Scoop

Vogue.com profiles Eku Edewor’s Style!

BellaNaija.com

Eku-Edewor-April-2016-BellaNaija 0002

Now the whole world knows what we have always known – how fashion forward the lovely Eku Edewor is! Vogue.com recently features their 16 favorite looks from the talented TV Host & Actress’ daring style.

Here’s what they had to say about Eku’s style:

Edewor is one of the most prominent—and stylish—faces on Nigerian television.

And about that style—Edewor is known for her love of color and pattern, with a penchant for high-drama wares from African labels like Sophie Zinga, Bubu Ogisi, and Lisa Folawiyo. On occasion, she’ll throw on an understated black gown, but most days she keeps things bright and bold, working Ankara fabrics and mixed prints into styles that complement her petite frame.

Whether she’s wearing a gilded Roberto Cavalli jumpsuit; oversize, fringed Maki Oh mini dress; lace-embellished Matthew Williamson slip dress; or the rare dressed-down combo of plaid shirt and drawstring pants, Edewor keeps her signature sense of style intact—and we think fashion is a little brighter for it.

Eku’s style is timeless as seen in these photos selected by Vogue;

01-eku-edewor 02-eku-edewor 03-eku-edewor 04-eku-edewor 05-eku-edewor 07-eku-edewor 14-eku-edewor 15-eku-edewor
Read up the full feature here

Photo Credit: Instagram /Eku Edewor

1. BeYOUtifull

April 27, 2016 at 8:27 am

I love the last picture, go Eku

2. Ezinne Osuagwu

April 27, 2016 at 9:15 am

Eku has timeless style, I love how she works boxy silhouettes. This is definitely well deserved

3. Que

April 27, 2016 at 9:19 am

I like how this girl chose Nigeria as her country to her advantage. The truth is if she was in Britain she would just be lost in the sea of media people being biracial. Smart girl

4. Nene

April 27, 2016 at 9:55 am

I think her style is great and it doesn’t look forced like other people

5. Tina

April 27, 2016 at 10:24 am

Not bad

6. Californiabawlar

April 27, 2016 at 10:25 am

Haters will say it’s photoshop (fr)…?
    #inbeforethehaters
    #passingby
    #insonmia?

7. Prince

April 27, 2016 at 10:31 am

The last pic is everything. Nice one

8. Nini

April 27, 2016 at 10:33 am

Eku is easily one of the most stylish celebrities in Nigeria. Her style is so effortless and chic. She’s a clothes horse also. Clothes sit well on her frame. Go Eku ???

9. Josephine

April 27, 2016 at 11:14 am

Eku is beautiful and stylish and I also want to give credit to the writer, Janelle Okwodu. I don’t think its coincidental that Wizkid, Toun Jolaoso and now Eku Edewor are making Vogue.com. Janelle and maybe other Nigerian staff are obviously well-respected at work and are using that influence to put their fellow Nigerians on the map. I love it.

10. EH

April 27, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Good for her. But she personally knows the writer (who is Nigerian). It’s about connections at the end of the day. I think they could have found better pictures of her and not used her to fill a deadline quota for a writer’s column that doesn’t get many hits. I’d be more impressed if the article were an editor’s pick.

• mrs chidukane

April 27, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Ndi uwa. I’m sure she’s not the only one the writer knows and until the writer features all her friends, please perch.

She looks effortlessly chic as always. Go Eku!

• katrantzou girl

April 27, 2016 at 3:27 pm

You’re right. Janelle Okwodu (the writer) was instrumental in featuring Mayowa Nicholas and Victor Ndigwe on the site. Chioma Nnadi, another Vogue editor, also played a role in Maki Oh getting Vogue’s attention. Definitely not complaining, keep fly your home country’s flag.

• EE

April 27, 2016 at 10:04 pm

I’ve actually never met her or knew this was being written. In regards to your estimation of the writers worth as a viable source, this writer is approved by a credible platform, I don’t know what her aspirations are at Vogue, but everyone has to start somewhere. Give her a little respect, especially if she is Nigerian. No industry is easy…..Oh and I have been featured alongside my sister in Vogue Magazine, we got two pages!! although it was a few years ago, its still exciting…..I have a copy lying around somewhere.

11. Baby gurl

April 27, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Bruno where are you??! Need your thoughts on this lol. Anyways, My Eku is forever a slayer! U go girl.

12. Lala

April 27, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Connections or not eku’s style is always on point she wears clothes well and it doesn’t seem forced and tacky, I love her. GO EKU!!!!!!!

13. Elvis Orji

April 27, 2016 at 7:43 pm

My design made to on Vogue.com! So Excited! Eku Edewor wearing the traditional attire was designed by Tehilla Nigeria.

• Skree

April 28, 2016 at 11:40 am

Well done and congratulations! You may want to use this opportunity to self-promote? Put out your contact information? Even if you don’t, congratulations still.. The outfit is beautiful.

14. Elvis Orji

April 27, 2016 at 7:49 pm

The 3rd photo selected by Vogue.com was made by Elvis Orji of Tehilla Nigeria. I made it on Vogue I guess.