Events

Exclusive: Mo Abudu, Dakore Akande, Omoni Oboli & More FIFTY Cast Surprise Fans at the Cinema

Dakore Akande & Mo Abudu

Dakore Akande & Mo Abudu

Mo Abudu, Biyi Bandele, Dakore Akande, Omoni Oboli and more stars of the hit movie “Fifty” surprised guests in cinemas across Lagos as they sold tickets, signed autographs and served popcorn while people prepared to watch the movie.

Professor Wole Soyinka added to the glamour of a screening over the weekend, when he dropped by to see the movie at the Genesis Deluxe Cinema in Lagos.

See the photos below.

_D008157 (Copy) _D008180 (Copy) _D008191 (Copy) _D008223 (Copy) DSC_0213 FIFTY - Prof. Wole Soyinka at First Screening - Genesis Cinema - Lekki - Daniel Sync DSC_0214 FIFTY - Prof. Wole Soyinka at First Screening - Genesis Cinema - Lekki - Daniel Sync DSC_1738 FIFTY - Omoni Oboli - Silverbird Galleria - 19Dec2015 - Daniel Sync IMG_0015 IMG_0053 IMG_0071 IMG_0090 IMG_0095 IMG_0150 IMG_0173 IMG_0174 IMG_0186 IMG_0222 IMG_0244 IMG_0253 IMG_0291 IMG_0303 IMG_0336 IMG_0340 IMG_0352 IMG_0391 IMG_0400 IMG_0431 IMG_0462 IMG_0484 IMG_0532 IMG_0623 IMG_0670 IMG_0679 IMG_0697 IMG_7891 FIFTY - Prof. Wole Soyinka at First Screening - Genesis Cinema - Lekki - Daniel Sync IMG_7898 FIFTY - Prof. Wole Soyinka at First Screening - Genesis Cinema - Lekki - Daniel Sync IMG_7906 FIFTY - Prof. Wole Soyinka at First Screening - Genesis Cinema - Lekki - Daniel Sync IMG_9136 IMG_9185 IMG_9215 IMG_9259 IMG_9430

Photo Credits: Daniel Sync/ Crystals Studios/ R&B-PR

1. pipi

December 21, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Please if u are confused and thinking of watching the movie!! please don’t waste your money. I have never seen a story-line that stupid! the characters didn’t make sense. What a waste of good actors… i was very angry after watching very angry !

• ANON

December 21, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Obviously you did not watch this movie! I have seen it and so have many of my friends! You’re probably just a stupid ass hater. It cannot be the same movie you and i watched. Unless you’re just uneducated and blind. Please take a seat and be quiet.

• Quiss

December 21, 2015 at 2:48 pm

ANON, she’s not a stupid ass hater. She obviously watched the movie and is being blunt since she paid for it, and you’re obviously a groupie or a weirdo who can’t and won’t want to hear the truth especially if you’re part of someone’s clan, or a groupie. Not everything is hate, hunny. This is Monday and this is Christmas season, calm your ass down. Kisses to you!

• DD

December 21, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Pipi is entitled to have a different opinion from yours. Different strokes….

• nene

December 21, 2015 at 2:02 pm

i thought as much. all hype

• Na waoh

December 21, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Seriously I have not watched d movie but I don’t want to believe this is true cuz the publicity made abt it was too much ,eventhough I kept havx d feeling it wouldn’t be up to expectation

2. RIFF RAFF

December 21, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Dakore looking really nice. Omoni o hmmmm. Beautiful dark-skinned babe, how did u end up on Stella’s hot seat and ETC’ “shading” articles?

• Jen

December 21, 2015 at 2:02 pm

I don’t like Omoni, I can’t stand her at all but Nigerians REALLY need to stop thinking everyone is bleaching. It’s sad cause I personally have close people who’ll just see someone on TV and even in photos and they’ll automatically say “they’re bleaching”. It gets old after a while abeg.

• RIFF RAFF

December 21, 2015 at 2:23 pm

You completely missed my point honey. It’s not bleaching we talking about here. Not all all….

3. Anon

December 21, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Love this – as they sold tickets, signed autographs and served popcorn while people prepared to watch the movie.

Oh Prof, he makes white hair so dishy!

4. whocares

December 21, 2015 at 1:25 pm

ok im starting to get curious about this movie. The promo is everywhere.. has anyone seen it? is it sweet? before I finally give up on Iroko.. is it on Iroko?

• Californiabawlar

December 21, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Oluronbi my iroko sister ? (God forbid o!) Chop hi-5!?? I just took a break from iroko too….it’s best to do that periodically so the movies can kinda pile up.
      Meanwhile, did you watch all them ‘series’….my friend (who fully utilized my subscription to it’s max potential) turned me on to them, my favorites are Poisoned Bait, Lagos Wives and another one life that….lol.
      Poisoned Bait was soo good, I shamelessly got all hot and bothered by Gideon! Pheww?

• whocres

December 22, 2015 at 12:18 pm

@C-bawler -Are they that good? I did not know. Same here. My friend in France enjoys my Iroko more than I do gan self. I have always skipped the series ‘cos I hate getting addicted to series like really its no good and I just always thought they would be bad or cliche.. ok now. You have given me xmas motive. You know, I even got my friend’s Ibaka Tv password (try to get a password if you can) I think those people try pass Iroko yoruba movie wise .. I saw this one the other day called “Victims”- CHOI! It was fantastic.. I wish they spoke more yoruba in the movie sha. But I like Iroko for the ghetto yoruba movies. I wont lie, the main reason I subscribed to Iroko was because I was trying to watch “Sunday Dagboru” on youtube and the ads were so annoying. lool.

5. Chichi

December 21, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Best story line ever…bitter truth about what goes on in different marriages.
    My bestfriend’s husband has been asking me out forever,
    Thank God for the wisdom to switch off on both.
    May God deliver us from Adam.

• Puzzles

December 21, 2015 at 4:18 pm

@chichi, that’s sad. Why are some men like this? The painful thing is if u tell ur friend, that would likely be the end of ur friendship as she’ll term u a home wreaker, especially if you are not married.

6. lea valley

MY take on the movie
    Storyline: 5/10
    Twist: 7/10
    Use of Language: 6/10
    Ideation: 5/10
    Cast: 8.5/10
    Production quality: 8.5/10 ( by Nigerian standard)
    Most outstanding Cast:Ireti Dolyle, (Kudos to Emmanuel Ikubese)
    Most subdued talent: Nse Ikpe Etim
    Will i watch it again: NOOOOO
    Would i have waited for the DVD: Yes
    Is they hype worth it: Well….different strokes for different folks, For me I ll say NO!

• mayor

February 3, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Storyline 2/10…just meaningless!!!!

9. Itofa

December 21, 2015 at 2:37 pm

This mo woman is just getting younger by the day, damn

10. Zayt

December 21, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Mo Abudu’s smile though…cant deal

• o

December 22, 2015 at 1:39 pm

it’s Frozen…..chai

11. DD

December 21, 2015 at 2:53 pm

I like the way they are going all out to promote the movie. Mo is really puling out all the stops.

12. julie

December 21, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Dakore you r still beautiful

13. iyun

December 21, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Abeg this movie was/is not all that, they hype is way over. Definitely not watching again.

14. iyun

December 21, 2015 at 4:29 pm

@Lizzy I like your review, left to me would have given everything 0/10

15. lea valley

December 21, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Death by Fifty..

16. Californiabawlar

December 21, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Until they write a story more complex, they can never get all round good reviews. How’s this storyline and cast setup any different from all those Ghanian movies about men and women cheating (their own always has some random chick narrating).
    Anywhoozies na dem sabi….all that money and talent and this is it?
    Aunty Mo, please next time give Kunle Afolayan the money….he’ll help you use it very well…bros is kukuma always complaining about cash flow….#noshade

17. babygiwa

December 21, 2015 at 8:26 pm

I saw fifty today with my friends, the story line is just there. With such talented actors, a more intriguing storyline would have been IT. Great directing, acting, use of language but storyline is a 3/10 for me.

18. chichi

December 21, 2015 at 9:42 pm

I loved the movie! The cast did really well and people in my hall were laughing all through. Had some unexpected moments though….If you know what I mean. I would give the movie 8/10! If you haven’t seen it already, you should definitely give it a shot. Kudos to the producer and cast.

19. halyma

December 21, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Half of a yellow sun will remain the only Nigerian movie I saw and did not regret. Besides, cinemas are for action movies if you ask me

• Blue

December 22, 2015 at 12:20 am

You should see Beasts of no nation. It is on Netflix, and it is such a good and eye opening story to what goes on with child soldiers

20. Mirabel

December 21, 2015 at 9:55 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed FIFTY! Great performances by all the ladies! Production was on point too! Kudos Mo Abudu

21. chinedu arinze

December 21, 2015 at 10:00 pm

Some thing tells me that Emem isong have done something similar, who else have seen “Lagos cougars”? Same concept,women going after younger men, abeg the hype is too much, anyways madam MO get money and connections, I still prefer “Road to Yesterday, full of suspense,

• chichi

December 21, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Have you seen the movie? Only one of the four ladies was into dating younger men. The other ones had their own issues. I’ve not seen Lagos cougars though but doesn’t sound like the story of Fifty.

22. Dani

December 21, 2015 at 11:25 pm

Brilliant!!! Top notch production. World class acting. I love love loved it! My friends and I can’t stop talking about it. We watched it today after we saw Omoni Oboli at the cinema. I must say she’s more beautiful in person and friendly too. Well done Mrs Abudu. Doing us proud.

• Kk

December 22, 2015 at 8:25 am

Freindly,, come on u met her promoting her film in d cinemas, don’t expect otherwise,

• Dani

December 22, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Everyone I know that have met her anywhere say she’s very friendly. I believe in giving credit where it is due. Enjoy your day

23. Tes

December 22, 2015 at 12:44 am

Please can they refund my money back! The plot 0/10.. #nobeef,Who does this kind of movie in this present age all i see is that a lot of money was spent. The only thing interesting in the movie is the cast

• mayor

February 3, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Absolutely Right!!!!!

24. Katie Rose

December 22, 2015 at 11:02 am

I attended the premiere which was arguably the most classy Nigerian event of 2015 and My friends and I are going to the cinema to see it again on Thursday. I love how they portayed women in their 50s in the movie. Not all the time 20year olds with daddy’s money or sugar papa. Show us real issues! Kudos to the crew and their cast

25. papermoon

December 22, 2015 at 12:00 pm

this brown wig 3, hmmmmm

26. Babycakes

December 28, 2015 at 11:19 pm

Oh my! I used to think timini was cool but after i saw this movie…bruuhhhh! Timini, i love uuuuu. Nna’m do fast and find me baby

27. banke

January 4, 2016 at 11:48 am

Havent seen Fifty yet but Omoni is very silly and childish to ask people to go and watch the movie “‘so Mo can make her money back”. The movie was Mo”s Abudu. idea and no one sent her message ( mind you am not upset with Mo in any way ) ..so that was silly.