News

3 Abducted Secondary School Girls Rescued by Lagos Police

Babington Macaulay Junior Seminary (BMJS)Last week Monday – February 29, 2016, three secondary school girls were snatched from their boarding schoolBabington Macaulay Junior Seminary (BMJS), Agunfoye-Lugbusi, Ikorodu, Lagos State while studying during ‘prep’.

The kidnappers demanded a 200 million Naira ransom for the SS2 students, then reduced it to 20 Million Naira.

Now, in a tweet issued by Lagos state’s Commissioner for Information & Strategy, Steve Ayorinde, he said Governor Ambode has commended the police for their successful release.

No ransom was paid, and the captors have been arrested.

1. Chi

March 6, 2016 at 12:57 pm

The best news that has come out of Nigeria this year.

• Weezy

March 6, 2016 at 3:19 pm

For real. If the government starts finding and arresting kidnappers, it will deter new ones from trying this nonsense again.

2. Cabrini

March 6, 2016 at 1:34 pm

I’m glad they’re safe. Can’t begin to imagine the trauma and assault they encountered.

• Abk

March 6, 2016 at 2:11 pm

According to reports, the girls were not molested, I was happy to hear that. I was really worried. The kidnappers have been arrested and no ransom was paid. The girls need to be hospitalized because of the shock.

• Corolla

March 6, 2016 at 3:02 pm

I just hope they were not sexually assaulted o. ?

• Abk

March 6, 2016 at 3:35 pm

Please read my comment again.

• Corolla

March 6, 2016 at 7:51 pm

Yes I read your comment, and once again I say, “I hope they were not sexually assaulted”… Naija parents will not reveal such, and will never tell the media if this truly happened! So I am truly hoping and praying that indeed these girls were not sexually assaulted.

• Abk

March 6, 2016 at 9:25 pm

“Naija Parents will never release such”, who will like to release such news, will you if you were in their shoes? Some of you don’t like to hear bad news, but when you’re told good news you doubt, so what exactly do you want to hear? The commissioner of police said when he picked them up, that was the first question he asked them and they all said they weren’t molested in any kind, afterwhich they were taken to the hospital and reunited with their Parents. The police and other media also questioned the head of the gang and he said they were neither beaten nor molested. You should be thankful to God instead of doubting the information.

• Corolla

March 6, 2016 at 11:11 pm

If you like give yourself brain aneurysm over my comment, so gbo? All I know is I am not coming from a bad place.

• Abk

March 7, 2016 at 12:16 am

You’ll be alright. ☺️

3. nnenne

March 6, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Thanks Gov. Abode, for demonstrating that Governors can work to rescue abducted girls in their state and not wait for the President! !

4. Aijay

March 6, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Glory be to God for the release of our sisters. Indeed, it is the Lord’s doing.

5. Gbagbati

March 6, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Baba Esheeeeeee! Honor and glory to your NAME! Indeed YOU alone will take the praise!!! Glory to God!! I’m estatic!!

6. Maigari

March 6, 2016 at 10:31 pm

Praise God. This has made my day…..praise God!!!

7. Kay

March 6, 2016 at 11:17 pm

Halleluyah ! Glory be to God. I’m so glad to hear this great news. We prayed for them at my church today.

8. ElessarisElendil

March 7, 2016 at 1:29 am

The face of the police team should be plastered all over so well meaning Nigerians can buy them a beer occasionally.

Good on Ambode and Tinubu really should share his leadership discovery formula with the rest of the country.

9. Timb

March 7, 2016 at 5:31 pm

For the record, pastor Akanji Oluwaseun was among the terrorists that abducted the schoolgirls in Ikorodu. Interestingly, the other members of the gang, as paraded by the police, are Christians. In fact, one of them is Emmanuel, meaning, God is with us.

But our Christian dominated media didn’t condemn the men’s religion (Christianity), the way they did in the case of Yunusa, the man that allegedly abducted/eloped Ese.

In fact, one of the media described Mr. Oluwaseun as a fake pastor, in a bid to protect pastoral business venture (LOL).

Our hypocritical Christian activists have suddenly gone into hiding now that the kidnappers of the minors in Ikorodu are their “brothers-in-Christ”. I was expecting them to shake social media, just as they did in the case of Ese’s abduction saga.

10. Oma

March 7, 2016 at 7:40 pm

@Timb i understand your anger, i really do. I understand your need to pay ‘Christians’ back in their own coin for always been so vocal when people of other religions err, most especially Muslims, but brother or sister, i am not sure which you are, if you can just step out of your place of hurt, out of your need to protect your religion, and look at this objectively, you will be able to see why Muslims receive so much backlash. Which other religion has wreaked one tenth of the havoc (and this is in a bid to put it mildly) Islam has in the last 15 years? If you were not a Muslim, would you still feel the way you do? Mind you, i am not saying Islam is bad, and am not saying all Muslims are terrorists or bad people but i am saying you really cannot blame people for not ‘feeling friendly’ towards the adherents of Islam, given the terror your brethren have spread and are still spreading world-over.

Sorry, i am sure you are a good person, but it is what it is.