Scoop

Omoni Oboli is now a Brand Ambassador for Arik Air

Omoni Oboli

Nollywood actress Omoni Oboli just copped another endorsement deal.

The movie star has been announced as the brand ambassador for Arik Air today.

The announcement was made via Arik Air’s official Instagram page with a caption saying

“Meet our new brand ambassador, Nollywood star, @omonioboli. We are excited about our partnership with #TheFirstLady herself! #ProudlyNigerian #IFlyArik #BuyNigerian #SupportNigerianBrands #NairaIsKing”

This isn’t her first endorsement, Omoni can be considered an endorsement queen! She has enjoyed endorsements from Sunlight Detergent, Nunu Milk, Dettol and PZ Cussons.

1. afis

March 23, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Congrat

2. Fifi

March 23, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Money they should use to improve their planes, especially the ac’s they are using it on omoni, misplaced priorities

• Tope

March 23, 2016 at 4:54 pm

God bless you for this comment. Took their flight once in my life 4 years ago, because I wanted more baggage allowance and I regret it till this day, Worst flight EVER!!! poor seats (some even torn), no headphones and some of the entertainment screens were not even working (imagine 6 hours flight and having no form of entertainment!!!), only one toilet was functional (the others were out of order and people had to queue up for that one, the blanket was dirty and when I mentioned this to the air host, he was so rude, he eventually reluctantly went to get another which he threw at me! (and guess what, that was also dirty). Then the food, when I asked for more (I know I like food too much) the air hostess was also rude saying people don’t get seconds on flights (when we landed and I was complaining to my husband about the food, someone behind us was like, at least you got food we didn’t get food at the back! ahhhh on a 6 hours flight, Arik e de beru Olorun!) Anyway, that’s just part of the ordeal on that flight alone and I swore never to take them again. All these money they want to be spending on ‘stars’ that people may not even recognise, they should use in fixing up their planes and training their staff…

• Felix

March 23, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Ha ha, are you sure we were not on the same flight.

• Tope

March 23, 2016 at 6:06 pm

I forgot to mention that we wrote to their head office to complain and when we heard back from them 5 MONTHS LATER, it was just to say ‘sorry, we will try to improve and speak to the rude staff members’. Can you imagine, no form of compensation. I remember when Virgin was 1 hour late one time, they awarded everyone extra air-miles immediately they didnt wait for us to write to them to complain and they kept apologising through out the delay. SMH for Arik. Omoni, please listen to @Niyoola dont destroy the little rep you have,

3. GistYinka

March 23, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Congrats to her..

4. Yetunde

March 23, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Misplaced priorites …whats the point of her been a brand ambassdor , will it make more people fly NO NO NO
    use that money to improve on the plane and service , That is what Arik really needs

5. glow

March 23, 2016 at 2:57 pm

@afis : are you SDK ‘s Pat Ogar? “Congrat” is her signature comment….never with an “s” ….lol

6. Cocolette

March 23, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Arik with their terrible terrible service and flight delays ?

• Marlvina

March 23, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Leave the issue of flight delays. AERO would win an Intl award for that.

7. Prec

March 23, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Noooooooooooo, they are the worst! Oboli I love you girl but why will you agree to this? You’re a standard of excellence and you’re endorsing their mediocrity? Mba, mba.

• nene

March 23, 2016 at 4:45 pm

are u going to pay her salary to take care of her family?

8. hezekina pollutina

March 23, 2016 at 3:34 pm

god bless nigeria….duh…

9. Dollyp

March 23, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Ambassador to a company that does not pay salaries..Omoni should know better abeg

10. Ivie

March 23, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Arik air… Mtcheew

11. Chinye

March 23, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Arik Air again? Why would anyone want to be their brand ambassador. With their lousy service? I hope this does not tarnish the image of the actress.

12. Niyoola

March 23, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Omoni, you are going to ‘doti’yourself with this endorsement.
    Arik is one of the most HATED brands in Nigeria. What makes it worse is their zero customer service.
    Worse still, Arik owes their staff salary, their planes can be rickety, inflight service and conditions are horrible!

Arik once kept passangers travelling to London in the airplane, on the tarmac for 5 hours! without feeding them or turning on the a/c. They eventually took off and ………. landed at Abuja to pick up more passengers! yes, you read that right. The flight was almost 10 hours late, no one was compensated!!!

And this was a couple of years ago. They’ve been worse in recent times.

Please, not everytime think about your pocket.
    Omoni, you are BRAND yourself. You are going to tarnish the small rep you have with this nonsense.
    Arik should go and pay their staff abeg

13. Anon

March 23, 2016 at 6:09 pm

Omoni, ti e ti ba e, now you have to fly them, suffer suffer don come meet you. No more enjoyment with proper airlines. Unless they dont fly to the destination you want to go to ni yen oo.

14. Nami woo

March 23, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Well they delay the flights so they can go to the luggage and steal… ARIK is one of the WORST FLIGHTS… PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE ONCE YOU REGISTER THEY GO TO YOUR LUGGAGE AND STEAL… TIFFY TIFFY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

15. nunulicious

March 23, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Arik air, worst airline ever! their local flights are terrible too. Wish I could advice omoni to reconsider that contract. You can’t hype a bad product.

16. trey

March 23, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Omoni has 4 boys and 1 assistant to feed!

17. May

March 24, 2016 at 4:48 am

Na wa oh. What is the point of all these ambassador this ambassador that? What is their usefulness? So because she’s an ambassador now her fans will fly Air Arik even with all these complains or because I love Funke Akindele I will now start using OMO or because Kunle Afolayan is ambassador for Peugeot I will now go and buy one when I know it’s not a good car? They no get sense. Really misplaced priorities….. Someone should just make me ambassador to GARRI and grandnut make dem pay me

18. uchechukwu

March 24, 2016 at 12:28 pm

lol.Cassandra flakes and epa of life

19. Mariescarlett

March 24, 2016 at 1:32 pm

This ridiculous airline,and the rubbish stale cupcakes they serve on thier local flights , no options at all cupcakes or take a hike lol. They don’t even have the decency to give you a full juice box or bottle of water , they pour into little cups for you like we are at a local 1 year old “baiday”.. Don’t get me started on thier delays

20. Angiee

March 24, 2016 at 3:51 pm

And on top of that, they are even the most expensive of all. Na wah o!