Scoop

“Who Died and Made You Uche’s Watchman” Actress Chioma Akpotha Pens Emotional Open Letter to Those Fat-shaming Uche Jombo

Chiom Akpotha and Uche Jombo 2

What a loyal friend Uche Jombo has in Chioma Akpotha? Following fans fat shaming Uche Jombo  (click here to see Uche’s reply), co-star Chioma Akpotha has come out to show her support to Uche Jombo.

Chioma’s recent post on Instagram details a very emotional letter supporting her friend and also calling out those who came on her page to continue fat-shaming Uche.

She wrote,

“Hello Everyone

I’m a bit emotional now but I’d try hard to drive my point home.
I took my last post down just like I did another one a few days back all beacuse of the bashing you all come to drop on my page for Uche.

Uche is this, Uche is that. “Ha! Is that Uche? I thought that was a panda” . “Uche take it easy o!, diabetes is around the corner” . “Uche, marriage has dragged u down.” And it goes on and on and on…. Why if I may ask do u sit behind ur laptops and ur phones and throw demeaning words at ur fellow human being? And to think most of these hateful comments come from women who I think are full of bitterness themselves cuz it is out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Who died and made you Uche’s watchman?
Did Uche tell u she doesn’t have a mirror in her house?
Did she tell she doesn’t know her dress size has changed?
Did she by any chance tell u Kenny is complaining ?
Did she beg u for money to buy slimming tea and she pocketed the money and bought chocolates instead?
Did u give Uche money to hit the gym but instead she pocketed the money and chose to sit at home and watch movies with bowls of caramel coated popcorn and a jumbo size soda?
?
Do u know how many pregnancies she lost before #BabyMatthew came?
Did u know whilst we were on a set, Uche was over 4mths gone with a baby she eventually lost? And that was not the only one? Do u then begin to think of the process her body has been through all these years?
Do u all not just want to be human or u just feel better when u put the other down?
What if @uchejombo were to be ur sister, aunt or some sort of relative, would u throw these kinds of comments her way?@okolimaureen @ckelzofficial ?

Let Uche be! She was never a #Darego
She has never been a slim person.
Different strokes for different folks.
The way lady A’s body reacts to the process of child bearing is different from that of lady B.

Life is too difficult as it is already why make it worse for the other person? To what gain?
#LetUcheBe ! Stop wasting ur time typing hateful comments #BeProductive. 1❤️”

Chioma Snap

chioma Snap 2

Chioma Snap 3

Photo Credit: Instagram/Chioma Akpotha

1. Zikky

April 10, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Actually, she shouldn’t have. While I understand the purpose of her “letter”, it just ended up sounding like these r some of the things that she actually wants to tell Uche herself Bt is hiding behind the “support” for her to say it. She could hv made her point without including a lot of those things she included, why reiterate the insults if she didn’t want to say them too bc some of us don’t follow her to know that she got these comments on her page. It’s now like her word against theirs. Oh well, @C-Bawler, I completely understand your frustration with this lot regarding their movie. They are doing a really bad job at publicizing the movie n seems there’s no one to caution them. At this point, i could care less about the movie, n to think I was enthusiastic abt it Bf. Smh

• Nne Umu Boys!

April 10, 2016 at 6:25 pm

I totally agree with you! I was thinking same while reading, you know like maybe she’s just saying what she really wishes she could tell Uche, all that diabetes talk… she may not have had such intentions but it came off that way

• pearl

April 10, 2016 at 6:40 pm

@ zikky oh please shut up!! U shud use ur brain b4 u talk. What do u mean by dats wat she meant to tell her since kwa if u hav a bitter heart against ur frend nd u use mediums like dis to tell her den dats U dnt start twisting d word of anoda. She didn’t speak Spanish it’s simple English. It’s even Uche dat is listening to u all if I were her I wud keep posting plenty pictures let it keep hurting ur eyes nd heart…. as if ur word counts

• Kadara

April 10, 2016 at 8:30 pm

When you see the pictures of those behind the nasty comments you will realize that you don’t even need to dignify them with a response. Shreks sit behind their laptops and insult beauty queens , it’s the internet that has allowed such.

• Stainless T

April 11, 2016 at 11:02 am

Word!!You said it all, Kudara??

2. Cheekie

April 10, 2016 at 5:08 pm

And who made you the Senior Advocate for Uche Jumbo ma’am? Did she tell you she can’t fight her own cyber bullying herself? What’s with the yeye epistle from mostly anonymous people.. And all this ranting is suppose to do what o,stop them from dropping comments on her weight? Lol

Chioma kindly take several seats and focus on your life… Uche will be fine and she can stand up for herself…It’s unfortunately the price of fame,if she can’t stand the heat,then she should drop the celebrity life and become a teacher..
    I personally don’t see anything wrong with her weight she has always been a big lady,all i would say she should dress for her new size…What she has worn of resent does nothing to flatter her body and she should employ Omoni Oboli’s natural hair stylist..Natural doesn’t mean tacky… Comfort(hope i got the name right) (Project Fame alumni) the musician signed under TY mix,is plus size and bigger than Uche,but girl can dress…She knows how to dress right for her size and she always looks fly….

• Missy J

April 10, 2016 at 10:32 pm

‘Immaculate’ you mean? That girl is just on point.
      One shouldn’t feel bad when they are called ‘fat’ (its not like they’ll feel bad when they are called ‘slim, lekpa, etc). They are all English words. Be comfortable in your skin but if you feel shamed then work towards achieving your body goals by either working out etc or eating chocolate depending on your goal.

3. Cheekie

April 10, 2016 at 5:10 pm

*Yeye epistle for mostly anonymous people*

4. Spunky

April 10, 2016 at 5:46 pm

And the bashing will continue…I bet more hateful comments will flow. Make una easy Ooo! Na person wife, mama, sister and friend una dey bring down. Personally, I don’t see the need for Chioma’s response.

5. Chai

April 10, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Chioma. Chioma. Chioma. I will say this in the words of Uche. “Don’t let the devil use you.” You have her number. Call her.

• african girl

April 11, 2016 at 8:50 am

Thank you! Her intentions may have been good but she disclosed some really intimate information and i really don’t think some of those comments were relevant. A few words straight to the point would have sufficed.

6. Pencil_makeovers

April 10, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Bold and beautiful. Uche jombo u are very beautiful just the Way you are. Don’t let anybody put u down. Chioma u are a true friend.

7. xplorenollywood.com

April 10, 2016 at 6:06 pm

But something has to be said to some of these cyber bullies epistle or not! I agree there’s a difference between haters and constructive criticism but when they turn up at once, they all seem like bullying! And bullying can lead to depression, we might come here and state that these celebs don’t need to respond to people but once u are overwhelmed with the same comments on a regular, hian! I hate to think of it, I know how I feel when I have expressed an opinion here and instead of being corrected the right way some1 decides to call me names, it is in no way or fashion cool! #makelovenothate!

8. Onyole

April 10, 2016 at 6:30 pm

Am going thru the same shit, unable to lose baby fat. It’s so unfortunate how pple see u and judge u differently becos u gat some meat on u. Despite all negativity around you girl, do what you can towards ur desired weight goal at ur pace and enjoy life. Good job on ur movie

• Lola

April 10, 2016 at 11:10 pm

My dear, you are BEAUTIFUL the way you are. Thinking about the miracle and the joy you brought into this world carries some process and the body changes along with it. This is just the sacrifice women pay to deliver their children, there is no rush my dear, take your time and enjoy your post delivery stage, and when you are ready, then you can make whatever decision you want to. But for now enjoy your journey and your child. Bless you jare

9. Idamz Raphson

April 10, 2016 at 6:33 pm

I tink u gals shld let Uche b, its her biz 2 dress d way she likes, d style n pattern dress she wants n d hair style she desires, y nt concentrate on urs? Its only wen u r jealous of sumfin n know u cnt b like dt person dt kip criticising as i kol it sumfin or sum1. So her frnd Uche z nt wrong hia. 1luv

10. Fola Coco

April 10, 2016 at 6:50 pm

The only way to not be cyber bullied is to completely stay off social media,not be seen on magazine covers,blogs,television,live on a farm with no internet,or develop thick skin….
    I love Wendy Williams she has someone who manages her social media, and she never claps back at anyone even when she reads comments herself.. And Wendy gets lots of insults by celebrities she talks about,from her followers on her looks(people have called her transgender,they have said she’s bleaching,she’s skinny,she got a nose job etc)…Very mean comments but Wendy stays calm…
    Filter out negative comments Uche,you are a grown woman,it hurts but it’s the price of fame.. You are giving power to the cyber bullies by clapping back always,and allowing the likes of Chioma fight your battle..Dust them off their opinion is irrelevant,the choice is yours,you either allow them control you,your happiness,mood,life etc or you stay strong..
    Truth is they won’t stop that’s the harsh reality..

Chioma you no try,this is not high school..You all are grown women with kids…Find a worthy cause to defend or write epistles on,like Aids,Senate throwing out gender equality bill,Rape,Child bride etc

• really??

April 11, 2016 at 1:08 am

Find a worthy cause to fight for? Really? It’s sad you don’t see her fighting for the mental health of another person as a worthy cause. We take the mental health of people for granted way tooo much in Nigeria, and when someone dies prematurely people would start putting RIP everywhere and talking about how friends didn’t try to help(like the situation with nomoreloss). She chose to be an actress but she didn’t choose to be bullied, it’s like saying a banker chose to be insulted by every customer who walks through the bank door. It makes little or no sense to compare her to Wendy WIlliams who bullies people for a living and is basically just getting back what she gives.
      I’m going through these comments and wondering how ppl have somehow managed to turn this into negativity. Some situations call for drastic measures and so when I read this all I see is someone telling people to put themselves in someone’s shoes before saying hurtful things to them. You can’t tell people how to react, some people laugh at being called fat while some others have committed suicide for being called fat.
      It’s disgusting how more than 90 percent of the comments on this post have ignored the real issue and are being ridiculously petty talking about who wrote the post and what not. Sometimes it’s essential for us to know all these details so we can actually know that in a lot of cases there’s more to these things than meet the eye and we can put ourselves in people’s shoes before sitting behind our screens and talking rubbish about someone.

11. Ela

April 10, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Please you guys should free Chioma, you don’t put one down cos you think they are celebrities and should be ready for any thing and besides do you even know if the whole fat issue is getting to Uche? We should learn to be kind and make our points without out rightly hurting other people’s feelings.

12. YesISaidShutTheFckUp

April 10, 2016 at 8:52 pm

You people are not bigger or more powerful than Beyonce or Genevieve Nnnaji.
    They get worse criticism and insults (including Bee whose own child was insulted and mocked for a year) – Yet you dont see them always complaining. They have grown thick skin and learnt the skill of ignoring haters.

You nigerian so called celebs should learn to do same and stop always trying to fight back. It makes you look ridiculous.

If you dont want to be talked about stay off social media and dont be in the profession called entertainment. SIMPLE.

Get the fk outta here with your constant whining and complaining. Learn from Beyonce or Genevieve Nnaji

13. Anonymous

April 10, 2016 at 9:05 pm

I’ve a sister that has gone from being regular size to overweight after child birth… She is trying but men the weight loss isn’t just happening. I try to be very supportive but when I see her dress sometimes I wonder if it’s the same person I’ve always known, it’s very sensitive for her so I’m really careful how I speak to her. When I hear the way my mum screams, I feel pain for her… She eats little.. Tries to work out but not as much as she shld and she has a business she runs. Cyber bullying isn’t good people, these celebs aren’t as thick skinned as we think they should be by now, I’m sure Uche is trying her best… Encourage her rather than Condem, it is painful.

14. nene

April 10, 2016 at 10:07 pm

the old women should gtfoh. you are not babies.

15. Me

April 10, 2016 at 10:12 pm

envious ladies with demonic influence to critise people i guys u guys r jobless sitting on ur phone and drinking panadol on someone headace mind your business stop expressing ur weekness ur just a Critic telling us ur jobless and envious of Uche….go get yourself business stop behaving like fowls…..Uche pass u guy Chioma pass u guys they r ur masters and u girls r just talkers who only wish u could be known like them face ur business leave them alone….envious people God pass una

16. bunmi

April 10, 2016 at 10:33 pm

this might be coming from a good place but she could have passed her message across without saying alot of things she mentioned here. it was really unnecesary to bring up the fact that she has had miscarriages before like its personal uche herself isnt going around shouting it what makes u think its okay to spread it all willy nilly. im sorry but chioma comes across as spiteful to me. besides all this fat talk is not that deep.some of us get it on the daily and we have no kids imagine how we feel!!!

17. Jasmine

April 10, 2016 at 10:46 pm

This may have made more sense coming from anyone else but Chioma. That chick is suspect and her rant does not come across as sincere. Im sorry. I am against cyber bullying as well and wish people would just leave Uche Jombo the heck alone. Haven said that, Chioma is not a good advocate for anyone. Her intentions are questionable. Her character, as described by people who know her, is bad. Her instagram “rant” reeks of insincerity. I mean for Christ sake did she have to include all those personal details about Uche??
    Uche dear abeg if you’re reading this please keep Chioma at arms length. The babe comes across as untrustworthy in my opinion.

18. Tee

April 10, 2016 at 11:20 pm

It is unfortunate that most of the comments on here are bashing Chioma. Firstly, all I see is a good friend who is hurt because her friend is being hurt and like good friends do, THEY HAVE EACH OTHER’S BACK! if you truly understand the meaning of friendship you’ll see that Chioma didn’t mean any harm to Uche; she is giving context concerning Uche’s situation so u all will understand that celebrity or no celebrity every one has their fair share of life woes so don’t make it worse. Yes Uche is a celebrity and suddenly she is less human??? Ugh I am so upset with how the world is turning today! But remember I promise you all that reek hate and judgement on others, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND and Trust me WHATEVER YOU SOW YOU WILL REAP!
    God bless you Uche and Chioma keep being amazing actresses! Love you plenty!!!

19. Kay

April 10, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Chioma is shady please! Did y’all see the picture she posted that warranted the comments? It was a really bad picture of Uche, she looked tired while Chioma looked really nice… If Chioma is really a good friend as she claims she shouldn’t have posted that particular photo or just cropped Uche out! All this long story giving us gist we don’t need to know ?

• jhennique

April 11, 2016 at 8:09 am

You monitoring spirits will find fault with everythimg. Try and get a life

• Omoté

April 11, 2016 at 10:23 am

Exactly! If she didn’t say a word, they will say ‘Ha! She just kept quiet and watched her friend being bullied’.

• Omoté

April 11, 2016 at 10:18 am

And if she had cropped Uche out, y’all wud av found something to complain about!

20. Lou

April 11, 2016 at 3:52 am

Chioma, did Uche tell you it was ok to make her personal struggles with miscarriages public knowledge? i think you took it too far…. That’s her struggle not yours, her story not yours to tell

• molarah

April 13, 2016 at 2:06 am

Maybe she added all that information, so that people will get it into their skulls that this is a human being, with challenges and struggles and all, that they are bullying. And how do you know Uche Jumbo is not okay with her sharing the information? Abeg, less panadol for another’s headache. Just get the point of her rant: stop the cyberbullying.

21. Lou

April 11, 2016 at 3:57 am

And yes I agree with Jasmine, Uche pls we are definitely against cyber bullying and as mothers we understand the changes that come with our bundles of joy but pls I’m begging you, if you read this post pls keep this Chioma lady at arms length…… I cringed as I read the post… She sounded just awful

22. Keechi

April 11, 2016 at 4:32 am

Why do I feel like this Chioma’s pen letter will annoy Uche more bcos I know I’ll be annoyed too. Some of the things she said definitely don’t need to be said…kind of like adding salt to injury…

23. dikeh

April 11, 2016 at 9:36 am

We have book knowledge and home knowledge…Chioma obviously lacks home sense. she had no reason to repeat the exact insults just to make her point. It felt very awkward reading this. her post is highly suspicious. doesnt feel right at all.

24. yolly

April 11, 2016 at 11:26 pm

Chioma some of us are not fools nd we actually understand English nd figures of speech….this ur support doesn’t sound right at all… u could actually make ur point known without bringing bck d insults nd d whole losing pregnancy ish…. mbok pple should learn to show proper love and stop all dis hiding behind others to still spread hate

25. nne steph