Scoop

Chioma Akpotha clarifies Tweet about Uche Jombo, Omoni Oboli, Blessing Egbe, Ufuoma McDermott & Emem Isong

Nollywood actress Chioma Akpotha has clarified her tweet from yesterday that caused some confusion on Twitter.

Click here if you missed it.

According to her, she wasn’t throwing shade at fellow actresses Uche Jombo, Omoni Oboli, Blessing Egbe, Ufuoma McDermott and producer Emem Isong. She explained that she had simply meant sisters don’t have to be related by blood.

See her tweets below.

Chioma

Omoni Oboli and Ufuoma McDermott have acknowledged her explanation.

3 4

1. jasmine

January 29, 2016 at 1:07 pm

See them. After shading her. Mtchewww

2. ShayShay

January 29, 2016 at 1:09 pm

…so why the #stayinginmyownlane #mindingmyownbusiness tags? Joo, ko add up my friend.

• Corolla

January 29, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Ko add up rara.

• Shandi

January 29, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Perhaps a relative pissed her off and she shaded them using the pictures of her colleagues and added those hashtags are the ends. I don’t know?

• Whocares

January 29, 2016 at 1:32 pm

exactly!!!!!!!!! the statement itself if not the problem, its the afikun (the minding my business, my lane etc) if you wanted to celebrate them then do it and go. how can you celebrate someone whole heartedly yet be “minding your lane and your business”? FORGET. I agree with C.Bawler this Chioma babe is somehow and to think I was on her side just yesterday. lool. She now wants to change her tune and make us look like illiterates so that some people will not come and be saying I told you so on top our heads. NO WAY!

3. Ada

January 29, 2016 at 1:12 pm

But funny enough, I believed that was what she meant from the beginning o! Only that we are quick to scream “shade” “calls out” “throws jab” etc

• ATL's finest

January 29, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Thank U Ada & I don’t even see her as that kind of person. I mean U can tell from the way she portraits herself. She’s far from throwing jabs, shades, and read etc.. Well it’s Social media and anything can go down very fast & misinterpreted

• sugaplum

January 30, 2016 at 12:00 am

If you watched the Gulder Ultimate Search Season that was for Nollywood stars, and the way she (chioma) kept insulting muma gee, you would think differently about her…..trust me

• Idomagirl

January 30, 2016 at 3:23 am

Did you watch her on Ultimate Search?

• cos I say so

January 30, 2016 at 7:41 am

@sugaplum, Chioma could not wrap her head around a mature lady who should know better going after a married man on national television and I also think Emeka Ike’s wife is her friend
      Just imagine watching your husband flirting with another woman who is blatantly chasing him on national tv… omo, if na me , I will want a CHIOMA there and on my side o

4. Onyx

January 29, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Ok so when is the crap of a movie you guys are cooking that warranted this uncooked beef coming out? The most asinine publicity stunt i’ve ever seen. mscheeeeeew

5. Ivie

January 29, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Nawa for uche jumbo and Co….

6. Wale

January 29, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Chioma, we are way too intelligent than you think! How can a phase “sometimes….sisters aren’t really sisters” and “sisters do not have to be related by blood to be sisters” be misquoted! By adding ‘MindingMyBusiness and StayingInMylane’ proves more than your dump re-tweets! If you are brave to start, then end well. Don’t eat your words!

• FasholasLover

January 29, 2016 at 3:05 pm

The English language no easy. Edakun forgive and forget. Funny enough, l believe her. Like @whocares said na di afikun be the fluvlem.

7. KamkpeMommy

January 29, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Chi, make your tweets clearer next time pls!!!

8. Ayodele

January 29, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Is she just learning how to ” harsh tag” this doesn’t add up at all… She wrote#mindingmybuisness#stayinginmyownlane# moving on. Of course we know where you were going.

9. Bubu

January 29, 2016 at 2:36 pm

You people sef must u comment to all these silliness like its one serious mata. That’s why BN keeps posting. OK ,2016 has started in earnest can we all get busy already. The long awaited end of January is year. Let’s start making money biko. Enuf of all this!!

10. Taipan

January 29, 2016 at 3:06 pm

We have noticed you sisters, thanks for the publicity stunts!

11. Missy

January 29, 2016 at 3:17 pm

They wanted to do a “girlpower-female empowerment wan tin wan tin-publicity stunt” and all they could come up with is a daft twitter row that makes them look like silly high school girls. I just don’t get it.

12. keeks

January 29, 2016 at 3:20 pm

those ones were looking for fire to burn, and she threw in a harmless log, thes quickly poured kerosine and fuel not even knowing what the wood is for. a simple case of the kanyewiz saga that occurred just 24hrs ago. people are just seeking beef where it is clearly just fish!!!

13. j'suis belle

January 29, 2016 at 3:21 pm

simply put she did what she did on purpose just trying to do DAMAGE CONTROL now, probably because of peer pressure. Na wona sabi me sef a dey ma lane jeje a just dey waka pass like oga wande coal

14. Felinda

January 29, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Lord Please let February 2016 be “BEEF-LESS and PEACEFUL” on social media and everywhere. I am just recovering from January

15. Reekaddict till infinity

January 29, 2016 at 4:02 pm

K..

16. babygiwa

January 29, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Lmaooooo. @Atl’s finest, it’s a lie oh! She is exactly like that. I remember gulder ultimate search celebrity edition,this same Chioma shamed muma gee for not being married and had issues with at least two other people in camp. I remember her saying ‘dare and I are married, but we don’t know about you. Tell us, are you married?’ She asked in a very mocking manner.

17. nene

January 29, 2016 at 6:13 pm

as old as these woman are this is the stunt they pulled? even if she didn’t mean them, their responses to a supposed “friend” was too shady. u ppl should leave these games for ur children biko.

18. me

January 30, 2016 at 9:13 am

I worry at the way they attacked her. Even Uche who replied lightly should have just called her on the phone. To Cut the long story short…. Chioma, you now know your sisters…. these ladies ain’t one of them.