News

Payment of N5,000 to Unemployed Youths to Begin Next Year

BellaNaija.com

Solomon Dalong

The payment of N5,000 stipend to unemployed Nigerian youths will reportedly commence next year.

Minister of Youth and Sports, Solomon Dalong, revealed this yesterday in Abuja, Vanguard reports.

“I would want the youths to understand that every promise must be backed up by budgetary provision and our promise to pay N5000 is not contained in the 2015 budget. So, definitely, it is going to begin in 2016 as we have made budgetary allocations for that.

We are committed to the campaign promises of creating jobs, providing wealth creation and combat poverty. We have embedded in our manifesto things that we are translating to reality.

We are busy reviewing some of the youth empowerment programmes that are ongoing,  to ensure that they are more viable and people oriented. We are also looking at the possibility of realigning some of them to our vision so that in the final analysis, it can add value to the people,“ Dalong told newsmen.

Photo Credit: Daily Post

1. Thatgidigirl

November 26, 2015 at 7:57 am

All those people claiming socialpreneur, selfiepreneur, makeuppreneur and all the other preneurs, we no wan see una for this benefit line o.

2. Benson Ossai

November 26, 2015 at 8:02 am

Till then Dalong.I have the APC Manifesto and i have read it extensively.I am waiting to see whether APC will fulfill all their campaign promises but till then Nigerians are watching like “OMOBA”.

3. Cindy

November 26, 2015 at 8:26 am

Yay! Shoki! 5k extra per month. In like six to seven months I’ll be able to pay for that Brazilian hair I so dream of ?

• mee

November 26, 2015 at 12:15 pm

**in mr Ibu’s voice** see ya life???

4. EIO

November 26, 2015 at 8:45 am

I don’t see this project working in a country like ours. They should have done a skill acquisition programme and empower these youths rather than this. A case of giving fish instead of teaching one how to fish.

5. Pfft !

November 26, 2015 at 9:08 am

I doubt this thing will work and the idea is just ridiculous. First, those Ogas at the top will not pay the youths regularly, there will be embezzlement, no matter how small. Second, can’t the funds be used to invest in various national projects that would be a source of income for the nation and a source of employment for the youth. And the 5k is too meagre. It can’t do much or anything sef. Well, God will help Nigeria and her leaders.

6. bruno

November 26, 2015 at 10:41 am

chai. the black man is truly very unintelligent.

instead of dashing 5,000 to people every month why not just use the money to build factories and industries. why not create jobs with this money. this is just another avenue for politicians and officials to embezzle money. people are going to start cheating the system.

this country makes me sick to my stomach. nigeria is and will always be third world country because of the way people in this country reason.

who came up with such a dumb idea sef? to be giving unemployed youth 5,000 every month. that person is a goat.

7. left brain psycriatric doctor

November 26, 2015 at 12:26 pm

Journey to political sucide.
    Govt who can’t pay workers 18,000.
    Broke *ss govt? Amnexia!!! Next patient…

8. jay

November 26, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Bruno, for once I totally agree with you.That person is a goat

9. Sadia

November 26, 2015 at 5:43 pm

So they realy think 5000 naira a month is enough for survival in Nigeria?? Haha,these people are still joking sha Sipping juice and patiently waiting for “change”

10. ElessarisEllendil

November 27, 2015 at 1:10 am

I can already see it in my mind’s eye. Come 2019, we all know PDP will promise N10,000, APC will counter with N18,000 and we will well be on the road to doom. Sorry Einstein, Nigeria is the definition of madness.

11. nnenne

November 27, 2015 at 6:35 pm

I see another 419 about to place.
    Unemployed youths. How many are they?
    Does it include those Nigerians just repatriate from Britain?

Hope they will publish names of beneficiaries. We need to see the percentage of the population that will benefit from this.

I don’t want to burst anyone’s bubbles but am against spoon feeding. Am against hand outs.
    Teach me how to fish and keep your fish.