News

Genevieve Nnaji’s cover feature for ThisDay Style is a DREAM | Photos by Ty Bello

BellaNaija.com

Genevieve Nnaji ThisDay Style 2015 BellaNaija 1Genevieve Nnaji is still making the promotional rounds for her movie “Road to Yesterday“. Today, she is on the cover of ThisDay Style.

The cover feature photographed by Ty Bello is super dreamy. The shot of Genevieve in the finale dress from Moofa‘s Heineken Lagos Fashion & Design Week collection is epic.

Here is what photographer Ty Bello had to say;

GENEVIEVE NNAJI:BEAUTY AND POWER

I started off my photography journey as a documentary photographer .. The images . Though they leaned towards portraiture were always very ‘strong’ and ‘gritty’. Stronger images always seemed to have more depth.. And the images were successful too., I got to have them hung in prestigious galleries and biennales around the world..from the Palais des Beaux-arts to the National centre for photography in New York.

My work was finding its place in the art world . There was always something missing though..and I knew it .I was secretly in love with beauty of a different kind.. It was missing in the work I put out on a pedestal. It became clearer when I had a long conversation with Cameroonian photographer Angele Essamba. In the past, I would shy away from showing any one I respected in contemporary photography my portaits of beauty ., they were not ‘strong’ … I was right .. They were not . It wasn’t the beauty in the images that weakened them .. I just needed to grow. To understand beauty and to find my own approach. I’ve been on this journey for ten years. Always questioning the work .. And holding back .. Then pushing again. But every once in a while I photograph someone who helps me have those real conversations with beauty .. Conversations that go somewhere.

Genevieve Nnaji is one of those subjects ., maybe she has her own versions of those conversations within her self. Or maybe it’s because she’s a strong beautiful woman with a clear sense of who she is. When I photograph her, I see someone not caught up in but truly understands the power of beauty . That its sometimes enough . It can have a voice in the image that doesn’t have to be vain and empty. God makes Beautiful ..And it will always have our attention. How much sky do we really need? …for instance .And must the sun set so uniquely today.. There’s power in making a beautiful portrait .. It’s power that I’m still leaning to understand .Letting every attribute and feature tell its own story …as written by the Maker.

#tybellophotography #genevievennaji #beauty #power #portrait #styled by @veronicaodeka . Makeup by @bimpeonakoya

Genevieve Nnaji ThisDay Style 2015 BellaNaija 2

Genevieve Nnaji ThisDay Style 2015 BellaNaija 3

Genevieve Nnaji ThisDay Style 2015 BellaNaija 4

Genevieve Nnaji ThisDay Style 2015 BellaNaija 5

1. Ms jazz

December 20, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Real dreamy! Beautiful Genny

• Hair

December 20, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Ty transferred her cut hair to Gen

2. aikay

December 20, 2015 at 12:10 pm

When the QUEEN decides to do a magazine cover, it should be MIND-BLOWING….. My jaw dropped with admiration looking at Queen Gee slay this cover. This Day Style Magazine sure knows how to wrap up the year with the best. #saving the best for last#. Bow down bitchessss cos there can only be one QUEEN and there she is, Her Royal Gorgeousness Queen Gee…

• For real

December 21, 2015 at 10:17 am

@ Aikay

It ain’t that serious though. Y’all be quoting Bey like she Jesus, she’s nothing to bow down to. You sweating Genevieve, she could care less about your existence. Real queens that exist don’t even bark, it speaks for itself. So, all that shouting of queen this or that is full of emptiness.

Nonetheless, Genevieve Nnaji looks beautiful. I love the photos. She has timeless beauty. Big credit to Ty Bello, awesome photographer.

• Heya

December 21, 2015 at 1:21 pm

But Genevieve is not barking is she? Quit trying to dull her shine we all know what you’re indirectly trying to do. Bitter much? Appreciate Genny and keep it moving love.

3. Blossombeautyfinesse

December 20, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Chocolate ??

4. xplorenollywood.com

December 20, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Wow! Is this for her movie promotion of for her? The images look effortless, she is beautiful and TY is great at what she does. I particularly like the first pix, flawless!!! Feels like what was done for Dolapo’s pre-wedding shoot too. Kudos

5. xplorenollywood.com

December 20, 2015 at 12:20 pm

*or

6. Penny

December 20, 2015 at 12:39 pm

I hope I can afford TY Bello to do a wedding or family portrait for me one day.

7. Sobet

December 20, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Emm it’s ty bello now? Lol…she makes dreamy pics. Even oge Okoye will look same if shot by ty .

• Mia

December 21, 2015 at 5:56 am

This is a very mean statement. Why do people do things like this? You say cruel things about a fellow human being that has done you no harm as if you have the ability to create. Oge Okoye is a beautiful woman in her own right. Maybe you should focus on yourself and your own ‘level’ of beauty compared to the lovely Genevieve.

8. besong

December 20, 2015 at 12:59 pm

she is effortlessly beautiful, there is no doubt about dat!!! she seems to be everybody’s best actress here in cameroon where i live , at least (5 of every 10) ppl i discuss with and ask if they watch nigerian movies but i strongly believe dat its not because of the greatest act cuz she doesnt possess dat neither does any actress in the world but what separates her from others is simply bcs she seems to have the complete package.i say this because when i watch nollywood movies with family and freinds we come across other even super talented actresses in portrayals but the moment i ask the question after watching those movies ( who is your best nigerian actress) GENEVIEVE NNAJI comes out as their answer and this made me believe dat some ppl are just born with innate likable qualities such dat in what they do,they seem to be loved most regardless of them having the greatest talent.what do u guys think?

• MAN

December 20, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Besong!!! U r very right. Pls kindly help tell ur Cameroonian friends and other African friends u have to vote Genevieve Nnaji as Best Actress and RoadToYesterday as Best West African Movie. You can even assist them as only their phone numbers is needed to vote. Each number has 100 votes. Thank You. amvca2016-awards.dstv.com/home

• Pr stunt buster

December 20, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Lol pr working long hours! Yimu . We know the deal. Smh cameroon ko, Somalia ni.

• Seriously

December 21, 2015 at 10:25 am

@besong

I agree, with the innate likable characteristics that some people have. They are not the best at what they do, they don’t even do much to deserve all the kissing ass but people just gravitates towards them. They can kill somebody, and folks still don’t care. People believe they are the nicest and can do no wrong. Genevieve, Beyoncé, etc seem to have it.

9. jennietobbie

December 20, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Genevieve Nnaji!!! Main chic from day 1

10. Someonecute

December 20, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Genevieve is a beautiful woman, very stunning.

11. @omotola05

December 20, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Wowwwwww

12. Photography fan

December 20, 2015 at 3:20 pm

TY copied Richard Avedon with that picture with 3 images. It’s obvious that she studies her craft and those who excelled at it. If you must copy, copy from the greatest.

13. Lilian

December 20, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Genny is beautiful.

14. December Wind

December 20, 2015 at 3:43 pm

I can barely see Genenevieve in this pictures , all I can see is the creativity , pieces of clothings , work , effort and concept put in these pictures … I’d give it up to the team

15. bella's gal

December 20, 2015 at 5:08 pm

I cant stop loving this lady…..gene the slayer.

16. Bowl

December 20, 2015 at 5:46 pm

i’m wowed !

17. Mak

December 20, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Ooh Genny…! One word.. Gorgeous..!!!

18. jojo

December 20, 2015 at 7:35 pm

NIce work. Beautiful woman.. Ty you should be a writer. I actually read through your treatise and these days, bills have made me evolve a short attention span. Good production
    Much susscess

19. eyong

December 21, 2015 at 12:46 am

that gown was definitely inspired by Korean traditional wear, hambok. If you watch Kdramas you know which I’m talking about. Hahaha

20. Ms.. M

December 21, 2015 at 12:57 am

The Amazing Genevieve Nnaji …effortless beautiful. Love and admiration from the US

21. Ms.. M

December 21, 2015 at 12:59 am

edit…effortlessly beautiful

22. DiasporainNig

December 21, 2015 at 3:32 am

…remember when we saved gorgeous photos of celebrities as screensavers? My phone is abt to be transformed..

23. Amh

December 21, 2015 at 4:16 am

Same wooden plastic expression shes has for eons. Highly overated.

• iyke

December 21, 2015 at 7:55 am

Amh can we see your unwooden plastic expression.(always hating). Chineke mee re gi ebere and give u a reason to be happy with yourself. Amen.

• Amh

December 21, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Iyke the worm. Get lost.

24. Luvnaija

December 21, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Ty is set apart in this game of photography,talented and hard working! Genny did good in these pics luv luv luv them…

25. choice

December 22, 2015 at 8:01 am

Ty ‘everything’ about your work here is Great!! Luv it…