Music

Was Davido’s Tweet to Cynthia Morgan’s Video the Perfect Response?

Cynthia-Morgan-Davido

While it seems a lot of celebrities are starting 2016 on a confrontational note, Davido might have just given us hope for peaceful reconciliations via his response to Cynthia Morgan.

It all started when Cynthia Morgan posted a series on short clips on Snapchat addressing Davido and more or less calling him a “F*boy”. In her video she imitated Davido’s husky voice and said a couple of insulting things.

A follower was able to record it with his phone and shared on YouTube. See below.

Expecting Davido to give a heated response, he surprised his fans by choosing a more mature route.

He posted on Twitter:

In any case Davido probably has no time for social media fights between his concert in Gambia and upcoming concert in Niger.

Did you catch the drama? What do you think of it?

Instagram – @cynthiamorgan1 | @davidoofficial

1. Andrew

January 4, 2016 at 4:31 pm

Cynthia please u r a woman.Respect urself

• Ello Bae

January 4, 2016 at 8:49 pm

What has being a woman got to do with this?Ehhh???!! It’s people like you that would tell a single lady not to buy a car because she would chase away potential husbands and also to not go for that PHD because a woman can’t be too educated (whatever that means). Keep your unsolicited advice to yourself!

• hyper much

January 4, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Ello bae, are you having premenstrual sydrome or something? Biko go and take a chill pill. All u hyperactive females forming feminists.

• Ello Bae

January 5, 2016 at 1:21 am

Hyper much! I will answer you here since your comment has no reply button.
      No, I am not “premenstrual or something”. Already past that. You have just proved my point. I told your brother Andrew to stop stigmatizing women that speak their minds…whether we want to hear it or not and you are calling premenstrual. Either you make a valid argument or you SIT DOWN and watch women pursue their greatness. May the women around you not be inhibited by the people they are surrounded by.

• Douglas

January 4, 2016 at 10:10 pm

I hope BN is happy now they’ve successfully painted Cynthia black. Last year, before the headies, Davido mocked Cynthia when she was nominated for the Next Rated artsite along side Kiss, Lil Kesh and Reekado. He posted a video and mimicked a host announcing the winner as Lil Kesh, mocking Cynthia as talentless. Cynthia won best Raggae/street act at the Headies and decided to clap back at Davido who gave up immediately probably because of his babymama issue. (you can read it all up here gossipboyz.com.ng/2016/01/watch-cynthia-morgan-slam-davido-after-headies-winfck-you-fck-boy-davido-responds-details.html) BN should learn to get facts before publishing stories, its unfair on the girl….And for the records, she isn’t old, Cynthia is just 22-23, She started singing since 15 and her first collabo was at 16-17 with Jhybo.

2. Spunky

January 4, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Dude’s got his plate full with drama. The subtle response was well served. In btw, Cynthia is just being Cynthia.

3. @edDREAMZ

January 4, 2016 at 4:35 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Cynthia morgan is stupid as f- no doubt… She acted childishly though no doubt……
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• sista

January 4, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Hey buddy, where ve u been? Very long time no see.
      Hope u doing well

• bey

January 4, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Mr no doubt. The only commenter that doesn’t reply comments!

• californiabawlar

January 5, 2016 at 12:32 am

Lmao…I thought I was the only one that noticed! But on the real, you know how far Jupiter is from here? Who has time to be going back and forth for small talk?

4. Alpha Male

January 4, 2016 at 4:36 pm

David shamed her, social media whore.

5. uk

January 4, 2016 at 4:36 pm

So perfect

6. Bimpe

January 4, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Yes it certainly was. She’s just using Davido as a come up to be honest. I had no idea who she was until this Davido saga.

7. jess

January 4, 2016 at 4:42 pm

What is “YOUR talented””I hope you reach WERE I have conquered”. ……and he was the one complaining about someone’s “Paltry education” ok o.

• Kenechukwu

January 4, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Babcock graduate for that matter.

• ATL's finest

January 4, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Lmao “Your Talented” some Nigerian way of saying “You’re” lol.. Abeg forget University graduate jare like as if he really attended the damm music school mtchew..

@ Ms. Morgan Blacky turn emewrgw oyibo pls grow up & have some self-respect. Thanks to God for BN cuz I never knew who she was & neither do I know what her song sound like #5minsoffameisOVER#.

8. o

January 4, 2016 at 4:43 pm

She must have felt neglected; with all d attention on d Davido/Sophia and Don Jazzy/ Olamide saga. Sha looking for attention by fire, by force….carry go ooo. Lol

9. shady

January 4, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Cynthia have u been sucking sophie’s cannabis breast milk lately?. U’re definitely high on something .Go get some help pls.

• whocares

January 4, 2016 at 6:36 pm

LMAOO #SCBM overload. looool.
      @Jane P -Adogan calling kettle black. lmaoo. oh gods im crying. lool.
      This was a good response grammar aside. I don’t think she will understand it though.

• Stephanie

January 4, 2016 at 8:36 pm

This is the funniest comment I have seen on any blog or website ever!!! Lmao

• ATL's finest

January 4, 2016 at 9:02 pm

@ Shady #Majorlikes#.. Don’t mind Cynthia ???.. Everyone is trying to be relevant in every possible way mtcheww. Notice me or I [email protected] Davido, Kudos for that response. Haba make them free this dude jare! Too much shit going on at once.

10. Yolanda

January 4, 2016 at 4:44 pm

Thank you Davido. I wonder how she will be feeling now!!!

11. fleur

January 4, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Davido, I am not ya age mate, but son I am SO PROUD OF YOUR RESPONSE!!! You are ready for fatherhood. That was the best SHUT THE HELL UP AND GO DREAM ABOUT HEIGHTS I HAVE CONQUERED statement that I have seen in a while!

12. Zoey

January 4, 2016 at 4:48 pm

One word, Irritated! What’s with the American accent?? This chick tries too hard , enough!

• Idomagirl

January 5, 2016 at 12:48 am

American? The accent no get nationality, e pass one sef.

• emma

January 5, 2016 at 3:00 am

American accent, for where? How many Americans have you seen talking like this? How the he** is she calling him “fam” and dissing him at the same time? I have never heard an American calling someone “fam” when they are dissing the person. This is one very lost soul. How do people listen to the garbage that she makes?

13. squad

January 4, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Abeg bn get ur facts right. He came for cynthia morgan on his own snapchat last year and now she clapped back he wants to form victim and mature.

14. TeeCee

January 4, 2016 at 5:10 pm

I don’t think this is Davido being ‘peace-loving’. I think this is Davido having too much on his hands already and so he dares not carry more. If the babymama drama wasn’t in the picture, trust me, Davido woulda replied badly. That’s his character!

15. Jane Public

January 4, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Daddy Imade, you have just told us that you didn’t write that long ass the greatest cover up story in 2016 message. Paltry education. Bros indeed. Adogan calling kettle black. How is that gorgeous baby girl? I hope you and Sophie have resolved things now.

• californiabawlar

January 5, 2016 at 12:35 am

Hahahaha! I kept reading adogan wrong in all kinds of accents cos I guess I couldn’t believe you meant the adogan that I know. ^_^

Welcome back!!!

16. Felinda

January 4, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Davido everything happens for a reason, I hope this thing that happened with your baby mama that has embarrassed you, your family, your kid etc, Will help you to mature real quick.

This response to this useless thot called Cynthia Morgan is very unlike you, I see you have turned on a new leaf as a father now that we have entered 2016. Because the Davido we all know would have cussed this “thing” out to Timbuktu.

I am proud of you. Keep it up. And show us that you are now maturing. when it comes to your words and demeanor and what not. Do this for cute lil Imade and your late mom. Lets see a new Davido (character wise) this 2016. We are all watching you. Be the bigger person in everything (and i am not talking flaunting your materialistic stuff or your money) – I am talking about maturity.

Read Proverbs daily, to gain more wisdom on how to handle matters.

God Bless

17. Fan

January 4, 2016 at 6:09 pm

Ooh English teachers full bella naija while WAEC dey record mass failure on English every year.Cynthia abeg leave trash for LAWMA.

18. PAUL SWAI

January 4, 2016 at 6:10 pm

davido u have done it nicely

19. nene

January 4, 2016 at 6:29 pm

who is his one now? all these old women who won’t respect their age.

20. e-bukun

January 4, 2016 at 6:38 pm

e daku, honestly asking….who is she? :/

21. KMT

January 4, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Looool. Dear david in the lyrical words of prophet Bob ?who the cap fits let them wear it? snug fit. suits you boi and you know it.

• soji

January 5, 2016 at 1:52 pm

looooool silent assassin. I like what you did there.

22. Joe

January 4, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Thumbs up Davido…..

23. c_ogochukwu

January 4, 2016 at 7:09 pm

isn’t this girl older than davido i don’t get it when grown adult pick fight with pple younger than them am like don’t u have self respect smh

24. Somebody

January 4, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Omo na wa, this is a case of choosing your battles carefully and at the right time, Davido can’t take up anymore right now. I am surprised Cynthia Morgan has fans and many fans for that matter, I don’t understand her music or person at all.

• Morgan heir

January 4, 2016 at 9:20 pm

I don’t understand her either, how did she even become popular. She shouldn’t spoil the Morgan name for sensible and talented people like Morgan Freeman, JP Morgan, Tuke Morgan, etc

25. ITOFA

January 4, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Before on a scale of 100, I used to rate this dude a 10 but because of this mature response. I’m gonna rate this dude a 90, big up man

26. akibo

January 4, 2016 at 7:46 pm

Julis Agwu said lucifa has taken over the industry and some people still havent started seeing the signs yet.

27. bae

January 4, 2016 at 9:11 pm

Cynthia is a fool…looking for cheap popularity.. shey shame don catch her…-

28. Uber bella

January 4, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Lol, Davido is tired of social media drama

29. emma

January 4, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Do these people know that this is not actually how the person or people that they are trying to imitate speak? She sounds like some crazy bird. girl bye

30. starboi beezy

January 5, 2016 at 12:15 am

big upz davido dats wat mature people do talk less n act more let ur job do de talkin
    sum unknown people tryin to attach themselves to davido to become …fun.y

31. AW

January 5, 2016 at 1:10 am

And who is she again? What is her pedigree? What is this world turning into? You don’t have to be so vulgar and filthy in your speech to put your point across. I am all for women liberation and all that jazz. However you don’t have to be a guttersnipe in order to show you are liberated! How about getting some class!

32. December Wind

January 5, 2016 at 2:05 am

That’s obviously a good response from Davido bit I’d rather he ignored her and say nothing

33. cq

January 5, 2016 at 7:11 am

this is the best thing I’ve heard so far this year ,keep it up Davido

34. maamek

January 5, 2016 at 9:30 am

@mr ed dreamz,aka mr no doubt,,,,so u are back lol welcome on board i miss reading your comments…esp “NoDoubt” happy new year whiles you are still in jupiter!

35. CHISOM CHUKU

January 5, 2016 at 9:48 am

this is nonsense cant believe i wasted my time watching it

36. aya tomiwa

January 5, 2016 at 12:10 pm

cynthia just get a life jor,who the hell are u,popularityseekingbird

37. omo naija

January 5, 2016 at 12:25 pm

who is Cynthia? who is she? oh dear!!! she appered very indecent, vulgar, unkempt with her nose ring and mouthy

38. prince

January 5, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Davido don mature. that’s an EPIC response.

39. FAVOURINA

January 6, 2016 at 11:28 am

I NEVER WAS A FAN OF DAVIDO BUT HIS RESPONSE IS SUPERB N MATURE. HE HAS ADDED ANODA FAN

40. pegG

January 6, 2016 at 6:31 pm

Don’t b too judgemental on Cynthia…. someone got to put this someone right where he belongs…sure this z gonna b a 2016 trend.. well Cynthia was only bringing it out instead of shrinking in her shell n Davido probably got too much on his mind to retaliate u know….gosh
    “Abeg”…there is this thing we call freedom of speech.. it was a piece of her mind buh however u c it.. it might not b what’s working on the duo’s mind OK.. so don’t stress ur muscle.. Cynthia still got her respect intact.. #SayYourMindIn2016 …Be bold n don’t b afraid of wat people may say when u finally talk…u don’t just know..wat u say may b d soothing word.
    Did I just make sense here..? Allow some flow of oxygen jor I need to breath!