News

Ese Oruru’s Alleged Abductor, Yunusa Dahiru Released after Meeting Bail Conditions

BellaNaija.com

Yunusa Dahiru

Yunusa Dahiru

Yunusa Dahiru, alias Yellow has been released from the Okaka Prisons in Bayelsa state after meeting bail conditions.

Dahiru, accused of abducting Ese Oruru, 14 from Yenagoa, Bayelsa state, is currently facing a five-count charge of abducting, inducing by the use of deception and coercion, illicit intercourse, sexual exploitation and unlawful carnal knowledge of the minor.

PUNCH reports that he has been taken to Kano state in company of his team of defence lawyers.

He met bail conditions after Justice Ajiya Nganjiwa reduced the conditions for sureties in the N3m bail bond from a traditional ruler in Bayelsa state, to any traditional ruler within the country. Nganjiwa also relaxed the bail condition from a grade 12 and above in the civil service, to a grade 9.

Lead counsel for Dahiru, Kayode Olaosebikan, confirmed the release of his client, noting that “his people have taken him away.”

Ese’s cross-examination by Dahiru’s lawyers will continue on September 13 2016.

1. allthingsfitness

July 11, 2016 at 9:43 am

lol lover boy…..
    visit my website for online fitness tips that work.
    Loose weight online with these fitness tips!!!!

2. amaria

July 11, 2016 at 9:50 am

His people have taken him home. ..that’s d end of this case oh! A girls life has been changed forever and her own country has failed her when she needed it the most. …Nigeria I really Wail thee..

3. Cindy

July 11, 2016 at 11:38 am

BN, this news is not complete without pictures of him taking a flight back home. This fruit seller sure has sponsors.

4. Naijatalk

July 11, 2016 at 12:25 pm

His people have taken him away….this boy is going to disappear. Bella stop this political correctness and report the story completely. the Muslim Lawyers Association of Nigeria are behind his bail. According to this report on LIB,
    A Federal High Court sitting in Yenagua, the capital of Bayelsa state granted him bail but due to the stringent conditions laid down by the court, Yunusa could not meet the conditions until last Friday.

“I have learnt my lessons. This case has taught me a lot of lessons and shaped my life. I would be cautious on how to relate with others in my future life.,” he said in an interview with Daily Trust. “Though I was sent to prison but Muslims brothers from the north under the auspices of Muslim Lawyers Association of Nigeria (MULAN) are always helping me. I thanked everybody that directly or indirectly assisted me in this case. I am the happiest person today because I am reuniting with my family after spending six months in prison. Though the case is not over but I am confident the truth would prevail.” he added.

Yunusa’s lawyer, Barrister Huwaila Muhammad Ibrahim, said, over 100 lawyers have volunteered to stand for Yunusa with Sheikh Alhaji Yunusa Usman (SAN) leading counsel.

“I never thought of defending men’s right as an activist but from the narration of Ese, I realized that there is need for me to come in and protect his right. We have been following the case up till this moment and we will continue following it until justice is prevailed.”

I am patiently waiting to see justice served on the killers of Bridget Agbaheme and Eunice Elisha, both of them wives of Pastors. Maybe wee should have the Christian association of lawyers take up their cases. This is a veryverycruel system that appears to favor people from a certain region. Nigeria well done. Oh did I mention that more killings attributed to Fulani herdsmen took place yesterday in Benue. Buhari call your ratlings to order.

• Celeste

July 11, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Bellanaija be playing safe since I don’t know when. I noticed they manage news here, refusing to post some vital/serious informations.

Your reportage should be complete. Thank you!

• Naijatalk

July 11, 2016 at 1:25 pm

it is ridiculous and shameful really

5. Prince

July 11, 2016 at 3:49 pm

You can see the country and world we live in. Who gave him that huge sum. I’m sure the Emir knows about it and now he’s gone back to Kano, that’s the end of this story.

6. nnenne

July 12, 2016 at 1:03 am

Thank God for social media!
    The world will hear us.