News

Born on the 29th of February – Chinecherem Promise Okeh shares his Story

BellaNaija.com

PromiseWhile still in the womb, my mom had a major incident which caused an injury to her stomach. As the story is told, the injury resulted in a gaping hole and her womb could be seen when you looked at her stomach.

The doctors said I won’t survive; odd suggestions followed which my mom turned down outright. At last, I made it and not only did I make it; I made it on a special day February 29th around 09:03am.

The doctors said again I won’t survive for long because then I had so many issues, somehow their prediction finally came to pass, at the age of Four (4) I gave up the ghost, but trust my mom never to give up on me. For 6 hours plus she refused I will be carried away. Somehow “somehow” God brought me
back to life.

Out of the 4 healthy children my parents had, I am the only one still standing, yet many years back I was the same one everyone thought would die. That’s why my mom nicknamed me “Special Son”. I equally think my names CHINECHEREM PROMISE NKEMJIKA OKEH have been working wonders for me.

I have been knocked down a lot of times and passed through so many of life hurdles yet I came out untainted. People will always make fun of my birth date whenever they get to know about it which has made me not to have celebrated my birthday since I was born, used to be ashamed of my birth date but not anymore.

I believe being born on that special day has contributed to the unmerited favours that have followed me since I was born. Today the magazine, (Inside & About City Magazine) I started with my Corper friends while serving in Akwa Ibom State is doing so well and has yielded more organizations for me like HEESA (Health, Education, Economic Empowerment, Social Awareness & Advocacy) Foundation, Triple F Records, I&A Global Services, etc. Today most of the people I used to see on Television are now both my friends and business associates.

I am not just happy about my life but ever grateful. God has been over faithful to me especially this year. All I can say to him is “BABA U DON OVER DO”.

My name is Chinecherem Promise Okeh and I just want to let you all know that I was born on February the 29th.

1. Pretty girl

February 29, 2016 at 11:21 am

Why would people even laugh at u because u were born on February 29 anyway happy birthday wish u long life and God’s blessing. Amen

2. Daniel

February 29, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Happy Birthday bro. nothing do your birthday date. be happy with yourself, everyone of us is fearfully, uniquely, fearfully, awesomely and wonderfully made

3. otrizzy

February 29, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Happy birthday .

4. Beee

February 29, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Bro, u are unique and specially made by God. Celebrate ur day with ur shoulders lifted up in praise to God.

5. Adaeze Writes

February 29, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Happy Birthday Chinecherem. You are a blessed child of God.

For thrilling stories, visit adaezewrites.com

6. Ijay

February 29, 2016 at 3:31 pm

My pino pino nwa Happy birthday ?. More of God’s grace and blessings I wish u now and always. Luv u always

7. Ngobeke

February 29, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Happy birthday my birthday mate!! We special like dat!!

8. precious

February 29, 2016 at 6:04 pm

Grace only distinguished you from your mates, it tells how different and unique u are. Born in a leap year, u are rear. That’s the more reason u should keep your shoulders high. Don’t be surprised you’re the envy of men.Enjoy bro. its your day. H B D once again. have fun for it can only come again after four year.

9. precious

February 29, 2016 at 6:21 pm

its not ur fault, grace only distinguished you from your mates, it shows how unique and special you are. born in a leap year. come on bro, don’t be surprised you are the envy of men. have fun bro cos its ur day. make sure u had a full of it cos it can only come after four years. even while in ur mum’s womb, grace spoke for u

10. swagg1

February 29, 2016 at 8:02 pm

In short he was trying to say he survived against all odds. Well congrats and HBD bro!!. Still dont know the point of this gist BN, cuz its obvious you guys are trying to fill an empty space.

11. fave

February 29, 2016 at 10:50 pm

Happy birthday bro. U will live long. God has more plans ahead for u.

12. Celestine

March 1, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Chechee as I like to call him is a friend am glad I have. Its been 9 years since we became friends. Wish you all the best bro.