Scoop

Banky W, Adesua Etomi, Richard Mofe-Damijo, Ireti Doyle, Sola Sobowale & More to Star in EbonyLife Films’ “The Wedding Party”

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

The Wedding Party

EbonyLife Films has announced the cast for its romantic comedy ‘The Wedding Party’. The movie directed by award-winning filmmaker and New York Film School alumni, Kemi Adetiba, will be in cinemas nationwide in December 2016.

Set in Lagos, Nigeria, ‘The Wedding Party’ is the story of Dunni Coker (Adesua Etomi), a 24 year old art gallery owner and only daughter of her parents about to marry the love of her life, IT entrepreneur Dozie (Banky W). The couple took a vow of chastity and is looking forward to a ground-breaking first night together as a married couple.

Alibaba and Sola Sobowale play the role of Dunni’s parents while Ireti Doyle and Richard Mofe-Damijo play Dozie’s parents. Other notable names in the stellar cast include Zainab Balogun, AY, Ikechukwu, Beverly Naya, Emma OhMaGod, Lepacious Bose amongst others.

‘The Wedding Party’ will take guests on a journey to the rockiest wedding day in Nigeria’s history. The wedding guests will have to take their seats and see whether the wedding planner succeeds or if the groom’s ex-girlfriends will disrupt the day’s proceedings.

Written by playwright, Tosin Otudeko and Kemi Adetiba, the original concept was conceived by Executive Producer, Mo Abudu and is an Elfike Collective Film – a collaboration of Africa’s leading film powerhouses – EbonyLife Films, FilmOne Distribution, Inkblot Productions and Koga Studios, respectively.

‘The Wedding Party’ is the second offering from EbonyLife Films after last year’s FIFTY.

See BTS photos below.

The Wedding Party Behind The Scenes EbonyLife Films BellaNaija (1) The Wedding Party Behind The Scenes EbonyLife Films BellaNaija (2) The Wedding Party Behind The Scenes EbonyLife Films BellaNaija (3) The Wedding Party Behind The Scenes EbonyLife Films BellaNaija (4) The Wedding Party Behind The Scenes EbonyLife Films BellaNaija (5) The Wedding Party Behind The Scenes EbonyLife Films BellaNaija (6)

1. Pretty Chick

June 27, 2016 at 11:53 am

Banky and Adesuwa look good together as a couple. #just saying

• Mq

June 27, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Right? They look perfect. I am looking forward to this

2. kenya

June 27, 2016 at 12:11 pm

This looks promising.

3. Yolanda

June 27, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Banky will make one handsome groom. And they both look so good together!!! Hope this is the BEGINNING…

4. lexie

June 27, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Hope this movie will be much better than that apology of a movie called Fifty. Fifty was all hype and very poorly written. Ebonylife concentrates on casting big names and top celebrities whereas the script, content and creative are zero.

• Mq

June 27, 2016 at 3:09 pm

50 was a good movie. The big names garner in viewers.

• tunmi

June 27, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Let’s be fair. Fifty was not the greatest in terms of writing but it was not as bad as you guys make it seem. It was an okay movie, but not horrible. At least give the technical work its due praise, it was beautiful to watch.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

June 27, 2016 at 5:01 pm

It was really beautiful to watch (we kept praising the cinematography throughout) but imma have to go with the opinion expressed above – I have no idea how anyone could have called that an actual movie. Sketchy script with an inconclusive ending… like gist you met mid-way through and then the gister gets up to leave before completing their story. All the actresses looked good though… but the story was forgettable.

Script-writing needs to get kicked up a few notches in Nollywood, now that we clearly have the technology to produce some great-looking movies (and music videos).

5. Prince

June 27, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Banky, i just like the guy, no drama, just doing his thing. Adesuwa, seems you’re liking my guy o. #goodtogether

6. Janee

June 27, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Awww they look good together. Star studded movie! Can’t wair

7. Janee

June 27, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Wait

8. bee

June 27, 2016 at 2:02 pm

yay!!!! Desola is back at BN 🙂

9. Cici

June 27, 2016 at 2:02 pm

This actresses in Nigeria are all fine no talent,this adesua girl has anyone seen her interpretation or expressions of her roles,anyone whose good looking and can read is considered an actress,even presenters are now actress stephanie cooker,sika wosei,and DAT other 53 extra skinny girl forgot her name,no one in Nigeria is taking the craft serious,real talents are just wasted everydae,but I guess if they wanted fresh faces n talent u will pik them up n dress dem to play the part not some skinny light skinned girl wit no talent ,acting is just standing looking pretty its believable its deep wen was da last time we da audience related to anything be it story or actors ,smh abeg

• Truth

June 27, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Adesua is a great Actress, she’s not just a pretty face. Go and get a copy of Knocking on Heavens Door her debut movie and see her raw talent in display. And there are quite a number of actresses with pretty faces and raw talent so do not generalize.

• Anonymous

June 27, 2016 at 9:31 pm

If you have no idea about something , you should just scroll and pass by. Adesua Etomi won the best Actress in a drama for the movie FALLING at the AMVCA 2016 this year and she’s not just a fine face, did I also mention that she came out with a first class honours in theatre arts? Google is your friend. Enough said. Enjoy.

10. uberhautelooks.blogspot.com

June 27, 2016 at 2:44 pm

With great actors like Ayo Shobowale, RMD, Ireti Doyle, this film is gonna ‘timba’

11. olajumoke

June 27, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Can Banky W and Adesua marry already??? I like them together… #justsaying#

12. Cece

June 27, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Never seen Banky W act so I’m looking forward forward to this and hope we can get to watch it online. But to me they don’t fit as a real life couple..well that’s just my opinion, anyway.

13. Cynthia

June 27, 2016 at 6:38 pm

Guys common!!! Take a chill pill! Fifty was a great movie. We Nigerians have to start appreciating what we do and stop talking trash. If we don’t encourage each other who will. Yes it is ok to share your options but I will say before talking shit let’s be positive in our thinking,. As for those saying Adesuwa isn’t a good actress go and do your own now. BAD BELLE PEOPLE ……. this wedding party will be on fire. I AM REALLY HOPEFUL!!! BELLA POST MY COMMENT NA

• NationalSquirrel

June 28, 2016 at 8:13 am

You mean “come on”?
      Cynthias always dumb –

14. Naomi

June 27, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Cynthia I so agree with you. FIFTY is not a bad movie. I’m not one who likes nollywood films but FIFY was quite enjoyable and promising. There are so many foreign movies that are inconclusive e.g Prisoner. And moreover we can stay here and bad mouth others but honestly they’re famous and living their dreams…who knows you? #FoodForThought

• Mz Socially Awkward...

June 28, 2016 at 12:58 pm

*Deep sigh*… It’s always back to this silly, asinine argument of “who knows you”… Who cares about who knows anyone and who’s living their lives (except for you, the obviously concerned person in the room)? If the producers of movies want to make motion pictures to only be enjoyed by people who are “known”, why the hell are they selling tickets to the “unknown” masses??

My goodness, sweet-pea, think (put the brain to work) and attempt to find a more rational response to arguments before hitting the bottom of the barrel and emerging with “who knows you”. The slowness of that approach isn’t working to your advantage … And if movies aren’t meant to be critiqued, they shouldn’t be released and sold for our entertainment – it’s actually quite simple.

15. Abdul

June 27, 2016 at 8:58 pm

I admit. I didn’t wanna watch Fifty at first. But I’m glad I did. I watched it twice actually. Besides the movie is winning awards. Ebonylife is on the right track. And I believe this movie will be a hit too.

16. nunulicious

June 27, 2016 at 10:26 pm

If it’s not Etomi adesua, dear future bride of banky W, I don’t envy you at all. They look so good 2geda.

Fifty cinematography was excellent. But is the Lekki Ikoyi Link bridge the only symbol for the state? I was amazed at the lengths the producers of Fifty went to obliterate all traces of the real Lagos. Not even BRT buses made the cut! Love your own Nigeria, tell your true story.

17. Cynthia

June 28, 2016 at 9:38 am

@NationalSquirrel Grammar teacher! Thank you oh. But you didn’t have to act retarded now. So yeah I made a mistake… It still doesn’t change the fact that my message was passed across. I suggest next time if someone makes an error, kindly correct the person and you do not have to generalize you dimwit. enough Said!!!

18. DeeMoney

June 28, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Hahahahaha. Jokes, Mz Socially Awkward I hope you know there’s a big difference between demeaning people and sharing your option. Thank God we do not have the likes of Bruno here.

19. Oko Rolake

June 28, 2016 at 6:48 pm

DeeMoney and Cynthia must be siblings…loooool…It’s ‘opinion’ not ‘options’. Anyways, I think FIFTY was a more than decent movie. I must also give it to EbonyLife for the way the movie was promoted…The premieres in London and Lagos were top-notch.

20. Oko Rolake

June 28, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Ahnahn Aunty Bella, you didn’t post my comment :'( I will try again…….DeeMoney and Cynthia must be siblings…loooool it’s ‘opinion’ and not ‘option’ guys. I believe FIFTY is a more than average movie. I also like the way Ebonylife promoted the movie. The premieres in London and Lagos were top-notch. Anyways…The wedding party will be a hit…I’m very sure about it. Please Post 😀

21. Husband of 'Lami

June 28, 2016 at 7:48 pm

22. core

June 29, 2016 at 12:14 pm

*asinine

23. ojomo olu

January 3, 2017 at 4:15 am

Where can you get to watch this movie, irokotv.com don’t seem to have it