News

BellaNaijarians, Which Would You Rather Have: True Love or Millions?

BellaNaija.com

Telemundo

This is the dilemma identical twins, Leonardo and Perico, have to face!

Everything starts off as a game between these star-crossed brothers. Self-made millionaire, Leonardo decides to forgo his mansions, jets and swanky lifestyle to take on the life of his twin, Perico, who is an honest, cheerful ladies’ man engaged to the beautiful Paloma.

Things get very ugly when Leonardo falls for Paloma and suddenly, wealth doesn’t mean anything to him any longer. Perico now has to choose between the allure of his twin’s lavish lifestyle or fighting for the heart of his true love, Paloma.

Catch the action, intrigue and drama on Telemundo’s new show If Only I Were You. Tune in to Telemundo on DStv Channel 118 every weekday by 3:20pm and witness the drama as it unfolds.

With an impressive cast including Eugenio Siller, Danna Paola and Kimberly Dos Ramos, you know you’re in for a wild rollercoaster ride. This riveting telenovela kicks off on May 23rd so get ready and set your Explora to record every pulsating episode of If Only I Were You; only on Telemundo, DStv Channel 118.

The drama never ends on DStv.

____________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Content

1. 00

May 23, 2016 at 4:24 pm

I thought the ‘millions’ could buy you ‘true love’? Am i missing something

• Kadara

May 23, 2016 at 7:16 pm

What if money is one’s true love ?

2. Prince

May 23, 2016 at 4:26 pm

No romance without finance o. Millions biko. When you have the millions in dollars o not naira, love is always available

3. Fifi

May 23, 2016 at 4:27 pm

No salons for me during this time

4. lauraxx

May 23, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Who true love don epp? Millions….

5. CovertNigerian

May 23, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Nothing in the question suggests that choosing true love means poverty. The question doesn’t even specify currency. So give me a good woman, true love and $999,999 (or less) and I’m happy. Millions are great to have, but with the wrong woman/man even billions won’t help you.

6. @yorubadboi1

May 23, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Who love epp? Love killed Ronke, killed the Ibadan lawyer too and plenty other people! Money can epp me in more ways than one

7. Nefertiti

May 23, 2016 at 5:07 pm

Is it too much to ask for both? Ok, I want both.

8. Tolu

May 23, 2016 at 5:11 pm

True love from where? Naija guy or lady? I pray o

9. Teni

May 23, 2016 at 5:20 pm

This is a sponsored post but I pick millions.

10. Weezy

May 23, 2016 at 5:35 pm

True love.

And $45,000 salary a year. Seems doable to me.

11. onetallgirl

May 23, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Millions biko!! Dis poverty life is stressful o!

12. the real ibinabo

May 23, 2016 at 6:04 pm

Keep the millions, I choose true love and billions *wink*

13. Wahala

May 23, 2016 at 6:07 pm

It seems most people on here haven’t experienced life. I pick true love over millions any day. Experience millions in a loveless marriage and you may begin to understand the inadequacies of money. Money can not fill the void that true love can fill. Money cannot bring peace of mind. Money cannot buy joy or happiness. True love is priceless!!

I pray we all find true love. A love that will endure. A love that will make you millions!! Love first always. Even my bible says so.

• Just my 1 Cents

May 23, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Amen! I’m glad I’m not the only one that agrees with you. A lot of Nigerians will even attack you for your standpoint. The saddest part of it all is that a lot of those who chose money over love call themselves God believing “Christians”. This same people have the “poverty mentality” plaguing the society. The absence/presence of money will not change this mentality. Truly sad, but what can I say. Another man’s food may be another man’s poison.

• Ms. Lurve

May 23, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Many years ago, this would have been me. But LIFE and EXPERIENCE has taught me that sometimes it is better to pitch your tent to certainty in the case the millions than uncertainty in this case “True Love”. I can;’t speak for everyone but I can say that with the passage of time true love can sometimes become a lie and all the things you have given up in the name of love becomes a price too much to pay.

I’ll pick the money over love. At least I know that as long as I don;t buy a mansion I cannot afford in a neighborhood that isn’t for me the money is bound to outlive the “love” with the right kind of investment and of course blessings from God.

• bee

May 24, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Question
      How is true love uncertain and money certain?
      They are offering you both in certainty.
      There are no conditions. Either way its your choice. I like the commenter who mentioned the currency. It could be a useless currency don’t forget.

14. Ariere

May 23, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Many people here haven’t seen seen Big money that’s why they underestimate True love over it. Just enter a loveless marriage nd u will know how miserable ur life will become despite a billion dollar net worth.

True love will always triumphs over anything Money can buy. mony is man made, Love is transcends Life itself. Its not quantifiable, and can’t be fully comprehended. True love is bliss. I wish so much to experience it Cus its a truly beautiful thing.

Like my Driver who moves me around town, what he has with his wife is definitely true Love. The way she honors him, the way they talk on phone when she calls him up every 2 Hrs just to check up on him, packs his breakfast before he leaves to pick me up etc. Just the way they live their lives despite their limited resources is inspiring. Im even ashamed of what I pay him monthly but she treats her husband like a King nd he adores her!

I will never tell him this but in true sense of wealth, He is richer than I am and I envy him.

• savvy Sage

June 4, 2016 at 10:51 am

Ariere, I agree totally with you. At a point in my childhood, I grew in the midst of wealth, posh living but there was no happiness. When I grew up, I always attracted wealthy successful men but no happiness. I had to pray to God to give me someone who loves me, enough to live by and even give a little to others. And I thank God, I got my heart desires. The billions will always come and life is too short to pretend to the world

15. Anon

May 23, 2016 at 9:33 pm

True love…

16. Anon

May 23, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Ohhh I remember my 1st and only love…he lived in my family guest house….we were best friends….we loved each other so much..then he messed up….?I could not forgive..then I married my rebound guy wrong move…Rich,young and handsome..my greatest regret…money is not everything,I knew that though..Now I miss my ex everyday and he is very successful I wish I got true love only?

• Anon

May 24, 2016 at 7:21 am

H,mm, I feel your pains, am in same situation. I shouldn’t have let my try love walk away, now I am not on love and not really happy in my marriage.. What is left now is tring to save it.unfortunately, my ex am in love it is a also married and she seem happi.

17. Ethio

May 24, 2016 at 8:35 am

anon you were saying…? lol. that one true love that there is.. is the moola to take me to paris zanzibar, cologne and the forbidden city and a mansion in banana Island *drops mic*

18. MC

May 24, 2016 at 8:36 am

Isn’t that salary quite low…by the time rent or mortgage is out…
    That’s what, £31k…..

19. NIRA

May 24, 2016 at 10:56 am

I’m a Telemundo fan, watched the 1st episode of this new Telenovella yesterday and it seemed interesting. Will definitely follow up. Back to the question, I’d rather have the money.

20. tilly

May 24, 2016 at 11:04 am

see all these rich celebrity marriages crushing left right center. If its money that sustained the marriage would they want to come out of it?
    A bowl of vegetables with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate (proverbs 15:17)