Scoop

Ruggedman pens a Heartfelt Open Letter addressing 9ice’s Apology

BellaNaija.com

Ruggedman

Weeks after Toni Payne got trolled by Internet Users because of her comments about Ice Prince and his girlfriend’s drama, Ruggedman has penned an open letter in which he pours out his heart to everyone.

Read below.

In 2010 9ice released a song that made a lot of people wrongfully drag me into a terrible situation. People who misconstrued the song and it created a rumour; a terrible false rumour that was fueled by journalists and bloggers who were only after hits on their sites. Bloggers and journalists who did not care to investigate and confirm the rumour, but chose to print and post it anyways not caring who got hurt in the process.

I remember pleading my innocence and that of Toni Payne but social media people being who and how they are, chose not to listen.

I remember calling 9ice on the phone CIA style to talk to him about it and he was clearly heard admitting the song was not about myself or Toni Payne, but social media people being who and how they are, chose not to listen.

I remember asking 9ice to publicly clear the air on the terrible rumour, but was shocked when my friend said he would not because he was busy and didn’t have time for such. Again nobody wondered why.

Fast forward 2016. Six years later and I was surprised when I heard that 9ice has finally come out to say I never slept with his wife and the song was not about me and even apologized on top. That he has finally come out to say the truth about the issue that cast a negative shadow over my head and that of his ex-wife for six years.

All I can do is smile because I know me better than anybody out there who insulted me over the matter. I said it then and I say it now; Michael Ugochukwu Stephens will never sleep with his friends’ wife.

Families and husbands you can now relax. Your daughters and wives are safe around me hahahahaha!!

To 9ice, bro you left it a bit too late. You had your chance to clear this matter up 6 years ago when it really mattered but you did not take it. I do not know why and exactly what it was that made you keep quiet all that while. I did my best to clear my name without you and moved have moved on since.

Anyways I accept your apology and thank God we are all alive.

To bloggers and journalists: You will be who and how you are, but the best and most successful ones amongst you will be the ones who actually get professional about with their work and try to investigate stories before putting it out there. I really hope you all realize it’s not all about the hits. Do not lose your humanity all because you want to be the first to break news. n a lighter note, if you want to break news, kindly break the news that my new song ft Olamide titled Seyi Shay will drop on cloud 9music and mtn plus tomorrow 5th February 2016.

I wish you all the best and I appreciate everybody who has been there for me. God bless us all.

1. keke driver

February 4, 2016 at 1:41 pm

OK, So everyone please go back to work…….!

2. www.thelmathinks.com

February 4, 2016 at 1:47 pm

The sooner people realize and accept that bloggers are not journalists, the better for them. In fact lumping the two together is an insult to journalists.

3. o

February 4, 2016 at 1:52 pm

It’s easy for us to say it’s been 6 yrs, who cares, go back to work, move on already, bla, bla, bla… BUT, a times, if someone has said really hurtful things about you, or kept quiet when hurtful things were being said, it can be really painful. Especially if ppl go ahead and bash you or form their opinion about you based on that. So in a way I understand all the talk from Toni and Ruggedman…. They just need to heal and move past this. Ko easy… BTW it seems Toni was good for 9ice. He cant seem to release any major hits since she stopped managing him…

4. jide

February 4, 2016 at 1:55 pm

I knew for sure Toni and Rugged didn’t hook up. But desperado 9ice had to use the rumor to sell records. He sold records yet career is now over. Choi!

5. Viv

February 4, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Six years ago 9ice was relevant is Nigeria entertainment, he enjoyed the controversy and the relevance it brought. Today, the relevance is gone, and his conscience comes alive. Sadly, innocent people had been hurt and bashed. No woman would love 9ice like Toni did,

• ola

February 4, 2016 at 4:15 pm

He said he heard that 9ice apologised….he never said 9ice apologised in person directly to him…….so na rubbish this guy dey write.

6. Noma

February 4, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Please abeg
    Why is he trying to sound like he didn’t add his own drama to the saga.Same Rugged man that released a song about how 9ce is an ingrate and how he was the one that hooked Toni and 9ce up

2016 year of relevance by force by fire.Next thing now 9ce will release ‘Unaccepted Apology no pain me………..”

7. orphelia Hamletson

February 4, 2016 at 2:34 pm

The wickedness of men leave with them, You cant kick people down and hope to progress it cant happen, it might not be now but eventually yes!!!!.

Mean toni managed olamide as well , i think she would have made a powerful manager in the industry but with all the terrible issues back them she left that scene, its not to late to try thou.
    find a new creative brand or existing brand and werrk your magic

8. ola

February 4, 2016 at 2:38 pm

So 9ice divorced toni Payne on baseless accusations. Oga oo

9. Missy J

February 4, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Only thing I got from the epistle is Ruggedman is Igbo… *Shocked *

10. bb

February 4, 2016 at 2:51 pm

To actually delay clearing their name on this issue is really bad, for six years 9ice let people think Rugged man slept with his ex-wife all for what I don’t no, he tarnished their image and for that 6yrs nothing good has happen to Rugged man, cos pple believed he’s d bad egg. Na wah o!

• o

February 4, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Funny thing is that, career wise, nothing good has happened to 9ice too!

11. I just waka come...

February 4, 2016 at 2:55 pm

I don’t know how I feel about the ‘apology’ from 9ice.

To my mind, it’s like shooting someone in the head and offering them sweets afterward.

Does ‘sorry ‘ take away the pain, insults and shame suffered by Toni Payne?
    Does it bring back the missed opportunities? Does it change people’s perceptions?

Sometimes ‘sorry’ comes a little too late to be practically worthless . Some people run their mouth like they have diarrhea of the esophagus. ‘Sorry’ has now become your quick fix Flagyl.

No I am not Toni Payne or a sibling.
    It’s just that for me, LOYALTY/TRUST comes first before anything else, even love and thus if any ‘friend’ of mine tried that crap with me amma fcuk the person up so bad, there would be NOTHING left to forgive. Iranu abasha. Mtsheww

And I hope next it will not be Toni Payne’s mother who will write her own letter accepting his apology.
    It haf do. E ma lo.

12. prince

February 4, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Bloggers needs the hit to make money and please Rugedi baba. bloggers aint journalists. In all these, I have just one person to blame and that person is 9ice. He phucked up big time.

13. hey!

February 4, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Let me drop this small one here ffor that Nne wey say e no know sai bro ugo na ibo, bro ugo and our darling isio wanagho were an item for some time too, and truely I loved them together,bt this was part of the break up too, I said part of o, I didn’t say compleytely.

14. M&

February 4, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Guys, don’t trip. the only thing he wanted to say is ” if you want to break news, kindly break the news that my new song ft Olamide titled Seyi Shay will drop on cloud 9music and mtn plus tomorrow 5th February 2016.” the rest was just to get our interest to do the announcement. how many people would have opened to read if the title was “Ruggedman drops new single tomorrow”

• enkayz

February 5, 2016 at 12:04 am

u r smart. the only one that got the message/conclusion.

15. halima

February 4, 2016 at 5:39 pm

You got a point though.

16. Journalist/bloggers

February 5, 2016 at 8:36 am

I thought he said journalists and bloggers…not journalists are blogger…
    I suppose he kws d not dsame

17. LeoLEO

February 6, 2016 at 2:16 am

Nobody cares about the truth when the lie is more entertaining