Scoop

African Diva! First Look at Yemi Alade’s Album Art for “Mama Africa”

Yemi Alade is almost ready to release her sophomore album “Mama Africa” and she has shared the album art.

The album is set to hit stores next month and is the follow-up for Yemi Alade’s debut album “King of Queens” which was released on the 2nd of October 2014.

See the album art below.

Yemi Alade - Mama Africa [Stnadard Album Cover Art]

Credits
Record Label
– Effyzzie Music Group
Photography – Emmanuel Oyeleke
Make-Up – Ife Pinkies
Hair – Bernard Smiless
Styling – House of Tangerine
Art Design – Onazi Ogaba (Unravel GFX)

1. [email protected]

February 17, 2016 at 4:07 pm

I love Yemi Alade. She is probably one of the few artists I would actually pay to listen to her album, along with D’banj, Kiss Daniel and nobody else….lol… I can’t wait to hear the songs she has lined up for us.

2. keke driver

February 17, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Crucify me if you wanna, but the hair ruined errything…..I hate this

3. chi-e-z

February 17, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Yo she looks gorgeous on the cover. I wish more Nigerian artists were as diversified or pan african i their art. When you are multiafrican ie. Nigerian+another african it’s alwayss easy to see that the naija part want to overshadow everything and call Nigeria africa no Nigeria is a 1/53 part of africa a beautiful 1/53 but Africa is so soo diverse and beautiful.

• ElessarisElendil

February 18, 2016 at 12:41 am

Nigeria is Africa, argue with your diversity.

• Yabada

February 18, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Nigeria is the United States of AFRICA

4. Binna O

February 17, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Yemi Alade wont allow tiwa savage to land, another album already … The Slayage!!!

5. Moremi

February 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Yemi Alade is brilliant!!! She has evolved from “King of Queens” to “Mama Africa”. I sense this is Grammy award material… Go Girl!!!

6. nnennaya

February 17, 2016 at 5:02 pm

I think the hair flawlessly beautiful

7. Topzy

February 17, 2016 at 5:06 pm

She is wearing little to no make-up … True African Beauty!

8. prince

February 17, 2016 at 5:31 pm

hmmmmmmm, I wish her God’s blessing, for me, I don’t listen to her kind of music. if una like make una kill me. Can you rehearse with her song, what does she sing biko.

9. Seyi

February 17, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Second album yet Chidinma and Eva are yet to drop theirs… More tea please!

• eyong

February 17, 2016 at 5:53 pm

That’s because albums don’t sell in Nigeria. The average nigerian album costs about N400, so unless you’re selling about 2 million, you won’t recoup the money you put into it in the first place. That’s why most singers don’t even bother.

10. eyong

February 17, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Let’s be honest here, MOST of her songs are not good. With the exception of Jonny, Kissing, and one or two more, her songs are depthless! So, grammy? Lmao. Nah. Not when the likes of Angelique Kidjo and Omawumi are making real art that speaks to the everyday African and their trials and tribulations. Sorry, Yemi, not hating, but let’s be honest. Your past songs were alot better than 90% of your King of Queens album.

11. Gusto

February 17, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Haters will hate, Potatoes will potate, Yemi Alade will slay!

12. Elizabeth

February 17, 2016 at 10:46 pm

I am a fan of Yemi Alade, I Iistened to her last album when it came out. To tell the truth she needs to work on her lyrics (maybe possibly hire songwriters) “Bamboo” and the R&B cuts on her K of Q album were her best songs lyrically. She needs to learn from Omawumi and Waje in that aspect. I know she’s popular, but you need to have content to have a legacy.

13. Who cares

February 18, 2016 at 8:39 am

Yemi Alade has a lot of work to do. What does she sing? i liked Johnny and Kissing (which doesnt even make much sense). The Nagode song.. I couldnt even listen to the verse and chorus. Timi Dakolo and Praiz may not be so popular but listen to their songs.

Yemi Please work harder….. But some meaning and depth in your lyrics. Inspire people…

14. Download Mama Africa

March 4, 2016 at 7:33 pm

WOW, what a very nice album, been waiting fior this album