News

“Yunusa Yellow Stabbed Us In The Back” Ese Oruru’s Mother Speaks

BellaNaija.com

Ese Oruru's Abductor Yunusa Yellow

Ese Oruru’s Alleged Abductor Yunusa Yellow

Rose Oruru, the mother of Ese Oruru who was allegedly abducted by Yunusa AKA Yellow has said that she assisted Yunusa but he betrayed her and the Oruru family by abducting their then 13 year-old daughter (Ese turned 14 in February).

Yunusa was said to have abducted Ese from Bayelsa in August 2015, converted her to Islam. Ese’s mother has however, denied claims by Yunusa’s father that the alleged served their family for 10 years as a house help.

She says that she met Yunusa in 2012, saying he used to help people carry their load from the market and as a food seller he usually patronized her and on several occasions she would give him free food or sell to him on credit. She also offered him shelter in her shop at night, but stopped when she suspected him of stealing from her.

She also vehemently denies claims that her daughter willingly ran away with Yunusa.

According to Punch,

“Yunusa was one of the Hausa people in the area, and he used to come to my shop to buy food, and sometimes when he did not have money, we would sell to him on credit or give him food for free.

“When we discovered that he needed a place to lay his head at night, I decided to help him by allowing him to pass the night in the shop, but not to live there.

“We did not know he would turn against us and kidnap our daughter. Yunusa betrayed me and my family, despite how we helped him.”

Rose described him as someone who was known to people around the area because he was friendly.

She said he sold firewood for some time until someone in the area gave him a tricycle to ride.

“I remember that he behaved like a good person; people in our area knew him very well. Nobody would have thought he could do such a thing,” she added.

According to Rose, Yunusa was asked to stop coming to sleep in her shop in 2013 after some items got missing in the shop.

Rose said items such as rice and bottles of soft drinks disappeared.

She said, “That was when I became suspicious. Since I could not prove it, I just asked him to stop coming to the shop to pass the night. This was in late 2012 or early 2013.

“I had to start locking the fridge and my cupboard. Why would I do that if I had trusted him?”

She said people who said Ese willingly travelled to Kano with him did not know Yunusa’s history.

She recalled that a few weeks after she asked Yunusa to stop coming to sleep in her shop, her shop was burgled.

She said she lost valuables, including food items and a big television set that came with a DVD player.

“That television set was even bigger than the one currently in my shop. We do not want to lay blame on anyone because we could not say that this was the person that did it,” she added.

She said a year later, Yunusa started coming to the shop to buy food.

She said, “He came one day to beg me to forgive him. I then told him that I did not hold anything against him that I had forgiven him.

“But how could I have known that he was planning to do something bad to my daughter?

“I know my daughter, Ese, she would never have done such a thing with someone like Yunusa. She did not go to Kano with him on her own accord.”

Ese has since this week been reunited with her family and Yunusa has been transferred to Bayelsa for trial.

Source: Punch

1. keke driver

March 4, 2016 at 10:52 am

Who then do we trust? this kine life sef, everyone just want to take advantage of you.

• afis

March 4, 2016 at 11:01 am

I dey tell

2. Tolu

March 4, 2016 at 11:00 am

Trust with your two eyes opened. Infact, build your fence so high either in your home or relationship. It’s so important. And if you have a careless and carefree partner who can trust anything then prepare yourself for shocking stories like this.

• ATL's finest

March 4, 2016 at 5:05 pm

@ Tolu I’m telling U esp that relationship part chia smh.. They way some friends act ehn U go fear God on their behalf respect your self & keep your mouth sealed smh.

3. afis

March 4, 2016 at 11:03 am

Human being with lies

4. prince

March 4, 2016 at 11:51 am

Northerners (the muslims) are demons. No matter how close you think they are to you, once there’s a religious trouble in that area, the same people you think are your friends are those that would lead the crowd to come kill you.
    They’ll call you ‘ARNI’. The evil in their heart is more than the one in devils heart

• meh...

March 4, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Small-mindedness! What is wrong with you?! I thought we were past this fickle minded mentality. It is because of people like you that Nigeria cannot move forward. Holding on to your ridiculous beliefs and generalizations. You are there talking about the things Muslims do, have you talked about what the Christians do? Have you not read about Rev. King or whatever his name is? Was he not a Christian? Are the likes of Donald Trump not “Christian”? Is Alison-Madueke not Christian? Is Goodluck Jonathan not Christian? Was Ojukwu not Christian? The list goes on and on for both Muslims and Christians…Does that mean that all Christians are bad? Do you think the insulting, gossiping or lying that you do would not land you in the same burning hell as this Yunusa dude? The fact that people sin in a different manner from you does not make you any less of a sinner. Why are you not calling the people who kidnapped the two secondary school girls in Lagos demons? If it is like that, then we are all demons nah!

The bottom line is that evil and stupid people are everywhere regardless of religion. I grew up in Kano, I am a Christian and some of my best friends are Muslim, including boys. My mother’s staff are all Muslim and all the ones who have cheated her in her business are even the so-called Christians and family members. In fact, two of the demons (as you call them) have been with us since I was 3-months old (I’m 21) and they have been the most loyal to my family. So please stop all these generalizations and condemn only the Yunusa guy and those who helped him, not all Muslims.

• NaijaPikin

March 4, 2016 at 10:44 pm

@meh… Please stop trying to prove a point by dragging other people’s name into this. What did Ojukwu do to you? Did he kidnap someone from your village? You’re trying to correct someone for the same thing you’re doing. Remove the plank in your eye before removing another person’s.

My own bottom line is, this is not the first time Hausa muslims are kidnapping and brainwashing innocent Nigerian girls and taking them to the emir’s palace. Ask people who live in the North if you don’t know. We only get to hear from people like Ese and her family, there are a couple others suffering in silence because emirs are involved. This nonsense has to stop! And it has to be directed to the people who do it the most, and they are Hausa muslims. It doesn’t mean that all Hausa muslims are like that, it only means that the few who do it are hausa muslims. Simple!!

We’re not here to talking about political stealing and corruption, when that topic is raised you can then begin to mention people’s name.

• Celeste

March 4, 2016 at 4:52 pm

With all that has been said back and forth, if something about this story doesn’t still seem right to you, then it certainly wouldn’t.

Ok. What else do you want to hear that it will all seem right to you? That she wasn’t hypnotized and has been sleeping with Yunusa that she finally eloped with him? That she is 18 years and over? Or that Yunusa is 14 or 16 years and she is the one sexually molested him? Which of the mentioned seem right to you now? Get sensible and reasonable!

• Jayden phoenix

March 4, 2016 at 6:55 pm

So I’m wondering why my comment is bothering you this much….

Have you been abducted and impregnated by a strange Hausa man before?? Please kindly educate me about your experience as you seem well versed in this issue…… ???

• Celeste

March 4, 2016 at 8:45 pm

I’m bothered at your level or lack of empathy to Ese’s ordeal. Your “something about this story doesn’t seem right” didn’t come off as someone who is genuinely sympathetic to her plight. And no, I have never been abducted or impregnated, but I live in the north and these things happen for real – it happened to my girlfriend, the hausa guy almost married her as his wife no. 2. And yes, she was a church girl so we were shocked! Her parents and pastors went into serious prayers. When her eyes cleared we all confirmed she was charmed.

5. ACE

March 4, 2016 at 12:18 pm

Lord strengthen Ese and her family. Human beings tho, I thought northerners were more trust worthy

• nnenne

March 5, 2016 at 12:45 am

@ Naijapikin…. How dare you drag GEJ and Ojukwu’s names into this?
      Did any of these men make utterances that led to lose of life in Nigeria? Did they Kidnap you, rape, steal from you or force you to change your religion?
      Yes, there are many bad Christians but to use these men as your example shows that you seriously need help!

• nnenne

March 5, 2016 at 1:00 am

@ meh…. How dare you drag GEJ and Ojukwu’s names into this?

• nnenne

March 5, 2016 at 1:02 am

Sorry Naijapikin, my comment was for meh!

6. Janet

March 4, 2016 at 12:50 pm

I know this story first hand! I remember growing up in Kaduna and this much older Hausa Air force officer who used visit his uncles workshop close to my mums restaurant, would try so hard to convince my mum and me that he liked me an will like to marry me! I was just 15 and he was over 40! my mum would insult and warn him to stay away from me! this asshole wouldn’t. he would fly above the restaurant in the morning and come by at afternoon to ask if i saw him fly earlier ( trying to impress a young girl, thankfully it didn’t work). he would try to get his nephews to trick me, he would send gifts and perfumes to my mums restaurant and my mum would throw them out! Well another neighbor informed my mum that it was a matter of time before he charmed me into loving him that there would be nothing she could do! my mum was so scared that if we hear or see him coming she will put me on a bike and send me home! i stopped going to my mums restaurant entirely because of him! It really happens, I was lucky.

• Hotspice_yimu

March 4, 2016 at 1:26 pm

May that charm never gets to the hands of our southern men cos its quite potent. I Can’t for the life of me understand why someone will be happy to be with another knowing that person is with them cos of the love charm.

• Celeste

March 4, 2016 at 6:46 pm

Your mom is a wise woman, if not for her the man would have succeeded in charming you. And if she didn’t throw his gifts away and you used them, your story for don change. Na him name you for don dey sing day and night.

Its possible that Ese may have received a greek gift or money from Yunusa that made his charm potent or it could be a case of touch and follow.

7. beebe

March 4, 2016 at 1:01 pm

This guy is thief and when he couldn’t steal items he stole a human being instead. He targeted the family because they were kind to him. This is a big lesson to us, that sometimes the people we think are good, or trust, will be the ones planning our dismay.
    it just sad, that we cant love wholly

8. Jayden phoenix

March 4, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Something about this entire story doesn’t seem right……..but thank God Ese is back with her family.

• Celeste

March 4, 2016 at 2:19 pm

What else would seem right to you? And what more do you want to hear? Amebo kobo kobo!

• Jayden phoenix

March 4, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Gosh…….it’s my personal opinion. No need to get personal. Grow up. Keyboard bully.

• Celeste

March 4, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Ok. What else do you want to hear that it will all seem right to you? That she wasn’t hypnotized and has been sleeping with Yunusa that she finally eloped with him? That she is 18 years and over? Or that Yunusa is 14 or 16 years and she is the one sexually molested him? Now, which of the mentioned seem right to you? Get sensible and reasonable!

9. t2

March 4, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Meh or what ever you call yourself, you are very stupid to have made references to christians, it’s obvious that Muslims are the problem we have in the world today, we all know you aren’t a christian so please shut up your dirty mouth

• meh...

March 4, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Look, I won’t come here and call you stupid back or insult you. You can keep blaming the Muslims for the failings in our country. So you want to turn a blind eye to the things that Christians do in the world as well? My point was that there are evil people everywhere and for people like you to stop saying that all Muslims are the cause of the problems in the world today. When pastors make their people eat grass it okay abi? Because they are Christian, we say it is okay. It is also very easy for people to say that Christians are the cause of the problems in the world as well. We need to stop all the generalizations and if you read my comment with an open mind you would have gotten my point the first time. I don’t have much more to say, if you want to listen, listen.

PS. I am a Christian. I don’t have to prove anything to you lol. You sound very bitter maybe sort out your issues before blaming the Muslims hehe… If you need someone to blame someone for something, blame your corrupt leaders for the naira/dollar situation.  I pray to Jesus that you he reduces the bitterness in your heart. Take care!

• NaijaPikin

March 4, 2016 at 10:56 pm

@meh..please are you a he or she? I want to be able to call you madam or oga (lol).
      See, christians and muslims have both good and bad people amongst them. But the truth be told, one of the greatest problems in Nigeria’s history is Boko haram. And prior to that, I lived in Kaduna state where people were massacred and churches burnt in the name of Sharia.
      I have muslims as friends too. My sister’s bestfriend is a muslim and she’s the nicest person ever, but islam has ruined this country in a lot of ways. Believe it or not!

10. Chi!

March 4, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Thank God!#justice for Ese. God bless u, Ese’s mother, u’re a true mother. a strong woman.it is well wit u n ur family.am glad u got ur daughter back.

11. mama

March 4, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Thank God madam rose oruru for your daughter’ s life,See would have been a victim of suicide bomber ….that is thier plans

12. Ever Green

March 4, 2016 at 5:59 pm

@t2 try and read Meh’s message over again before you conclude she was saying evil people are everywhere it cut across religion and tribes besides she’s also a christian that lives among Hausa’s.

• meh...

March 4, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Thank you! You get it!

13. Celeste

March 4, 2016 at 8:41 pm

And no, I have never been abducted or impregnated, but I live in the north and these things happen for real – it happened to my girlfriend, the hausa guy almost married her as his wife no. 2. And yes, she was a church girl and we were shocked! But when her eyes cleared we confirmed she was charmed.

14. adycyndy

March 4, 2016 at 9:23 pm

another girl child has being abducted oooooooooo! this one happened in sokoto state. the child’s name is patience paul The Governor of Sokoto State Aminu Tambuwal has directed the state’s Human Rights Commission to wade into the alleged abduction of a 14-year-old Miss Patience Paul, on August 12, 2015.

• NaijaPikin

March 4, 2016 at 10:47 pm

@adycyndy, you see!!! and people like @meh…are busy talking rubbish. People go through a lot, some are just afraid to speak out, some have spoken out and they have been threatened. What else should they do?

It’s only God that can save us in this world.