Relationships

Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates his Medical Doctor Sister Kandi’s Wedding in Enugu

BellaNaija.com

Chiwetel Zai and KandiA-List actor Chiwetel Ejiofor came to his hometown Enugu recently to celebrate his sister’s igba nkwu – Igbo traditional wedding/wine-carrying ceremony.

His sister Kandibe Ejiofor is a medical doctor and married her ‘Yoruba King’ Dele.

In this adorable video she shared on Instagram, Chiwetel was teasing that her husband is nowhere to be found! Since in Igbo tradition, she must present him with palm wine to drink, this would mean there’s no union, but it was only a joke. They clearly have a strong bond.

Her sister, CNN anchor Zain Asher can also be seen dancing happily in the video.

Watch!

And cheers to the happy newlyweds! They have been together for over four years.

Kandi Ejiofor and DeleKandi Ejiofor and Dele 2

Source: Instagram.com/kandilala

1. nene+

January 22, 2016 at 10:14 am

Oh Wao beautiful family!!!! I can see Zain Asher his sister who works for CNN in blue!

They are so beautiful, Chiwetel Africaness is still in you good!! So natural….

The bride is stunning! Congrats and happy marriage!!!

I am happy they still remember home even after the tragic death of their father. Weldone!!!

• RIFF RAFF

January 22, 2016 at 11:02 am

Yes o Chiwetalu! May God equally provide u with a beautiful Ada back from home. Yes, i know he has a gf, so what? Pesin no fit think aloud again?

• ATL's finest

January 22, 2016 at 7:46 pm

????????Riff Raff think out loud. U are aloud.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

January 23, 2016 at 2:06 am

Bia, nne/nwoke biko pray that prayer again as I redirect it in my direction….

Ehhnnn??? Chiwetel my beloved!! See how “take-away” you look in ya native cloth…. So, you mean your irresistibly fine self was in Naija when I was nowhere nearby to hunt you down and make our meeting a reality? Kai!!!!! *shaking head sorrowfully*

Lord, when people will be giving romantic tales of meeting on the plane, why my own dey different na?? Ehnnn, Chukwu, biko nu? Why will it not be the day I’m flying to Naija that this my man-candy (all day, everyday!) will suddenly appear in the seat beside me?? Ehhnnn??? I can’t deal with the disappointment of such a missed opportunity….I just kent! ??

(Lest I forget, congrats to the couple… make I no call una in-laws yet until The Lord decides whether this prayer should be answered …. Chiwetel my dream boo!! ?)

• Femi

January 24, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Why not Ola,Adeola,

• Chioma

January 22, 2016 at 6:48 pm

@nene

Wow, I’ve been living under the rock. I’m so embarrassed that my older Aunty referred bellanaija to me. I’m younger, I should be the one giving her updates. I love this website already.

The Ejiofor are indeed a beautiful family. Ok, Dele. You ain’t on the runway J/k He literally looks like a well sculpted statue. Beautiful couple, beautiful wedding. Big congrats to them.

I love seeing intertribal marriages because I’m in one. Wait, what’s the meaning behind, “Yoruba demon”, abeg enlighten me, I want to know…lol
      Anyway, I’m an owerri babe married to a Yoruba man. When you are in the states, it’s hard enough to meet Nigerians. So, you don’t even care(maybe some do) but you are just happy to be married to a GOOD, decent naija man. Apart from character qualities I was looking for, I like tall chocolate guys, nicely built and one that can give great “oral”(feeling that will make your legs fall then you pick it up, glue it back only to want more.) And my friends will jokingly tell me, only an Igbo man fits this your description bcos na short height, party tins yoruba carry come. The plan was, the next time I visit the village, I go see plenty Igbo men anyhow…lol Before, i got to travel I met my honey. Oko mi, my eminado. First time I met him, fear catch me. Wetin I go do with 6″5ft, dis wan na punishment for 5″3ft petite babe. I thought, my “tin” go suffer die, how it go fit enter sef. But, it turned out amazing all around.

• Jade

January 24, 2016 at 4:44 pm

@chioma

[email protected] it go fit enter sef. You are funny. Chai, that’s a big height difference. But then all these NBA players, most of their girls are super short. Just like chris bosh and wife. Forget all the silly stereotypes, we love one another. I love my naija men. Chiwetel Ejiofor is so handsome. His sister is very pretty too. Congrats to the couple.

• chioma

January 25, 2016 at 7:22 pm

@jade

It actually took some time to adjust to the height difference. Even with high inch heels on, no where close at all. He played high school and college basketball(that’s how we met, went to watch one of his game with a friend out of boredom). He wanted to go NBA but his parent discouraged him. I once heard his dad yelled at him. “kunle, if you want respect for yourself, be a doctor or engineer not a basket-ball player, throwing a ball in the basket is dat a profession”. Well, he listened to his dad with no regret. lol

2. Kcee

January 22, 2016 at 10:19 am

Yipppeeeeee…… am first to comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awwww……. the semblance is striking!!!!!!! Chiwetel, I love you!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a brilliant actor and I must confess, I love watching your movies… Gosh, can’t stop wondering about that movie… 2012. God bless your union Kandi……. #EnuguWomenAreBeautiful #myfellowyorubawife #EnuguYorubaUnionRocks #Kandele #KelechiSeun #Love…..

• THE AMAKA

January 22, 2016 at 1:44 pm

First?

Not quite.

• Amy

January 22, 2016 at 5:08 pm

The Amaka, are you back? Are you the same one from BN’s “toddler” days? If so, good to have you back. You were one of my favourite commenter with solid gist. If this is an impostor, well . . .

• Peaches77

January 22, 2016 at 8:47 pm

The Amaka, is this you?

• TA

January 23, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Is this the same ‘The Amaka’ from the early days of BN?

3. Ybbil

January 22, 2016 at 10:23 am

The man tho

4. JADE

January 22, 2016 at 10:30 am

I love the name Kandibe o, i’d also like to know the full name of Zain, pretty bride

• Ada Nnewi

January 22, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Kandibe is a very deep name…i wonder the kind of crazy things the person that named her was going through…I think parents should think beyond their current psychological state when they name their kids…

• nene+

January 23, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Cos she was born around her father ‘s tragic death. Kandibe then came about. I guess they are happy eventualy

5. frank teacher

January 22, 2016 at 10:32 am

the head-band bead placed wrongly is cute,
    I mean the way its placed is cute

6. Chichi

January 22, 2016 at 10:47 am

So it’s no longer Yoruba demon but Yoruba bae. They should keep the demon title jor,they earned it(just joking).
    Anyway,this is the for people that lashed at Chinwetalu for not feeling Nigerian/igbo. I mean,how can you sit down and draw inferences from a man’s interview?
    People like Chinwetalu, David Oyelowo and Boyega are ‘very’ African and should be given time and opportunity to identify with their heritage.
    #Kandirocks. #igbogirlsrock.

• Ada_ugo

January 22, 2016 at 11:22 am

some jokes are silly… just sayin’

• nnenne

January 22, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Yes, they do!
      So, so proud of my heritage.
      HML to the couple.

7. hmmmm

January 22, 2016 at 11:07 am

Na serious “Dele”…congratulations!!!

8. D

January 22, 2016 at 11:09 am

Aww lovely… umu ha zuru ofuma. Congrats to them.

9. HMMMM

January 22, 2016 at 11:12 am

THIS UNCLE IS ALL FORMS OF FINE

10. Chichi

January 22, 2016 at 11:41 am

You are the only one getting silly over a joke. Did you see Bellanaija emphasis on ‘Yoruba King’ as against Yoruba demon which people have been ignorantly circulating on social media since last year. I don’t see how that bothers you, stop being so uptight,scroll down and stop looking for people to attack!

11. Chichi

January 22, 2016 at 11:44 am

@Ada Ugo or whatever!

12. bellarian

January 22, 2016 at 11:45 am

Bellanaija you guys are becoming very razz! What kinda headline is this??? Please behave yourselves. If I want razz headlines, I’ll go to linda ikeji . Fix this! “His medical doctor sister” Lollll! How is that relevant?

• Olu

January 22, 2016 at 2:06 pm

But the headline got a reaction outta you ..right? that’s exactly how blog generate comments…and money
      …..and keep knocking LIB while at it ….you’re only making her more popular.

13. Somtoo

January 22, 2016 at 11:47 am

Did he say “Ïts a tragedy”? loolll. Congrats to the stunning bride. lol @ over before it started.

14. Dami

January 22, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Awwww beautiful successful family . May God bless them all

15. Sy

January 22, 2016 at 12:23 pm

The title though lol BN what a mouthful

16. Mz Titilitious

January 22, 2016 at 12:38 pm

the bride is soooooooo beautiful!

17. Ada

January 22, 2016 at 12:39 pm

Hahahahaha.. hilarious @ “its a tragedy”. Meanwhile let me translate the song in the background. They are saying, “Leave me alone, let me look for my own”. Chiwetel, leave her alone to look for her own, go find your own!

18. Cocolette

January 22, 2016 at 12:44 pm

The bride is so pretty…green/emerald really suits her skin tone.

19. cheryl

January 22, 2016 at 12:56 pm

yoruba king winning again lol, una go dey shout yoruba demon here and there yet weill be seeing, Tunji weds dis, Dayo weds that, Ade weds that, lol, berrer join us dat married yoruba and enjoy the yoruba guys, (jst 4 d laffs) congrats to d newly weds, may God bless ur home,

• no mind dem

January 22, 2016 at 1:45 pm

You dey mind them?
      They are demons yet they keep falling for them
      They are cheaters yet they loose their brain/sanity when they see one

• nnenne

January 22, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Hunny, who doesn’t want an Igbo bride?
      No even oyibo, Asian, and the list goes and on…
      That’s why Igbo men themselves rarely look elsewhere.
      Could you just imagine how Mrs Ejiofor, bride’s mom, raised these kids by herself after her husband’s death at such an early age?
      Now, that’s a true Igbo woman!

20. Mimi

January 22, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Please peep the sister at the back in peach and blue head gear falling in love with Chiewetel like the rest of us.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

January 23, 2016 at 2:19 am

Chai…. ?? I peep her oh, but what can I say? Na her luck… Because I’ve always considered myself very much in charge of emotional sumtins but The Good Lord knows that if there was such an opportune moment to be so near this man like this, I for kidnap am. True. ?

Can’t explain why ohhhh, but Chiwetel just be aware that I dey find you… (or at least until you finally do igba nkwu for another woman head).

• adelegirl

January 25, 2016 at 10:29 am

Rooting for Chiwetel and Mz SA 2016! Let’s do this! #yourdreamsarevalid #ChiweSA2016 #foreverinlove #wemove 😀

21. Chichi

January 22, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Awww,thanks for translating. I had to listen hard to get that. The musical instruments in the music just gives it the right Enugu flavour. For us Owerri babes,it ‘s Bongo music till daybreak,lol.

22. Chichi

January 22, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Haha! I’m glad you made that joke cos some people are catching feelings over a light hearted issue.
    The emphasis above is to correct the impression that Yorubas boys are not demons.

23. Bolu

January 22, 2016 at 1:43 pm

“Chiwetel Celebrates his medical doctor sisters…” who writes a header like this?

24. 'Deola

January 22, 2016 at 2:25 pm

Omo, Igbo girls are winning o !

25. cynthia

January 22, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Chiwetel is not A-List. Solid B-lister but not A-List.

• vickrazzi

January 22, 2016 at 6:16 pm

and u re????????????? i guess Z-list…….. drooling over chiwetel’s handsomeness….. those eyes

• adelegirl

January 25, 2016 at 10:32 am

WhetherA list, B list or Z list, He is sha on a list -the fine-as-heck list. That’s all that’s needed really.

26. Chichi

January 22, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Nobody said they are Demons. I am sure the person who started this demon joke is not even a woman to start with. Everything is not a Yoruba vs Igbo issue,in real life people fall for each other irrespective of ethnicity.
    Things are so difficult in Nigeria that people have lost their sense of humour and get overly sensitive/negative over every issue. Painting Yoruba guys as demons is currently trending on social media and the emphasis on Yoruba king is there to correct an erroneous impression that yoruba men are demon. This is only January,it’s too early to get too emotional over a harmless joke!

27. ChiChi

January 22, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Sorry for the typos. Bellanaija, abeg you guys need to put an editing feature on this site for editing and correcting comments.

28. Softie

January 22, 2016 at 4:20 pm

How is that razz? How does it affect you that she is a doctor? So something that she took years to achieve should not be mentioned? Oh please.

29. Becky

January 22, 2016 at 4:46 pm

A lot of Yoruba-Igbo marriages. That’s good. Their parents produced stunning children.

30. SugaMama

January 22, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Now that, is a tall glass of chocolate. My, my.

31. Adaeze Writes

January 22, 2016 at 7:18 pm

I love her name, Kandibe even though it holds a lot of meaning in the Igbo language, like ‘let me keep on bearing’ it could have a lot to do with the circumstances surrounding her birth.
    Congrats to her, the Ejiofor’s are really fine…

For exciting stories, visit adaezewrites.com

32. ATL's finest

January 22, 2016 at 7:48 pm

@ Bola GOD bless U!! Ermm only BN..

33. SLC

January 22, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Pretty lady. Wishing her and her hubby HML
    What does her name, Kandibe mean?

• ElessarisElendil

January 23, 2016 at 1:59 am

In my dialect at least -How’s the family?/better than the family?-

Might be shortened.

34. bola

January 23, 2016 at 2:09 am

this is lovely. so nice to see this video. Chiwetel is the best. very very lovely. beautiful bride, handsome groom, power couple, congrats to the couple. very exciting. love all Chiwetel’s movies, talented actor. nice to see our movie superstars come back home. more like this please.

35. Obi

January 23, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Kandibe mwans let me bear it. She was born after her dad died so must be the reason her mum named her that

36. kome

January 31, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Love is beautiful

37. Lin

April 10, 2016 at 9:10 pm

feels good to check in on bella again…. Chiwetel my celeb crush.. i have fainted and come back …. if dreams come true you would be mine… dreaming… lovely couple… God answers prayers.. waiting my turn 🙂

38. Nelly

January 24, 2017 at 1:13 pm

I cried as I watched this, love the bond between them. I do not have a brother, I wish I had one.

39. RCO

April 27, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Their father; Medical Dr. Arinze and Recording Artiste went to heaven on that fateful accident date. So their mother Obiajulu(Pharmacist) is looking after all these very successful guys. Where is she in the picture?

40. E.E

November 29, 2017 at 5:04 am

I know this comment is late but I just had to comment. What a beautiful couple. Handsome husband and my goodness, that bride is breathtakingly stunning! Great family