception.

Here’s a first look of guests including Sasha P, Toke Makinwa, Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi, and the bride’s sister, esteemed event planner Funke Bucknor-Obruthe of Zapphaire Events.

The bride’s makeup is by Annabel of BM|Pro.

Traditional WeddingTosyn Bucknor Wedding 2 Tosyn Bucknor Wedding 1

White WeddingTosyn Bucknor and Aurelien Boyer Wedding 3 Tosyn Bucknor and Aurelien Boyer Wedding 2 Tosyn Bucknor and Aurelien Boyer Wedding 1Tosyn Bucknor & Aurélien Boyer's Wedding 2 Tosyn Bucknor & Aurélien Boyer's Wedding 1 Adebola Williams, Banky W and Ebuka Obi-Uchendu at Tosyn Bucknor & Aurélien Boyer's Wedding Toke Makinwa at Tosyn Bucknor & Aurélien Boyer's Wedding

Photo Credit: Instagram.com

1. Luvnaija

November 15, 2015 at 2:36 pm

I don’t feel BM pro makeup so at all, feel it’s all hype. The Rhokefella babe is what I call exotic makeup for accessions like this. My opinion don’t bite me! Just like saying you prefer tfc to sweetsensation food!

• Nahum

November 15, 2015 at 5:52 pm

You are definitely entitled to your opinion and I agree with you. I love the bride’s aso oke

• Olanma

November 15, 2015 at 7:14 pm

I was about saying the the same about the make-up then I read your comment. Over-hyped.

• kili

November 15, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Hmmmmn. You are entitled to your opinion. Truly.
      Banke may be expensive but I don’t think that ultimately translates to being overpriced.
      From my observation of makeup with Nigerian women. The louder, harsher the better. They dont care- you can even apply Dusting Powder sef. Everybody now is also a make up artist.
      I dont know both women from anywhere. But you can stop by their Instagram handles and be the judge yourself. Maybe you are just tired of seeing BM brides everyday but hat is a fault of BellaNaija o.

• Jen

November 16, 2015 at 12:44 am

Kili,
      Don’t twist words. I hate when people do that. People are saying someone’s make-up is overhyped, and you’re saying maybe they’re tired of her doing all bride’s make-up jobs? Really? The comment was/is she is overhyped. Does she do great make-up? Yes. Is she overhyped? Absolutely. They’re other MUAs that are just as good as she is, if not better, eg Bimpe Onakoya, Labisi Folawiyo, etc. And no, she doesn’t do all the brides or almost all the brides; not anymore. There’s major competition now so the work is spilt; so to speak.

• Quiss

November 16, 2015 at 8:47 am

BN, I cannot stand you guys, you’re seriously pathetic. Why have the comments section when you’ll screen comments? Don’t understand why you guys only post what you support and agree with. It amazes me how you accommodate what’s wrong but dissociate from what’s right. Silly bunch.

• kili

November 16, 2015 at 12:00 pm

@lee.. If you reallh had a brain you wouldnt reply the way you did. I will refrain from insulting you.

A whole bunch of you don’t even know what makeup is supposed to do. So i do not blame you.

( since you have a brain, think about it slowy) if she is over hyped why is she still getting customers. REPEAT CUSTOMERS EVEN. JUST SAY U CANT AFFORD HER AND MOVE ON. WILL YOU. Really, it’s fine to say you don’t like her work but to say she is over priced. That’s a big lie.
      You should know Bimpe is not a Bridal Makeup artist. She is good with editorials and runways.
      Yes I repeat.. Bimpe doesn’t have a studio. Doesn’t even have a team ( understand it however way u choose. Its your business) They are two different people with different visions, different styles. I bet you ll faint at how much Bimpe charges and I am sure you ll come back and yarn dust here that Bimpe is over rated. Next will be Beauty Cooks and Mamza and Jide. Go to all your “upcoming” artists and heck out the nonsense and blunders most of them commit . thick concealer brows, very obvious contour and highlights, wrong shades of powder. Unibrows. In fact with makeup these days everybody looks like a duplicate of the other. ( why am i wasting my time self)
      She is not over hyped. I believe she gives value for money. Thank you. Btw those pictures up there are phone pictures. No filters.

• nwanyi na aga aga

November 16, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Quiss, BN has surely employed a hypocrite to be editing and screening comments. Very silly thing to do. BN if you like post if you like don’t post. But the hypocrisy you have decided to employ these days is alarming. If you want to screen comments better be objective about it. You cant approve an extensively offensive comment then when someone replies you guys will screen the person

• Sola

November 15, 2015 at 7:15 pm

You are right Luvnaija. Banke does a good job. But it is overhyped and too expensive. I guess everything na packaging.

• californiabawlar

November 15, 2015 at 9:41 pm

But who in Buhari’s Nigeria prefers TFC to Sweet Sensation? TFC is so bland and their chicken looks like it’s been pumped with hormones…Plus TFC is too westernized! Why can’t we learn to appreciate our own African dishes?? chai! You’re just hating on Sweet Sensations delicious indigenous meals….so much bitterness! msssscheww.

See what I did there? 😛
      Happy Married life Tosyn! Areaaaaaa!

• Jen

November 16, 2015 at 12:45 am

“Why can’t we learn to appreciate our own African dishes??”. Really? Californiabawlar I didn’t know TFC serves Thia dishes and isn’t African, thanks for the info.

• Californiabawlar

November 16, 2015 at 9:16 am

Gurrrrl! Who stole your pant?? Awww, pele dear…sending hugs, butterflies and all things sparkly your way today…..cos you shooooo gon need it! I mean it’s only Monday ??

• Selele

November 16, 2015 at 9:42 am

Californiabawlar me thinks you rushed to drop your comment so forgot TFC and KFC are different. Emm TFC is Nigerian ,thanks. Either way, Bimpe Onakoya is wayyyyyy better than banke meshida . No question.

• kilipot

November 16, 2015 at 10:16 am

Who stole her pant gan ni. Lol. I guess she is a makeup artist. Lol. I quietly expressed my opinion and she came for my head. People wont calm down and see other people’s hard work. They just have to wait till u get it right and then come and tear you down. Ok you said bimpe OnakoyA. Where was Bimpe before Maybelline. Does she even have a studio? Does she even have a team? So are you saying Banke should be the one doing all the faces and not delegate. She is good. You can’t take that away from here. To me she is not over priced ( even if i cant afford her). She and Tara made the makeup industry appealing. Now every girl has a canon camera, and a reflector. Yu are here making noise. Oops i guess she building a luxury brand. Every body has their target customer, please find yours. If u like, be doing makeup for 2k per face. That’s your kettle of fish. DON’T TRY TOO BRING A HARD WORKING LADY DOWN..

• Jen

November 16, 2015 at 11:14 am

What an idiot. “who stole your pant”?? Really? Perhaps your boyfriend. What a senseless comment, smh. You best save the hugs for yourself.

• Lee

November 16, 2015 at 11:24 am

Kilipot, some of you are special? How are they bringing BML down? Because they’re saying she’s overhyped, they’re bringing her down? Please use your brain. And wow, Bimpe Onakoya doesn’t have a team so it means she’s not good, I don’t get, what are you saying? Wow. Don’t twist people opinions or force yours down people’s throats. BML is a damn great MUA, but she’s overhyped, there are now many talented people just as good as she is; point blank period. Deal with it. This isn’t about bringing anyone down. Wow, the way you reason is interesting.
      And Californiabawlar, I like your comments but that was an unreasonable ratchet comment from you. ????.

• californiabawlar

November 16, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Omg!! I slept and woke up and the sarcasm is still lost on all of you?! TF is my business with makeup artists or TFC?! It’s not a curse o, but it’s going to be a long ass week for y’all. Abeg jere….
      @Jen….you called me an idiot? After I sent positive vibes to you? My dear, God will judge between you and I o!! **sniff**sniff**
      For the madam that’s disappointed in me because my comment was ratchet….I’m offended that you ever assumed @californiabawlar as anything other than ratchet!! common…even from the name sef…whatchu expect?
      Tosyn looks great! I think a lot of the criticism is coming from people that don’t know her or her work. She’s as real as they come and is a great radio host. She held down her own morning show by herself for the longest time, and with zero phoney accents too!
      I think the hype was based on the fact that she never really wears makeup or dress up….she’s such a beautiful lady and everyone is excited to see the ‘transformation’….I remember everyone in my family being excited when our tomboy cousin got married too.

Areaaaa! ?

• ATL's finest

November 15, 2015 at 9:53 pm

Exactly u ain’t alone on this one. Funny enough if BM does it herself it’s more $$$ so I heard but it’s funny how much folks will pay her while they can still get a better service & more satisfaction. #WELOVENAMES#

• Bey

November 16, 2015 at 1:07 am

I guess it’s becos Banke herself didn’t do d make up, one of her girls did. Her make up is known to be quite understated than a lot of regular naija make up artist, who don’t know a church /white wedding shld be quite minimal but shld still pop without a lot of loud colors. That being said I admire Bankes work, but I definitely won’t be putting down btw 350k/400k down for make up. There are a lot of up and coming make up artist out dere, u just need to do your own research and tell them exactly wat sort of look ur going for.

• Lola

November 16, 2015 at 9:36 am

I agree with you and disagree.
      Not all makeup artists use loud colors, I’ve seen Faces By Labisi, Bimpe, even Mamza Beauty in Abuja and they’re subtle for church weddings; the make-up. This is done by Banke’s girl but it’s no different from how Banke does it. I know any BM|Pro Make-up when I see one, there’s a way she does make-up and she’s passed it on to her staffs. That being said, she sure does do great make-up, however it’s definitely overhyped. There are MUAs just as good as her, even better. Before, I was obsessed about her, not anymore even though she still does spectacular make-up; as there’s competition.

• Sika

November 16, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Personally, I think the bridal industry in Nigeria should be regulated. 400k for what ? That’s above £1300. That’s ridiculous. I don’t care how good you are or if your father started the make up industry. That shit makes no sense.

Also, people use BML also because she is expensive. People want others to know how much they spent on their wedding and other wedding related stuff so they go for the overpriced – that doesn’t necessary mean they are the best. It’ just means they are the most expensive which in naija language equates to the best. Its also about showing off when Nigerians love to do.

• peperempe

November 16, 2015 at 10:13 am

Rhonkefella’s makeup always has the obvious nose highlight thing. gurl needs to learn how to blend, makeup secrets sould not be obvious, all her makeup, the highlight of the nose just sticks out.

• LOL

November 29, 2018 at 10:37 am

I prefer tfc to sweet sensation by far!

2. Tai omo Yoruba nimi

November 15, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Nigerian women have nice dentition sha o,see all their white fine set of teeth .odan Moran Moran

• R8album

November 16, 2015 at 6:17 am

HML yall!! No shade but i dont see chemistry from the groom. He doesnt look relaxed with his new culture. Just looks stressed out maybe but something is weird for me biko…like i said my assumz are all based on pics i saw….no shade tosyn and mr aurilien

Btw i am ashame of naija babes that were fawning over the interacial aspect and not the genuine love. Cute babies are not bacause of the skin color pls…if daddy is not cute pikib wont be and if mommy no fine, double wahala be dat…lol!!

• Simi

November 17, 2015 at 11:16 pm

He is French and his country just got attacked. I’m not agreeing with the ‘he looks stressed or no chemistry” from your comment but just saying sometimes there is more behind the scenes. From all indications on their instagram page, and reports from the wedding, they have chemistry and fun and he seems to really love Naija culure.

• Dee

November 17, 2015 at 5:40 am

I had to comment on the dentition thingey.
      I am sorry if this is racist, but SouthEastern Asians have the worst dentition ever- 3 out of ever 5 Asians have bad dentition and it smacked me right in the face when I moved here, but anyhoo then I figured a lot of Amrikans used braces and set their teeth anyways, so I didn’t see so many bad dentition. Then you come to 9ja, yelz we have our own “eleyin-shamuga, eleyin ta, etc”, but overall, people have really good dentition. hehehhe maybe it’s also cos I have a thing for nice teeth sha

• GBG

November 17, 2015 at 10:02 am

I’ve a thing for good dentition as well…when I meet Indians I can’t help but notice their dentition, even their stars in Bollywood, awon eyin yen ugly men…

3. poko

November 15, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Go tosin! Go! God bless your marriage sister!

4. ATL's finest

November 15, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Congrats to her & she’s pretty for her day. Anytime I see a BN wedding now, Mariam Adeyemi’s saga pops up in my head smh..( sorry o) no offense to anyone . I’m just saying

• Lee

November 15, 2015 at 7:42 pm

You just like unnecessary drama and you’ll say no offense. This isn’t about Maryam Adeyemi so wait until you see a post on her then you can say whatever. This is Tosin, you and your pointless shade(s), then you’ll say no offense afterwards. Just wish them well and keep it moving or don’t comment at all. You failed woefully at throwing subtle shade. Unnecessary.

• Exq

November 15, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Your comment is vey unnecessary. This is NOT Mariam, but Tosin. Different circumstances and situations. Please, take your shade elsewhere. It’s ironic when people are offensive then go on to say no offense.

• Author Unknown

November 15, 2015 at 11:43 pm

Could be similar to some people. Oyinbo, no? 🙂

• Abk

November 15, 2015 at 10:13 pm

BN screen comments well, sho gbo? Smh can’t stand you guys. How do you approve what’s wrong and disregard what’s right? Don’t get it!

• TK

November 16, 2015 at 1:19 am

Omg! I know right.. but not to bring anything up here.. I kind of had doubts about it! some weddings you can see sincerity, like they’re not even thinking about anyone else’s views except theirs and that’s how i see this one.. took a few days to get over that saga sha

5. udyluv

November 15, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Congrats girl. May God bless your home.

6. NaijaPikin

November 15, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Did Lamide offend you. Interesting how you named everyone in the pic but lamide

7. Missappleberry

November 15, 2015 at 4:28 pm

So Funke is her sister? Wow! See osho-free event planning o! Congrats tosyn!

• kilipot

November 16, 2015 at 10:32 am

Im telling you. I wish she was my sistee right now. In another 5 yrs. Someone will come and say zapphire too is overpriced. Same way they ve askeed what LindaIkeji does also. Awon were!

• i no send

November 16, 2015 at 1:23 pm

kilipot you are really out for blood today ..why nah…they really annoyed you this morning are you bmpro herself??

• Sola

November 16, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Must you call them names because people’s point of view differs from yours?? Show some class. If you are from the BMPRO studio or the bride’s family. Then I expect better.

• kilipot

November 16, 2015 at 3:38 pm

@sola and @i no send. I’m sorry if i seemed angry. I am not working for BMPRO in any capacity. I was only expressing myself. However I was ticked off ( It’s funny how a person wants you to agree with their opinion and then hurl insults at you- you state yours and I state mine )
      Noobody should be pushed to the wall. You insult me I will reciprocate.
      It’s just makeup we are talkig about here. It’s not so serious.

8. Nefertiti

November 15, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Congratulations Tosyn,
    But the beads are a No No

• sade

November 15, 2015 at 6:26 pm

I swear to God! The beads are an overkill! Haba! She should have known and done better

• Shandi

November 15, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Your opinion. Not my type, cause I like simple things but it’s really nice. The beads are even better than the make-up. Plus it compliments her buba.

9. mary

November 15, 2015 at 5:25 pm

she is a beautiful bride, but i don’t think that bead was appropriate for the outfit

10. d

November 15, 2015 at 6:17 pm

@luvnaija, rhonkefella might be good but her photoshop is something else…until I see her work in reality without photoshop, I keep mum.
    Hml to Tosin…it’s good to have d right connection

11. Queen Stella

November 15, 2015 at 7:37 pm

Nice… congrats .

12. 'Diddie

November 15, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Congrats to Tosyn and her hubby! Nice atire and smile….We want more pics ooo

13. Cynical

November 15, 2015 at 8:34 pm

@missappleberry……na serious osho free o.was wondering if she paid her sister for planning the event? Anyway,happy married life .

14. fleur

November 15, 2015 at 11:49 pm

Yeah. The beads are pretty on their own but they overwhelmed the attire because they almost have the same pattern as the aso oke but came in a different color patch. But, she was happy and that is all that matters. That is the beauty of art. Tokstarr is on the offensive for her own oyibo. He he. Just saying.

15. Mama

November 15, 2015 at 11:56 pm

Toke!!! With her made in China abeg hide!
    Congrats to the couple.
    And for all those castigating the person who commented on Mariaim Adeyemi, swear say as you see 9ja babe and Oyinbo man the saga nor cross your mind???

• Lola

November 16, 2015 at 9:40 am

No it didn’t, as I’m not shallow minded. Just cause it happened to Mariam Adeyemi, it means the same thing will cross my mind for Tosin? I want to believe people are much more logical than that.

16. Someone cute

November 16, 2015 at 1:07 am

Congrats to tosyn. She looked really cool and beautiful. For those saying her makeup was overhyped. Wait till you see official photos. These are just pics by friends. Official photos that are filtered and face concentrated. (U know what I mean) lol. Toke Makinwa, every event I see, you are always there… You can grace occasion for Africa!

• Ola

November 16, 2015 at 9:46 am

Yes, but if make-up is fabulous, you don’t need filters to see it clearly. I have a friend who’s a MUA based here in Toronto, all the make-up jobs she has done are taken with her Samsung phone, she has no camera, and doesn’t even filter. I know as I’m most times with her, and even help take the pictures when I’m with her.

17. nne

November 16, 2015 at 1:35 am

TOKE take it easy on these events cloth will soon finish oh

• Babycakes

November 16, 2015 at 8:51 am

Chai…is it your money? did she complain to u? u people ehn

18. Chi-e-z

November 16, 2015 at 2:09 am

Yea!!! Yea!!! Tosyn wishing you a very happy loving lasting marriage 🙂

19. lad

November 16, 2015 at 11:21 am

I don’t get what the fuss about the makeup is all about, all I see is a beautiful and happy bride.. Tosyn you look stunning.. God bless your union.

• Lamn

November 16, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Yeah, she looks beautiful. I think they’re talking about the makeup artist in general. She does great make-up, they’re just talking about the hype, it’s too much.
      I love Tosin, she’s my girl any day.

• californiabawlar

November 16, 2015 at 7:12 pm

I don’t think it’s fair to her…I think we should have focused on the beautiful/amazing bride! But then….you really can’t predict how folks respond these things.

20. Bonita

November 16, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Congratulations Tosin! You make a stunning bride. Love the natural hair and the unique dress

21. tols

November 16, 2015 at 5:19 pm

to those talking about tosin’s makeup. Tosin’s face structure doesn’t need loud makeup or cakey. Her face is subtle,.Just imagining use red, deep wine or loud colour on her. the same pple would be the one criticizing etc. to me, Her makeup is beautiful, no edit or and its calm looking for tosin’s face. on her wedding day. Learn to appreciate people’s work, we condemn too much and comparing people to others. Nobody is a perfect, but we are all striving to be.. The artist did a fabulous job

• Adwoa

November 16, 2015 at 5:56 pm

@tols no one is condemning. The first photos BN used were from Instagram, and not the professional pictures. They just edited them a couple of hours ago. Also, no one talked about her having too much make-up on or less; they just talked about BML’s make-up being good but overhyped still. You all need to learn to comprehend well before being unnecessarily defensive.

And @kilipot you need to take a chill pill, it’s not that serious. By the way, Bimpe Onakoya does have a studio. You don’t have to make pesky and derogatory comments about someone to raise up another you like. Grow up!

22. Funmi

November 16, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Banke I mean BMPro has been around for a very long time she must have paid a lot of price to get to where she is today ie serious hardwork. Believe this lady work is world class
    I have seen a lot of MUA works by the time some of them finished with you, you sel will not recognised who u are looking at in the mirror. Banke does brilliant make up all the time and we should appreciate and applaude her. She is just not an ordinary MUA she is a celebrity MUA so she is not overhyped or overpriced. She deserve where she is today and what she is getting. Meanwhile I’ve never met her or spoke to her but I’ve seen her work and I respect her and we don’t need to fight over this we are 1 God happy family. God bless you all Bellanaijarian I love you all for u always crack me up when am down.XOXO.

23. Californiabawlar

November 16, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Areaaaa! ?

24. Idomagirl

November 16, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Congrats Tosyn! 🙂

25. Adaeze Writes

November 16, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Beautiful couple. May God bless your union…

26. Laolu

November 16, 2015 at 11:20 pm

It’s funny how 90% of the comments are centered on the makeup artist and what not. Very little attention is given to the bride, which was the main reason for this post. We should learn to be appropriate in all we do. This is not the place for irrelevant talk.

Happy Married life to beautiful Tosyn and her husband. God will bless your home. Amen

27. YEYEAREWA

November 17, 2015 at 10:29 am

Una too like drama and like to drink Panadol untop person matter! these MUA’a y’all are insulting yourselves over are singing ‘i don get alert, Godwin” on a steady! lol. so pls take a chill pill.
    As for BN, continue editing comments, i have noticed it too! kontinu o! Dia ris God! its pointless having a section for comments when people can’t air theirs! you might as well, remove that option! #MyTwoCents

28. Aanuolu

November 17, 2015 at 11:42 am

happy married life tosyn, i av a thing for that eyebrow though

29. Beegal

November 17, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Those phones also have filters. Samsung is one of the baddest!

30. Hasi

November 18, 2015 at 11:21 pm

Wow! Stunning! I love the bride’s make-up on the traditional attire. The Aso-Oke is also very different from what I’ve. been seeing around…. Is this the new Aso-Oke trend? – Nice!

31. Moyo

November 20, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Happy married life Tosin and hubby, Tosin looked a bit tense in her photos, but that is not unexpected. Is Tosin and her sister related to the pianist Segun Bucknor, there is a resemblance in their features

32. oghenekevwe

November 26, 2015 at 12:05 pm

TB & AB make good match & there children are going to be cute after all T girl is very intelligent, congratulations