BN TV

The Premiere Episode of “The Voice Nigeria” was AMAZING! Watch Now on BN TV

Who watched Episode 1 of “The Voice Nigeria“?
We did! We totally enjoyed it.

So since there is joy in sharing, check out the top auditions from last night’s show.
Tell us, who was your fave?

Emem sings ‘No be you’ / Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016

Tobore sings ‘If I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time’ / Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016

A’rese sings ‘Skyfall’ / Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016

Gabriel Songs sings ‘Jealous’ / Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016

Elizabeth sings ‘Price Tag’ / Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016

Vicky ‘I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing’ / Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016

1. Chiemeka Ugo

April 11, 2016 at 11:40 am

Wow I enjoyed watching all of them. These are raw talents. The competion would be a very though one. I like the girl that sang one of wajes song, followed by Vicky, the guy that kneeled down after his performance and then Vicky. But wait is this Vicky not the same girl that contested for naija sings some years back? With this glo naija sings should just back up or rebrand and be serious. Together with Nigerian idol and project fame. Well project fame is still my favourite but the other ones are just silly jokers. My new found tv show #thevoicenigeria

• Taiwo

April 13, 2016 at 12:36 pm

I particularly enjoyed Emem! She’s good!!

• Lizzyster

June 15, 2016 at 4:41 pm

She’s fantastic

2. NG

April 11, 2016 at 11:40 am

I watched it oooo! It was a boom.

3. NG

April 11, 2016 at 11:41 am

I watched it oooo! It was a bomb.

4. Tolu

April 11, 2016 at 11:47 am

Vicky all the way…..nice one

5. Trudy

April 11, 2016 at 12:16 pm

I loved this!!!!! I’m soo impressed

6. Angeles

April 11, 2016 at 12:24 pm

First of all I don’t understand how Pantorankin was selected to be a judge. I don’t get it
    Secondly,what’s with all the drama in begging contestants to join their team? They should taper down the play. Its becoming a bit childish.
    Overall,the contestants had amazing performances. Nigeria has got talented individuals.

• Queen Bee

April 11, 2016 at 1:12 pm

Maybe you should watch The Voice america and see Pharell and Blake Shelton fight for a singer or Usher and Christina Aguilera then you would understand what it really is about.

• Angeles

April 11, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Oh….
      The whole idea is to copy The Voice America?
      Ehya
      Please forgive me for thinking we wanted to reserve some form of originality.

• omaoma

April 11, 2016 at 1:54 pm

You should watch The Voice UK and see how Rita Ora and Will-I-am bicker over a singer, that’s the fun of it…..

• FABULICIOUS

April 11, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Angeles I believe when a country picks a franchise like this, You must work in accordance with the original. If it means you adopting their style as coaches, so be it ooo, just be entertaining. I have watched voice Philippines, Portugal and Australia and even Voice Kids and the hustle for contestants is real there too. Personally, i enjoy that seeing that part of the coaches as well.

• FinchleysFinest

April 11, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Mrs Angeles…watch all the other “The Voice” all over the world and then undo your comment lol.. welcome to the Voice lol

• Trish Burundi

April 11, 2016 at 6:41 pm

Even me, Angeles.. I got fed up with the stuff. They should have educated us the viewers to understand the process. Anyway the whole thing was fab

• Dee one

April 11, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Abeg stop playing the originality card and let loose, the show has a template that every country follows and that’s what makes it fun and makes it stand out from other singing shows. If you don’t like it, there are others to watch.

• banana

April 12, 2016 at 1:48 pm

Otondo Go watch The Voice (USA) and learn.

• FLAKKY

April 13, 2016 at 11:43 am

dats how d game roll. watch THE VOICE UK/US, just any other country.

7. Sandra

April 11, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Nigerians are talented though. Really incredible voices. I love it

8. Vicky!!!!!

April 11, 2016 at 12:45 pm

WOW!, such glorious sound from that tiny body! Awesome stuff, Vicky is my absolute fave!

9. yeni

April 11, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Different strokes for different folks though. I enjoyed the begging and pleading by the coaches. Loved the entire show….it was obviously well produced. Love that it’s not so serious and we get to see another side to these artists. I also had an issue with Pantoranking as a couch at first then I watched the show! Dude is funny and brilliant. Did anyone listen to him sell himself to Vicki the last contestant? Marketing of life. In fact I learnt a lot about how to sell myself to others and wrote down salient points.

In short brilliant show! Can’t wait for the next one!

10. lea valley

April 11, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Link to the official website please

11. yeni

April 11, 2016 at 1:09 pm

* coach

12. canadian igbo

April 11, 2016 at 1:11 pm

but wait what happened to omawunmi, bez, chee or praize being judges??? What is tuface or patoranking doing there??? No please. faillll! First off tuface does not sing he talks and he just has lyrics no vocal abilities, patoranking as well.

• CovertNigerian

April 11, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Thanks for the laugh. I was honestly tickled by your comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think it’s funny that you say Tubaba cannot sing. I don’t know how familiar you are with all of his music from more than a decade in the industry, but I’d like to believe that if you were really familiar with his work, you’d think differently very differently about his voice. The man is very talented but so are the folks you mentioned.

• nene

April 11, 2016 at 2:08 pm

2 face used to be a vocalist in the past. u should listen to some of his old songs. now he just talks cuz thats what sells, so he has every right to be there. i don’t know why patoranking is there but the others deserve to be there

• Oma

April 16, 2016 at 8:12 pm

If we wanna categorize according to judges with d vocal capacity to b on d panel, I’ll strike out patoranking and 2face,tubaba has d experience and techniques nt d VOICE. I was really hoping to see omawumi

• Bigfootinyourface

April 17, 2016 at 12:23 pm

I don’t know, but i think the criteria is not always the judge’s voice. i mean, THE VOICE UK for example, Will.i.am can’t be in the same league vocally with the other 3… I used to think the same of pharell (THE VOICE US), but his last two albums kinda proved me wrong

13. linda

April 11, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Please why didn’t any of the africa magic on go TV not show it? I’m confused

• mims

April 11, 2016 at 2:55 pm

It airs on African Magic Channel 153 @ 7pm Sunday.

• Dee one

April 11, 2016 at 10:52 pm

It aired on 151 and 153 yesterday 7pm

14. Somtoo

April 11, 2016 at 1:38 pm

i cant find a website for the voice on google. link pls. thnks

• Dan

April 11, 2016 at 9:37 pm

m.thevoicenigeria.dstv.com/videos

15. FABULICIOUS

April 11, 2016 at 1:45 pm

I enjoyed every bit of it. My favourite performance of the night has to be the hairstylist boy Gabriel. I think tuface, patoranking and Ik are there because of there endorsements with the sponsors Airtel. Secondly, i saw that Vicky girl of two past singing shows and was even a finalist who now goes by Victoria and i was like Child, please give it a rest. Let us please try to give new faces who can sing voting chance. I personally might not be voting for her unless its so obvious she is the only one who can sing at the end. Thirdly, Waje please stop with the team girl power biko. Look for another phrase to lobby contestants to your side abeg..I enjoyed Timi alot. I didn’t think i would. He is like the Adam levine of Voice US,Very vibrant. I will be watching.

16. s

April 11, 2016 at 1:52 pm

lol…..Nice voices….Patoran my guy my guy!!!…even a crocodile will sing and he will be jumping, as long as the crocodile shouts…he doesn’t even know a good singer.

17. beamer

April 11, 2016 at 1:54 pm

the girl who sang the skyfall song is amazing! That is raw talent begging to be tapped! I hope waje takes her so that the purtiy in her voice is retained.

• Bleed Blue

April 13, 2016 at 10:13 pm

She’s the main girl character from Wakaa The Musical!!! Loved her in the musical, love her in the Voice.

But wait, if Wakaa is going to London this summer…hmmm ?

18. Peaches77

April 11, 2016 at 2:02 pm

I’ve got to say that I was impressed! Stage was well done, sound was veeeeery clear (something I think has been terribly difficult for other Nigerian singing competitions). I even became a bit endeared to Waje whose songs i’m not very keen on.
    Great! I think i’ll be watching /recording.

19. nene

April 11, 2016 at 2:14 pm

fun show

20. FinchleysFinest

April 11, 2016 at 2:34 pm

I will watch now… but before i watch… Vicky should please stop going from one talent hunt to another… Personally I get tired seeing an act jump around . But then I can’t blame her, incredible talents don’t get noticed easily in nigeria where Pangolo music is hot cake.

21. Nice

April 11, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Plz can i get the official website

22. FinchleysFinest

April 11, 2016 at 2:46 pm

I take my words back…Vicky ….you have grown ..Jesus!!!

23. FinchleysFinest

April 11, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Project Fame is in trouble

24. GLORY

April 11, 2016 at 3:41 pm

THIS SHOW IS TOTALLY AWESOME

25. GLORY

April 11, 2016 at 3:43 pm

MY FELLOW NIGERIANS OO ABEG WHAT IS PATORANKING DOING AS A JUDGE ON THIS SHOW THIS IS NOT ” DANIELLA WHINE” O
    TEAM WAJE AND TIMI DAKOLO ALL THE WAY

26. Late bloomer

April 11, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Yeah that was what came to my mind too what will happen to project fame.I was not interested because patoranking will be a coach but with these comments let Mr go back and watch.

27. chi

April 11, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Yeah Vicky has been on different singing competition platforms but she has never won. She is young and talented. Uti went to big brother Africa twice, and won the second time big brother all stars. Sometimes victory comes when we are persistent. She has been persistent because she desires to be superstar maybe she has no one to sponsor her. Her voice is divine….

28. debbie

April 11, 2016 at 6:01 pm

official website is africamagic.tv/thevoicenaija

29. kk

April 11, 2016 at 10:31 pm

Emem is the absolute best!!

• ManuellaWilson

April 12, 2016 at 2:14 pm

thankyou her voice is powerful and she is so young !!

30. Dee one

April 11, 2016 at 11:01 pm

I watched the show yesterday and I must say I was not disappointed, I’m gonna be glued every Sunday and regarding patoranking being a judge, before the show started airing I was also surprised as to why he would be picked as a judge but after watching yesterday I must say I actually like him, he’s quite funny and I like his lobbying tactics. One more thing I see this show setting new standards for singing shows in Nigeria.

31. Tincan

April 12, 2016 at 12:16 am

What I’d like to know is which queue did I go on when talent was being distributed? What talent!

32. sika

April 12, 2016 at 3:10 pm

no offence. I really do not like stephanies south london accent. I really hate it,

Nigerians are a talented bunch! tubaba..much love for you

33. chi-e-z

April 13, 2016 at 1:29 pm

This show is going to be good.

34. Ifeyinwa

April 13, 2016 at 3:30 pm

the show is good.
    i enjoyed it a lot.
    for people complaining about the begging, thats the point of the blind auditions. the singers get to feel special and get to choose who they want to coach them. thats the fun part of it for me because the coaches fight to get the best singers on their team.
    anyways..
    looking forward to the rest of it.

35. Kunle

April 13, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Team Waje all the way. I cried listening to no be you

• Janice

June 15, 2016 at 4:38 pm

I swear Emem is amazing

36. Joy

April 13, 2016 at 11:55 pm

But vicky has contested for the show DJ switch won , I think it’s naija idol or maybe I’m just confuse ?

37. Bigfootinyourface

April 17, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Awesome blind auditions…. Can’t wait to see the battles

38. SKYLIFE

June 30, 2016 at 4:36 pm

I wish either cornel or chike wins. Cornel sings with the right passion for each song. Chike is a cute guy and sings with a great confidence and perfect gesture. God but Brenda is becoming a treat to all. That girl is wow

39. amma132

July 4, 2016 at 12:42 am

To all those who have said in one way or another that PATORANKING does not deserve to be a judge, compare him to his counterparts. Is it Davido or that illiterate Wizkid that would be a better replacement? TVN needs a fresh,young and vibrant guy and he is perfect?!

40. amma132

July 4, 2016 at 12:49 am

Love all the judges.
    Timi studied Music.
    Waje is the mother figure.
    Pato is just too fresh!
    2Baba is a living legend.
    Timi is my personal favourite.
    Great job all!?

41. amma132

July 4, 2016 at 12:52 am

Chike is soooooooo hot! He is so humble,handsome and his voice is heavenly. Made James Arthur sound like an amateur.