Features

Isio Knows Better: The One Who Left her Spirit Behind

Isio De-laVega

IsioIt’s not as if I don’t like people to come visit me at my home… on the contrary, I love it very much… but the thing is, I have begun to get suspicious of people who just “show up” unannounced.  Some of una in this Lagos get kpians. Beta kpians. And some would just be looking for who to distribute it to, early mo-mo.

Seriously. That was how somebody that I used to know, just called me out of the blue one beautiful evening, saying that she was in the neighbourhood and that she wanted to see me. I don’t know why, but I offered to go meet her where she was, and I did. But after we met, she said she wanted to use my bathroom, and I didn’t object – I really couldn’t. I mean who says ‘no’ to someone who has to pee?

And so we went to my place, she used the bathroom, I offered refreshments and we gisted for a bit, and then she left.

Most nights, I go to bed early, and that night was one of those. But then, just before 7am, I started hearing this… sound from the room directly opposite my bedroom. It sounded like this,

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

And then silence for about three seconds.

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

More silence. Another three seconds.

This strange sound kept repeating itself. It was so intermittently continuous that somehow it pulled me out of what was otherwise, a calm, dreamless sleep. I woke up to our dog’s concerned face. He had sat close to me, at the foot of the bed, obviously disturbed by the sound, and as curious as I was to what it was.

Could it be a cricket, I wondered? I got out of bed, slipped into my slip-ons and tried to trace the origin of the sound. I checked the corners of my room, the bathroom, under my bed… and then I realised, No… it wasn’t from my room, it was from the opposite room.

All this while, the sound continued. It became louder, sounded angrier. The spacing within each sound shorter and shorter. It sounded like you would sound if you were hella pissed off, but couldn’t speak, and all you could do was try to grunt wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! It was very, very strange indeed. I was the only person home at the time, the door to this particular room was closed and swung from outside in.

Asides from that, we were upstairs, and the windows were protected by permanent iron bars and mosquito-nets that were always slid shut. Which meant that it was difficult for any human or animal to get through. So, what was this thing? And how did it get in? Did I mention we lived upstairs? Exactly. Odiegwu. At this point, I was sure it was not a cricket. Unless the cricket was the goliath of the cricket species, no insect should sound like that.

And so I did what any sensible Waffi girl would do. I stood in front of the door and just stared at it. Me I no enter o… Enter fayah. It was terrifyingly fascinating, that sound. Mesmerized and immobilized was I, my head cocked to the side, staring at this door I refused to open.

And then the sound got worse. Way worse. If it was angry before, the thing had now entered a rage.

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

No more spacing its protests; it was livid now! And it was loud. Fear no gree me open the door.

And then, our housekeeper came – and I could hear her opening the main apartment door – but still I couldn’t take my eyes of this door… the sound sounded like it was pounding against the door from within.  But I kid you not, walahi, the moment the cleaner opened the main apartment door to come in…

GBOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! It was like a burst of wind threw open the affected room door, pulling it open so it banged against the wall from within, and WHOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I could almost swear I felt its presence whoosh past me at the very moment I screamed in horror, fled and slammed my room door shut, locking myself in my own room!

Actually, I did not just flee, I flew from the room entrance to my bed (while simultaneously screaming, “JESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSS”) in a super-human, swift leap that would have made a Chinese action movie director very happy indeed.

The housekeeper had run into my room when she heard me scream. She was saying something but I was zoned out. All I kept saying to myself was,

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Jesu olugba’la… See what posh-posh come-and-drink-tea has caused. Omo yi ti fi spirit re le s’ile mi o, e gba mi… [Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Jesus … This girl has left her spirit behind in my house, see me see trouble o].

My people, na so o… walahi, true-to-God. This is not a fabu AKA fiction.

The cleaner had to shake me out of my shock, asking “Aunty, ki lo shele? Ki lo de ti e se p’ariwo b’eyen? Shey ko si?” [Nigerian English Interpretation: Aunty, what happened? Why did you scream like that? Hope there’s nothing?]

Ahhhhhh… There’s something o…

Later, I shared the gist with my mom and sisters, and trust, they first scatter laugh before they offered any consolation and advice. In fact, my sister had me dramatize exactly the way I flew-fled unto my bed. They laughed some more, and then they got serious.

That was how I learnt, that in every interaction, there is an exchange. In every human interaction with a person, place or thing, you leave something of yourself behind, and you pick something up from that person, place or thing. It could be minuscule and invincible to the naked eye, or it could be visible. It could be forensic, sexual, mental, emotional, physical, or psychological. This exchange happens everywhere, all the time.

Imagine you go to the beach and sit on the sand. When you get up, you leave your palm-print behind in the sand, and you get some sand in your shorts – exchange.

You speak… Words leave your lips and you hear/absorb words from others – exchange.

You go to a place, you breathe in its oxygen, and you replace it with your CO2 – exchange.

The combination of everything you’ve given, and everything you’ve absorbed, is what makes you who you are at any particular time. Understanding interactions and exchange, you begin to fully grasp why it’s important for you to choose what you see, who you see, where you go, and who you allow come into you (pun intended? maybe…)

So, this was how I learnt that people are moving around this Lagos, just forgetting their spirit like it’s a handkerchief, choi… I let someone into my space who left her spirit behind. Luckily for me, it didn’t like my home, and it fled. What’s your story?

Ps* Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

Much love!

xx

1. Ll

December 1, 2015 at 9:56 am

Lmao this your story scared me o. My heart was pounding. ??plus it’s very late where I am and it’s dark. I read it twice just to be sure what she left! you are bold ooooo!!! I too pray I will try to investigate.I will just be praying and praying on my bed. God forbid bad thing!! Oya people share your stories!!!

Beautiful writing btw! ?

2. Nefertiti

December 1, 2015 at 9:57 am

Thank God the spirit found your apartment inhospitable…next time someone you not sure of wanna come to your house for whatever reason, tell them it’s under renovation abeg, no time for spirit things

3. Alem

December 1, 2015 at 9:57 am

Bwahahahaha!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I had to laugh first Even the laugh I am laughing in my office has got my colleagues looking at me like kilode this madam? First of all yay welcome back again Isio! Had been refreshing my screen for the past hour looking forward to IKB. Then to the topic, now you’ve really got me scared. Infact going forward I meet all brethren at a public place no coming to my abode again abeg or even me going to your abode (their spirit may decide to ‘escort’ me home), I want no unfamiliar spirit sharing space with moi. I have my own spirit I’m dealing with ejo I need no additional one.

4. fume

December 1, 2015 at 10:00 am

I know the spiritual aspect of this “who you let come into you” but I never really considered the physical exchange of people visiting, air 9f the environment we breath etcetera. …..Thank you Isio for this, it’s very deep.

5. MIA

December 1, 2015 at 10:01 am

Are you for real!!! This is really scary!

6. Winnie

December 1, 2015 at 10:17 am

Isio, this your story gave me goose bumps o. The thing was like film in my mind as I read it. When I don’t give people allow, not to talk of allowance especially when I feel the person is making all effort to be in my personal space in a suspicious manner *major side eye*, my friends will say I’m too self conscious. ‘Don’t blame me o. Thank God for the spirit of discernment and speaking when you ought to speak especially when it comes to strangers. #sigh

7. kristen

December 1, 2015 at 10:36 am

Thank you isio. That was how I met this new student in my fellowship in school, she looked so innocent and acts as if she cannot hurt a fly . Never knew the woman she said was her mother and brothers are her 419 gang members. Showed this girl love and even took her like a family because the mother said they were having challenges and her husband family were after them. I brought her close and the duped me and my husband, we had to investigate and found out everything she told us are all lies. Right now outsiders are not welcome in my house. If you are not a family member, I don’t need you.

8. OLUCH

December 1, 2015 at 10:37 am

Isio are you for real?

9. zeal

December 1, 2015 at 10:42 am

LWSMBD. Ms Delagbogbo, I haff laughed and forgotten my brain on my laptop. hahahahahahahahahaahaha, you still stand for door dey form posh/warri babe, wey you for hala JESUS waka commot, the thing wey happen to you nor be Hollywood movie o so be careful biko because sometimes, the spirit fit enter you instead of make e waka comot. Doh!

10. JEDDYLUV

December 1, 2015 at 10:53 am

Awon MONITORING SPIRIT GBOGBO.But SERIOUSLY!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

11. Icey

December 1, 2015 at 11:00 am

Isio o, this your tori carry weight o, so in summary Ayamatanga paid u a visit and left her’s behind, hehehehe, true story.

On a serious note, this article just opened my eyes to another level of consciousness, while one can’t be paranoid about “visits”, we should not take things for granted too. Thanks Isio. ***kilzes from the oda syd***

12. Somtoo

December 1, 2015 at 11:02 am

I”m confused. Is Isio actually saying a woman left her spirit in her house? I need to be sure. So the spirit was angry and couldnt stay in the house? If this is what this story is about then WOW. Im shocked. Never heard of this before. How is she walking around with no spirit in her? Please, if you have ever being in similar situation, biko share. Dont share the scary part please. lol. Mehn, deep stuff.

• Somtoo

December 1, 2015 at 12:08 pm

”been”” Sorry
      English is not my first language biko nu

• Rosalyn

December 1, 2015 at 12:52 pm

The expression is her spirit, but it’s actually the radiation from her spirit. Think of it this way. When we walk around, we gather and leave dust on and off our shoes or clothes. During the day, we pick up minuscule bits of dirt and sweat and need a bath at night to ‘wash it off’. This is the same thing the human spirit does. Through our experiencing, we gather and drop radiation as we move about. Some people’s radiations are bad or evil (based on on their activity) and some are good. You will hear people tell stories of how one family member came to live with them and since then, business has dried up and vice versa. Their spiritual radiations are either good or bad and manifest in their environment.

I personally do not allow anyone but close family members into my house. When workmen have to come in, I air the house after they leave so no one leaves their rubbish in my house.

ISIO…this your story loooolllll…….I was gripped by it oh walahi lol. Thank goodness the rubbish left your house without causing you harm.

• Somtoo

December 1, 2015 at 2:25 pm

hmmmm. Thank you. The whole thing sounds bizarre. God help us

13. larz

December 1, 2015 at 11:10 am

Is this an Halloween special?

Why are you so sure it was her spirit? What if it was the spirit of the person that came before her but the spirit your friend left behind was so strong it chased the first spirit away? Just saying….

14. BuchyO 1812report.blogspot.com

December 1, 2015 at 11:15 am

And so in my final year in school, I gave accommodation to a certain chick…before I knew it, chick started acting all strange. Whenever I was praying, I would hear her laughing and hitting her foot on the ground. Whenever I applied my make-up, she would start making some very strange sounds. I was only trying to help because she had just recently transferred to round up her programme in my Uni…Omoh, thankfully, I had finished my exams…mehn, the way I packed my load and ran back to Lag ehn, no be my clear eye! I never heard from her again! Needless to say, I learned a valuable lesson: be careful about who you let into your house! Please, before your “church mind” starts telling you that you shouldn’t turn people away so you don’t miss your “angels”; remember that demons also walk around freely! Protect yourself!

15. rhonyi

December 1, 2015 at 11:29 am

Isio is this real? did she really forget her spirit? no jokes. such things happen?

16. Busola Adedire

Oluwabusola Adedire

December 1, 2015 at 11:34 am

The importance of prayer in everyday life cannot be overemphasized! #dazed

17. Tweeny

December 1, 2015 at 11:57 am

LOOOOOL!!!!

‘Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Jesu olugba’la… See what posh-posh come-and-drink-tea has caused. Omo yi ti fi spirit re le s’ile mi o, e gba mi… <——- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA'

18. Missdodo

December 1, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Mehn! This is eye opening … one can never be too careful o. Hian!

19. Sisi

December 1, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Wow, spirit toh bahd. That’s some scary shit though. This is an eye opener indeed.

20. Exotique

December 1, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Back then in school my mum always insisted I should be careful who came to my room off campus. And she didn’t mean just guys….There was this girl she did not like particularly. We had known the her family for a while but my mum just said she didn’t like her ‘spirit’.
    We thought she she being over-protective but I understood as I grew older.
    As for ‘who you let come into you’…….mehn…. that shit is deep……

21. Becca

December 1, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Need the ‘Not sure if serious’ meme for this.
    But helluva funny read.

22. Bookist

December 1, 2015 at 12:48 pm

I agree with you Isio. No experience leaves us the same, there’s always an exchange. Sometimes it’s a good thing, and sometimes it’s a bad thing. That’s why I am particularly careful about what I read and what I watch. I restrict myself in some matters, so that in the bid to be wiser, I do not take on a strange and dubious knowledge. All in all, it’s better to be discerning in this world.

“The combination of everything you’ve given, and everything you’ve absorbed, is what makes you who you are at any particular time. Understanding interactions and exchange, you begin to fully grasp why it’s important for you to choose what you see, who you see, where you go, and who you allow come into you (pun intended? maybe…)

The bottom line is that you leave a fingerprint of your existence on anything you come in contact with, and that thing also leaves its imprint on you. For those who are spiritual/religious, it translates to a whole new dimension.”

This is the crux of Isio’s write up today.

• Alem

December 1, 2015 at 1:30 pm

@Bookist very true. Its important to be discerning and also mind what you read and watch. I learnt this the hard way. There was this Stephen King novel I read once, it actually gave me nightmares, even looking at the book gave me an evil aura. I actually had to burn the book before I felt better. Second example, I liked watching the crime channels on tv, everyone from my folks to my hubby had advised I tone it down but nah I did not listen I mean I felt it was just educating myself on crime and watching from a distance. Until I started imagining movements and was terrified whenever almighty PHCN struck suddenly at night that someone was sneaking in did my ways reset and I began filling my brain and mind with more uplifting images. Same with people. I have met some people that you just get a bad vibe from like your ‘spirits’ do not jell. Don’t know if it has happened to anyone but it has happened to me a few times.

• fiery

December 1, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Alem, I’d like to know which of the Stephen King novels you had to burn…

• person

December 1, 2015 at 5:59 pm

OMD I can so relate. I purchased a SK novel and kept it beside my pillow. I had the goriest dream ever. Blood oozing and all. I hadnt even read the book. SK… where do you get your inspiration from o??? OMD!

• Alem

December 1, 2015 at 6:00 pm

@ Fiery, desperation is the name of the book. @me lol! Buying nightmares with your own money!

• gurl_wendy

December 2, 2015 at 12:34 am

True word, I’m an avid reader but there are some books I will never touch to read and a Stephen King is one of them, after reading Needful Things I just felt defiled and weird, the book just looked like it had an evil gleam it felt dirty like unclean, since then when I see a S.K book I just turn the other way, they just don’t seem right.

• fiery

December 2, 2015 at 12:19 pm

lol… I asked cos well I love reading horror, sci-fi and/or conspiracy based novels, and i have read a number of Stephen King’s books. I’d like to read the book, I’ll def look out for it.

• fiery

December 2, 2015 at 12:19 pm

@gurl_wendy currently on “needful things”, but I paused it to finish Robert Ludlum’s scorpio illusion.

• SoSo

December 4, 2015 at 7:14 am

Someone left the soft copy of desperation on my laptop and i read it. Had nightmares for days

• me

December 1, 2015 at 4:34 pm

I also had that same experience with Stephen King’s novel..Since then, I allowed him carry his darkness alone biko, I cannot come and be buying nightmares with my own money. Lol!
      Isio delagbogbo hahahahhahahahahahahaha, I laugh tire, this your story get as e be. But wait o, are you sure the babe didn’t mistakenly leave the toilet window open and the gush of air through it forced the door open? Isio which kain tory be this na? Loooool!
      But shaa this is the second time I am hearing this kind of story. One bobo I dated one time, said my spirit was too strong for him, that each time he cheated on me, something bad like having issues at work, iphone 5 getting missing happened to him. Lol!N.B I never knew the pretender boy was cheating sef, He was preacher no sex before marriage. Uwa oma!looool!

23. Puzzles

December 1, 2015 at 12:56 pm

I no understand o. I was thinking the story would go like this; she deliberately left her phone behind and then accused you of stealing it. Then I kon dey see Yoruba movie things. Spirit ke? You sure?

I laff well well, my belle don dey turn me. My colleagues be looking at me like I’m crazy.

Missed u, Isio. Correct warri babe, I hail. o!

On a serious note, we all should be careful. As Jesus prophesied, “The love of the greater number will cool off”. People are rewarding good with bad this days.

24. Tincan

December 1, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Errrrm, not sure what to make of this. Is this like an e-social experiment?

25. chee

December 1, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Before now,I would have said this is a lie but after a recent trip,I know better!
    I went on a course and was so pleased cos met many people,one day @ breakfast I sat on the same table with a lady and a guy and we all chatted and I left( both didn’t come as a couple).
    Fast forward days later I met her in the same hotel @ dinner and wanted to sit seperately but she invited me to her table and I obliged,d guy who was with her the first time I met her walked in and kept a very straight face,barely said hello to us and didn’t join in our chit chat about my visit to gurara falls( he mentioned d place during our conversation earlier),the lady tried talking to him but he was very stern,for my amebo mind I say warisit?.(after my experience I figured out d maybe’s). We gisted,exchanged numbers and she sent some funny videos via whatsapp.
    That night I couldn’t sleep,when I fell asleep it would seem like I was in a trance and there was lightening which was almost blinding me,I woke up close to 4 times sweating and praying and my friend in the same room with me noticed and was asking me what went wrong last night cos I barely slept. Kia kia,i deleted the videos and after this rant, i’ll block her as a contact on whatsapp.
    Pardon the epistle Bners but be careful with your everyday interactions!

• Manny

December 1, 2015 at 6:20 pm

So wait, the funny videos she sent made you go into a trance?

• Sassymsethni

December 2, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Lmao!!! Pls that’s exactly what I was about to ask. Lady, are u sure u aren’t just overreacting??

26. Becca

December 1, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Where were all our naija spirituals when the Randi Institute was awarding $1m to demonstrate the paranormal/supernatural/divine prophets/healers/psychics etc??? With all the tales I hear, Nigeria we should have claimed that reward multiple times.

Are these local spirits? Do their powers fade once the plane takes off from superstitious Africa to enlightened lands?

The so called pressing /inability to move when one is semi-awake is now understood to be sleep paralysis. They say eating/flying when dreaming are bad witchy things, so that interpretation apply for e.g. a spanish person dreaming she’s supergirl and snacking on a burrito?
    Help me understand.

• Mabel

December 2, 2015 at 2:02 am

@Becca…I can’t help you understand, this is one of those things that you have to experience for yourself. I have had some supernatural experiences that if I was to tell another person they would think I am bat shyt crazy. The only thing I could say to you is that the vast majority of what is going on in the world and the universe is completely invisible, much of what happens in science cannot be seen with the naked eye, we cannot see how the brain forms thoughts or emotions, there are still many chemical elements that we know absolutely nothing about.

Our ancient ppl knew many things, but many of us have drifted away from our ancestral knowledge to embrace science, though there is nothing wrong with science, but it does not have all the answers. We look at say the Dogon tribe in Mali who had ancient knowledge of astronomy before even the scientists with their telescopes knew these things. We see times ago in all parts of the world where ‘witchcraft’ was practiced everywhere and ppl used arcane knowledge to bring unseen things into physical being, one school of thought believes that King Solomon’s temple was not built by human hands and that he communed with demons, who really knows.

There are legitimate ppl who exist today who could have proven the reality of psychic and supernatural abilities, and claimed that grand prize money, but who in their right mind would make themself public and exposed to the government and others with nefarious intent. Words have it that the man who claimed to have found the cure for cancer was shot dead on the day he was to make the public address and his work went missing immediately. I don’t blame anyone for keeping mum on their abilities and laying low. Now I am off to go turn water into wine.

27. molarah

December 1, 2015 at 2:04 pm

“Blank stare”

Too much Africa Magic Yoruba lo’on she yin.

28. kilipot

December 1, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Naah. This one no be here, the story is too “konk” for me. I ll be observing.

29. Profound

December 1, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Not quite sure what to say actually. This was a rather bizarre story.
    I’m not trying to be the defender of the Universe, but how can we be 100% certain that the alleged culprit had anything to do with the strange sound Isio heard? I’m not very superstitious, so maybe that’s why I can’t relate. I think it’s best for me to stay out of this one, but I just wanted to remind my fellow BellaNaija crew not to be so quick to pass judgement without proof. Everyone should be considered innocent until proven guilty.

Have a blessed new month ahead people. Stay safe and happy 🙂

30. Angel Deco

December 1, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Hehehehehe. Isio delagbogbo. Been waiting for this lataro. It may have been scary while it happened to you, but it is definitely hilarious reading this…….

Pele ooooo. Ani ri iru e mo. Amin

31. Gorgeous

December 1, 2015 at 3:46 pm

I hardly invite people into my home. And I have a strong spirit that if someone is bad, I just can never talk to the person. As in I become mute and just immobile. All the people this has happened with turned out to be evil evil evil. Sadly I may overlook it while dating. As I have grown older I have learnt never to doubt my instincts about anyone at all. Don’t mind those people that say you are too paranoid or being too difficult. We all know in our hearts when someone is bad.

32. goolie

December 1, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Isio, I agree with you, sometimes you even feel slightly cold air brush against you, when clearly there is no air conditioning or you suddenly have goose pimples. The truth is your space is your space for a reason, be careful you let in

33. oluchi

December 1, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Isio u sef, leave a comment nau…. im still in disbelief mode

34. Manny

December 1, 2015 at 6:27 pm

The problem with over-spiritualizing everything is that we become a paranoid society devoid of compassion and caring. I pray MFM prayers so nobody should preach to me about not knowing about the dark side. But Gosh, a lot of Nigerians are paranoid. Can we control all our interactions? No. You have to let your light so shine that it will overwhelm any darkness that comes your way. That’s the only way to be free from constant suspicions.
    Isio …… there could be several explanations for what happened but imagine if you went to someone’s house and this thing happened there afterwards and they blame it on you but you know that you are innocent.
    I have a friend that doesn’t give gifts anymore so that people will not think it’s saara.

• The real dee

December 2, 2015 at 12:45 am

You are so right, many Nigerians can be so paranoid. I am a devoted member of MFM, and i’ve seen some people who just go to the extreme. I remember telling someone God did not call us to be paranoid or fearful, rather we must be discerning.

I am a very discerning person and truly, some people have an evil spirit. In fact if you have a clean spirit, usually people with an evil spirit wouldn’t befriend you, they’ll feel uncomfortable around you. I don’t even bother suspecting people cos i realise in doing so, you’ll miss the opportunity of meeting great people. If someone has an evil spirit, let the Holy Spirit give that revelation, being suspicious won’t cut it.

35. Single story

December 1, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Isio it’s your story and it is a single story. I will leave it at that.

36. Deep Soul

December 1, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Abeg abeg abeg. *Big yawn*

37. deb

December 1, 2015 at 8:09 pm

I don’t know where to start from but these things do happen. There is always a connection between the physical and the spiritual. I’m a very spiritual person, I dream a lot&GOD has revelaed so many secrets to me. I also hear to(im not spiricoco in looks) won’t go into details today, but a spirit cannot function except it finds a living thing to habitate. Then also, dogs identify strange spirits, (most times the wail when they see them)that was why the dog was also @alert.

38. Kay dollz

December 1, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Eleyi gidi gan!!!!!(this one is strong)

39. Mabel

December 1, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Was I the only one thinking the noise was a vibrating cellphone? all this time I thought the woman left her phone in the bathroom so she would have an excuse to come back to the house…lol

• gurl_wendy

December 2, 2015 at 12:40 am

I swear I thought the same thing too..

40. Africhic

December 1, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Hmmm……….it’s your story. Your experience, I can’t relate.

41. fiery

December 2, 2015 at 9:05 am

Alem, I’d like to know which of the Stephen King novels you had to burn…

42. marvellous

December 7, 2015 at 3:04 pm

If you use sliding glass windows, you would hear such “strange” sounds if the windows are not properly closed especially on windy nights. Try it. Just close it within an inch

43. mimie

December 8, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Hallucinations are real.

44. chi-e-z

December 15, 2015 at 12:59 am

omo menh I aint gon be able 2 sleep 2night. I h8 scary movies seriously… scary anything stories,trailers,songs… I’m so not bout that life anyonne that can stand the news of steven king stories una belle strong past mine. The news and crime t.v. are the scariest ones 2 me all the mean evil killings that actually happen.

45. Ijebu Boy

November 11, 2016 at 8:52 am

that sounds exactly like you need an air vent in your roof. the house forms a sort of tunnel and if the air has no outlet, you get those pressures. The maid opening the door changed the airflow dynamic and resulted in the affected door slamming shut.

Try to slam the door to a room without windows or with shut windows, it does not slam. For the same reason. #science

I can see how you would be afraid though. lol