Relationships

“Dress provocatively for your husband only” Activist Aisha Yesufu Shares some marriage tips on Twitter

Activist Aisha Yesufu, known for being a vocal spokesperson of the #BringBackOurGirls group, took to Twitter yesterday to share some tips on keeping a home and enjoying a happy marriage.

With the hash tag #HappyMarriage, she tweeted that marriage is both the sweetest thing one can get into and also the most hellish if one does not get it right. She thus advised women to be supportive of their husbands, be his rock and backbone, learn to cajole and respect them, take care of the children and be financially independent because “a financially independent wife is an attractive wife.”

Read some of the Tweets below:

Aisha Yesufu

Aisha Yesufu 1

Aisha Yesufu 3

Aisha Yesufu 4

To see more tweets check out her Twitter page – @aishayesufu

1. keke driver

April 5, 2016 at 11:11 am

Gbam! I completely agree… Women should please pay close attention to Line 85, and 63 and in fact all of them……You nag your Husband? He’ll jet out of the house to find peace in another woman’s arms.

• kriptin

April 5, 2016 at 11:32 am

absolutely…..there is nothing on pleasing wives, like women don’t have feelings? I am yet to see any man tweet on 90 tips to ‘make wives happy’, its like the purpose of marriage is to ensure your husband ‘is not driven into the arms of another woman’, so what about my happiness as a to be wife?…smh

• Layomi

April 5, 2016 at 9:17 pm

I’ll like to point out that bellanaija chose to only share the post on pleasing men here; this is a letter to the bride. If you follw her on twitter, she psoted a series of tweets over the weekend directed at the groom. This was inspired by a wedding she attended sometime ago where the chaiman and pastors and wha tnot only gave the bride advice on how to please her husband and no message for the groom. I will like you to go through her tweets if you can. So it’s not just about the women and their husbands. Lol

I’m so sorry for the length of my reply. I felt i had to defend the woman hehee

2. FasholasLover

April 5, 2016 at 11:14 am

Sick and tired of all the advice on how to make the man happy. No wonder the men feel so entitled. What should men do to keep a home and make their women happy? Enough abeg!

• Uyai

April 5, 2016 at 11:22 am

If you don’t like it, a beg, stay single or pack out of the house

• Mazi Okafor in Baltimore

April 5, 2016 at 11:43 am

Uyai, I don’t know who you are but you deserve two bottle of Orijin – one for today and one for tomorrow.

• Mazi Okafor in Baltimore

April 5, 2016 at 12:12 pm

yes pack out of the house.

• Just bored?? Use your brain!!!!

April 5, 2016 at 1:35 pm

@Uyai and Mazi Okafor, l take it both of you are male not MEN. It’s your type that drive away the good women in your lives and end up with the one that wakes your mother up in the morning with a slap when she visits. Uyai, if you are a woman, you certainly are destined for a life of mental slavery and in the house of your husband. Simply becos your self worth is zero.

• Uyai

April 5, 2016 at 7:17 pm

See me see trouble, I repeat if you don’t like am ,stay single or pack out of the man house…na by force..haba

3. Ify

April 5, 2016 at 11:14 am

Nice write up ,Noted!

4. whocares

April 5, 2016 at 11:14 am

BN tell me these tweets did not start from a number 1 all the way to 90? smfh.

5. marlvina

April 5, 2016 at 11:21 am

I concur. More marriages wld be saved as to prevent the men from chasing small ladies on the road.

6. gifted

April 5, 2016 at 11:28 am

I concur

7. Mr. Egghead

April 5, 2016 at 11:29 am

Ninety-one rules just to keep a man happy?? Mbanu! Is he a thesis?

There are only 4 rules of keeping a man happy. Four basic rules of keeping a man under your thumb
    – Make sure he is fed
    – Make sure he is sexually sated
    – Don’t nag or lord over him
    -Give him some “me time” and “personal space”
    Any responsible man will love you once you do all these. There is a fifth for those who are married
    – Take care of the children

Men are simple beings. Women are complex

• God's freak

April 5, 2016 at 11:53 am

You must think the men that strays lacks these four things? NO! In fact loads of men that strays has adorable wives that “overdoes” these four things!
      The only likely thing to make a man stick with you is the love of God! If a man loves and respects God, he would love and respect you. He might make mistakes but he’s so grounded in God that he’ll be willing to watch his acts!
      Here, I don’t mean being religious, I mean being spiritual!

• Mazi Okafor in Baltimore

April 5, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Please don’t drag “God” into intellectual arguments.
      There are many atheists and agnostics who have good marriages. Bill Gates doesn’t believe in God but he loves his wife.

An irresponsible man will be irresponsible; no matter what you do
      My four rules are for keeping a responsible man happy.

• Ify

April 13, 2016 at 5:02 pm

God bless you, we don’t all these zillion rules and regulations

8. Engoz

April 5, 2016 at 11:58 am

If you have a behavior of treating your fellow human being with courtesy and respect, everything will fall into place with your husband or wife. Some of you both female and male don’t naturally have such behavior maybe as a result of upbringing but expect to do magic when you marry, lmao. The exclusive thing your husband or wife has over everyone else is that sexual relations is applicable to only him or her.

• bruno

April 5, 2016 at 12:28 pm

@engoz
      best comment ever. u have said it all.

• Tunmi

April 6, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Hi five ???✋✋✋✋✋✋???

9. cheryl

April 5, 2016 at 12:08 pm

i saw these thread of tweets few days back and they were really enlightenening, and for those saying it was just about how a woman should please her husband, the thread which continued yesterday has up to abt 150 tweets, she dealt with what men should do in her tweets days back, and also touched dat of women yest, she isnt biased, i had to show my hubby some of the tweets days back, which kindda helped wit d little challenge we were having, so i didnt also hesistate to show him d ones women were to take note of too yesterday wen i saw her tweets, God bless her

10. Temi

April 5, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Morning guys. As I wait for my 2:50pm flight to Dubai, I can’t help but feel that marriage in Nigeria is a sham…..Pls let me RANT:
    I noticed my husband was cheating on me about a year and three months into our marriage. I was pissed and decided to raise hell! He told me that I stopped giving him attention and in my stupidity, I did ALL the things a good wife had to do to please my husband, yet we did not sleep in the same room for over 1 yr. Lol…I even knelt down to beg him,calling him my ibo pet name for him, nothing.
    I entered into a slow depression,I went to work more to avoid him, started stalking his side chic on facebook and instagram. I cried my heart out because we dated for over 9yrs-high school thru uni( yes, it is who you think it is) and yet he still broke my heart. My angel of a PA found me a good shrink to talk to in abuja (dr.popoola likemynds) but I did not call him. A week later, my silly silly franklin Ok transferred more than 80%of our joint savings I worked for(i make more as I’m self employed ) and called the dr.
    I had a few sessions, worked myself out of the depression, and at the end of one session, dr p asked about my husband(does he drink smoke etc, I said that he drank once in a while). He gave me a number to call and told me to save it as afriend, to call it if I ever had any issues with physical abuse. I saved it, and last week friday, after rushing back from the factory as I was a bit ill, I met her -shebitch in my house in a towel. I lost it. I dragged her weave, was giving her the decking of her life when frank came in and put his hands on me. He hit me(yes, punched my face over 4 times.) I rushed into the visitors toilet, and locked it. I called the number dr. P gave me and told the person my address. 6huge looking mopol guys arrived 20mins later and found me even though he lied and said I was not home. I am going through this and I’m sharing here because I used to think it would never happen to me. I am leaving soon for a vacation to clear my mind and to deal with the rats in my home. I pray the fuel scarcity is over when I get back. God bless. Thank you dr pops

• Mamacita

April 5, 2016 at 12:57 pm

@ Temi: ?. WTH? Hope you find healing.

• Funms

April 5, 2016 at 1:19 pm

Hmmm Temi. I sense you just needed to download so I wont comment too much. Please stay strong and don’t give up on being you. God bless you.

• Fashionista

April 5, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Wow Temi, I am so sorry you’re going through this. I can’t even imagine how betrayed you must feel after marrying your high school sweetheart. I pray God heals your broken heart. Amen.

• Ndidi

April 5, 2016 at 2:29 pm

I am so sorry temi. I know that sorry wouldn’t do much for your hurt at this point but I am glad that you are alive. I am glad you can afford the resources to take a break from such a poisonous environment. I will personally pray that you find healing all through this. Take as much time to heal please, focus on Temi at the moment; your well being and happiness. When you are in better spirits; you can then address those demons in your home. You’re not alone and with time your mental state will be restored. Keep your head up girl. You are strong and you are beautiful!

• Ladybird

April 5, 2016 at 2:59 pm

this is serious! May God grant you healing, strength and happiness.

• It is well

April 5, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Pele Temi, no matter how dark it is right now, it won’t be like this forever. One day you will look back at this phase and it would be a distant past. Sending loads of hugs your way.

• semesee

April 5, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Dear Temi,
      Time heals every wound. BTW, no human being is indispensable.

• Christ Have mercy!

April 5, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Temi I’m so sorry!!!! It’s so unfortunate. Why would he do this? Who is this lady? Is 9 years not enough to know someone? Why did he marry you if he wanted her? Why didn’t he ask for separation if he was so in love? Why? Why? Why? Hmmmm, men! The thing just weak me! He even brought her into your matrimonial home?! Ahhh God! It’s just doing me like it’s me it happened to. Shey they gave advice for side chicks yesterday and some people were saying we’ve all been side chicks. Shey this na una work? Are guys glad with the pain you’re causing another woman. Well to that lady and her likes,just know God cannot be mocked. For every tear you’ve made married women(those with clean hands) shed, you’ll look for cry and you won’t find. For every sleepless night you’ve caused women your eyes would be wide open and they won’t shut. Ask God for forgiveness and He would forgive but just know the wicked would never go on punish. Temi’s husband, well done! What you don’t realize is that as you’ve embarrassed and disgraced her, you have done double to yourself. Because two shall become one and you’re one with her. To the men like him do not allow the wrath of God in your lives. You men better be careful. Oga Temi, you better receive sense and do what is right.You brought a strange woman to disgrace your wife in her matrimonial home?! Chai! People really think God is dead.Gosh! I’m just weak. I can’t deal. Temi I’m so sorry I digressed, please take care of yourself. You’ll be very fine. Report to both families, please. Let an elder intervene. I’ll put you in my prayers.

• Tunmi

April 6, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Témi í wish you the best. But you @Christ Have mercy rained all those curses on the woman and reserved this two-sentence but for the man.
      “To the men like him do not allow the wrath of God in your lives. You men better be careful.”

HE caused her the greatest pain not the other woman. HE caused the disrespect and only HE should be receiving the brunt of your words. You directed all this not at the man who promised to be faithful, not at the man but at the woman. Right because the almighty penis will always be more valuable
      “For every tear you’ve made married women(those with clean hands) shed, you’ll look for cry and you won’t find. For every sleepless night you’ve caused women your eyes would be wide open and they won’t shut. Ask God for forgiveness and He would forgive but just know the wicked would never go on punish”

11. ijedimma

April 5, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Good tips though……but seriously everyone has turned marriage counselor. Una dooo

12. Carina

April 5, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Have a shape like Jennifer Lopez, dance like Beyonce and be tall like Agbani Darego, men will still go outside and chase after a woman with a catlyn Jenner’s face, boobs and manly strong Ass!
    Women should dress sexy, crazy, provocatively because they want to look good for their selves. Be admired not only by your hubby.

ckjacob.com

• Md

April 5, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Stop deceiving yourself, dress provocatively. . For who?

13. Enn

April 5, 2016 at 1:19 pm

why is it always “women do this & that” I’ sick and tired of hearing & seeing stuffs like this…What about what WE need, nobody cares about that abi?
    It’s high time Men are told stuffs to do that’ll make us happy.
    The cheating among men is soo rampant, they don’t even care if we find out these days..I don’t hear/see anyone addressing that as frequently as this over-flogged issue.

14. Lalamiya

April 5, 2016 at 2:11 pm

@ Temi, e-hugs darling. You need someone that your husband respects or hold in high esteem to speak to him cos it’s clear he has no regard for you, that’s why he brought his girlfriend home and raised his hands on you. May God direct you.

15. Nma

April 5, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Can i have Dr. P number, pls?

16. Tosin

April 5, 2016 at 5:09 pm

history repeating.

17. PD Young Billionaire

April 6, 2016 at 4:32 am

So sorry Temi.Be strong.It was wrong and disrespectful that your hubby cheated and even brought the lady home.I pray God heals your heart.
    Since you guys have been together for a long time (i.e dating+marriage) and he has never cheated on you before (I assume),I ll suggest you go for counselling.

18. tyra

April 6, 2016 at 1:27 pm

@Temi, u try…if I were u, I wud be seeing a divorce lawyer now. he cheated on u, brought her home and then hit you??? That does it for me. I hope u realize u wasted those years on a shameless fool like him. Get a divorce and move on. He doesn’t love or respect u. No point staying with him. Girl, go find a good divorce lawyer.

19. The real dee

April 6, 2016 at 8:48 pm

It really won’t be a bad idea if someone can post something on how to satisfy a woman and how men can keep a marriage.

The reason marriages break apart is this over-emphasis on what women must do. A man also has a part to play.

BN, you guys too can be lopsided in your posts, you know all this’ women this, women that’ articles generate traffic and cause men bashing. Please post for men too, let them read.
    I’ve heard too many men complain that women are so complicated and they don’t know how to please a woman. I am a woman and I admit hormones can make me act crazy sometimes but I’m not beyond being pleased and I know many women are not too.

So, BN start posting more articles on “1000 ways to please a woman”, “10 ways to satisfy your wife”, etc.