News

Ese Oruru’s Abductor Yunusa Yellow Released on 3 Million Naira Bail

BellaNaija.com

Yunusa Dahiru, who was arraigned on charges bordering on abduction, illicit affair, and rape of Ese Oruru has been granted bail today by Justice Ajiya Nganjiwa of the Federal High Court, Yenagoa, but with strong conditions.

Yunusa, also known as “Yellow” is expected to present two sureties of like sum residing within the jurisdiction of the court, who must present six years evidence of tax payment’ one must be a title holder, and the other must be Grade 12 and above in the civil service.

Yunusa must also appear in court all through the trial until he is proven innocent or guilty.

The case has been adjourned to April 19 for hearing on the application of the prosecution counsel to hear Ese Oruru’s evidence.

1. Main Squeeze

March 21, 2016 at 8:50 pm

3 million naira bail?

Who is this Yinusa? According to his parents, he worked as a houseboy for Ese’s family.

Who forked out the 3 million naira?

• SE2

March 21, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Solid question.

• Fani

March 22, 2016 at 12:03 am

It seems many here are ignorant of what bail entails. No one forks over the entire bail money. In most Countries you pay 10% so that will be around 300,000 which will be returned later once he doesn’t jump bail. All he has to do is find someone with property worth 3m to stand as surety for him . I am sure there’s some Uncle somewhere with a house worth that or another asset maybe even cattle . Even the poorest people in Nigeria are bound to at least have one rich Uncle. As long as he doesn’t run away it doesn’t cost the person anything. Bella Naija people are just as ignorant as everyone else it seems.

• Benny

March 22, 2016 at 4:14 am

This ignorance. I visit prisons regularly. People have spent years in prison over 5000 naira bail and you are here explaining the rationality of a maiguard posting 3m bail without the support of a paedophile protecting system.
      Yeah right

2. Californiabawlar

March 21, 2016 at 9:02 pm

BN did he pay the bail? Yunusa the me’ruwa can afford 3M bail?! Nigeria institutionalized corruption finish come add pedophilia join am.

?? It’s been a long time coming, but Biafra here I come! Abeg any Igbo brother in the building ready to take a foreign wife? I know it’s not really y’alls thing but it’s free wife, no dowry… plus I already speak some Ibo: Afam bu Calisbebe, oweri fe ne me ????

• Kelechi

March 22, 2016 at 3:10 am

I am willing to take u in, on the condition u learn how to cook ofe onugbo and Uha. And am cali right now….So what is it going to be?

• Californiabawlar

March 22, 2016 at 7:10 am

Ofe Onugbo: ✅?
      Uha: ✅?
      ?Mazi Kelechi: ?❌?????

Just in case wordpress can’t express my emotions in emojis: Mazi Kelechi, hafum ‘aka!

NEXT!

3. Bolanle

March 21, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Who posted his bail? I assumed he was poor. Where on earth did he get N3 million? Let me guess…a rich northerner posted his bail, right? These people and their ways. Yeah, I said it! Their ways are weird! They are the ones that slice off people’s heads, go into towns with their cattle and murder everyone, marry children, paint their daughters faces with makeup, pimp their children out, perpetuate violence through Sharia law, subjugate their women and make them second class citizens… Should I go on? If someone wants to finish the list for me, you are most welcome. I’m tired! It’s time someone called out their filthy ways!

4. Bolanle

March 21, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Bellanaija post my comment

5. Chi

March 21, 2016 at 9:16 pm

If he’s able to post the N3M bail then for a certainty, the Emir supported his action like is being insinuated.

6. Tolu

March 21, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Guess Sanusi paid for him

7. Dr. N

March 21, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Easy. Whoever pays that money is behind all the abductions we hear of and possibly BH

8. Marian

March 21, 2016 at 10:37 pm

3 million? Abi 3 thousand? Who dash am? Is it legal to trace the source of the fund? Was there a gofundme page we were not aware of? Sahara over to you! The plot thickens.

9. AW

March 21, 2016 at 10:38 pm

For those asking how Yinusa made bail. Ask those who practice law in the North, they will tell you how easy it is for him as “a good Muslim” to make bail.

• nnenne

March 21, 2016 at 11:25 pm

@AW… You mean, even in the time of “CHANGE?”
      Hope someone traces where the money is coming from.
      Then we will know that ‘CHANGE” is upon us.

• AW

March 22, 2016 at 6:53 am

It has nothing to do with politics. It is just the way it is. I have personally seen where a witness came to testify on behalf of a party in a suit and he was asked how do you know him? His reply was; “I heard he is a Muslim and it is my duty as a good Muslim to come to court today to support him”. He clearly did not know the man, but felt duty bound to act as a character witness based on the fact that they share the same religion. Taking “be your brother’s keeper” to another level.

10. poison ivy

March 21, 2016 at 11:54 pm

Who give aboki 3M?
    On top “obioma and “Suya” e gather the money.
    Evidently, very influential and wealthy people are behind this case.
    He’ll probably get a SAN to represent him.
    At this point, it is only God that can vindicate Ese’s family, I don’t see justice here, I really don’t.
    On another note, yellow isn’t related to the Emir and he’s almost getting away, now imagine what their kids and relations get away with everyday.
    Nigeria, my country.

11. j'suis belle

March 22, 2016 at 3:30 am

@poison ivy what kinda question is that?besides the emir is not the richest man in the north or who will like to support this guy,it has been proven dat,the gullible 15 yr old wasn’t dat innocent about this issue anyway,so thats why the “aboki” as you call him has support from his own,am sure they made the bail so high becos they expected him not to make it but GOD is all good.You want to trace the source of his bail oya start investigations sherlock and goodluck

12. mela

March 22, 2016 at 6:50 am

How could a poor ‘yellow yellow’ afford 3 million bail?. Let’s just be watching this trial and that boy does go to jail…..We will raise dust in this nation….

We can also contribute our quota to the development of this nation by going to secondary schools near us to enlighten our young girls. You might just save one soul!

13. Pychic

March 22, 2016 at 10:07 am

but they release pension fund thief on N750,000, Just negodu!

14. ody

March 22, 2016 at 10:13 am

abegi…we always make it look like the northerners are the worst tribes in Nigeria when it concerns marriage and age….with all the things that happen in the other parts of Nigeria….if this young man has done something wrong lets crucify him and leave other people alone. Is this ESE really INNOCENT!!!

15. Busarni

March 22, 2016 at 1:22 pm

You guys really surprise me. At the end of the day yunusa will be let go; in the Nigeria I know, he will never go to jail and to think that the defense counsel is an aboki that refused to mention who was paying yunusa’s legal fees.
    In Nigeria , nothing surprises me anymore, in normal countries where things work well. Yunusa should rot in jail for stealing part of Ese’s future that she can’t have back.

16. Madam Jessica

March 22, 2016 at 3:52 pm

He did not go to jail for kidnapping, rape, abuse of minor, deprivation of education, decit, impregnated underage girl, emotional trauma. So what the government and judiciary institutions are doing now is to encourage the abuses of underage girls for their own selfish and stupid satisfaction.

17. Fairy GodSister

March 22, 2016 at 9:54 pm

So many curious things about this case. It’s a crying shame though. A real shame.