Music

Cool – Nigeria Info OAPs “Femi and the Gang” have Public Fallout over Unpaid Salaries, Land Rover & More

femi_01

“Femi and the Gang” is one of the more popular Nigerian Sports Shows airing on Cool FM, Wazobia and Nigeria Info Networks and it was quite the surprise when the head of the gang Femi Obong-Daniels, tweeted the”sack”of 3 members of the team – Deji, Okon and Fiona.

Hours after he posted his tweets, Deji Faremi and Kelechi Nkoro (another ex-member of the team) opened up on twitter on what went down.

We’ll start with Femi’s tweets:

femi 1 demi 2 femi 3 femi 4 femi 5

Kelechi Nkoro then came on twitter to address issues raised my Femi Obong-Daniels…

kele 1 kele 2 kele 3 kele 4 kele 5 kele 6 kele 7 kele 8 kele 9 kele 10 kele 11

Deji Faremi, also came to corroborate Kelechi’s story

Deji Tweets 1 Deji Tweets 2 Deji Tweets 3 Deji Tweets 4 Deji Tweets 5 deji 1 deji 2 deji 3 deji 4

Photo Credit: Twitter/ Deji Faremi/ Femi Obong-Daniels/Kelechi Nkoro

1. Gemonyi

June 16, 2016 at 7:06 pm

I really used to enjoy listening to Femi and the gang especially when they started I think 2011. 2016 the year of DRAMA!!!

2. Ojie

June 16, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Doesn’t anyone understand the meaning or value of ‘discretion’ ‘confidentiality’ or not spreading your dirty laundry outside anymore?

• Hey

June 16, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Please chill with the sermon. People like you annoy me. These guys just lost their jobs plus they’ve had to endure being played for a long time. Their former boss just lied on social media and they shouldn’t refute it because of the ‘value of discretion’ or whatever you call it. Mtschew.

• Engoz

June 16, 2016 at 9:14 pm

I know right. That ‘dirty laundry’ quote has been misused to epic proportions. Time to kill it.

• Silence culture

June 16, 2016 at 11:35 pm

Lol what’s with Nigerians and silence. Silence in abuse from politicians, teachers, colleagues, bosses, spouses. And when the victim speaks up they are blamed for being victims and told to forgive by force. Just look around you (if there’s light where you are) and ask yourself: “who silence don hepp?”

3. Paul Adeyemo

June 16, 2016 at 8:18 pm

So they should suffer in silence abi, you are a bloody coward that is why Nigeria politicians will always treat you disdain.

4. Xiomara

June 16, 2016 at 9:01 pm

I will be deeply disappointed in femi obong if these allegations turn out to be true.
    I’ve followed the gang for the longest longest time .
    its certainly painful… you guys won’t be out of jobs forever cos I’m sure some media houses are waiting to snatch you people up.
    but mehn, uncle Femi…I’m dissapointed
    wow…you never really know people.

• Mina

June 16, 2016 at 9:31 pm

The man is a shark! That’s the problem with Nigerian bosses – greed!! If not, Why would a man like Dokpesi be owing his staff months of salary and then fire them for complaining!
      I feel so sorry for the gang. They and not Femi made that name! Listen to most of their shows, Femi is hardly ever there. Yet he prances around like the King of the manor collecting deals and spending money solo. God will judge you and ALL wicked bosses in Nigeria! Amen

5. Bunmi

June 16, 2016 at 9:27 pm

I’m sorry.. Who are these people again?

• WTF

June 16, 2016 at 10:07 pm

yet you commented gerrarahia mehn for real

6. just Saying

June 16, 2016 at 10:09 pm

next time don’t bother reading.. gerrarahia mehn for real

7. Papacy

June 16, 2016 at 11:01 pm

If this is true, Femi fall hand big time. In this Buhari regime? Wey efcc?

8. Tosin

June 17, 2016 at 12:40 am

This is serious. and seriously entertaining. is this a new line of work? like the future of Shakespeare / Ogunde or something ?

9. Seal

June 17, 2016 at 7:51 am

All these bosses self. I wonder why they like cheating those who work so hard for them. If likes of femi and oga ait can do that I would say my oga patapata of solo phone is worse. For months now we are yet to get our salaries,no pension etc Yet we keep shofring and shmiling I tire.

10. MsLily

June 17, 2016 at 8:31 am

I saw this coming. My friend that is in the gang told me about what was happening but i didn’t know it was this serious. Na wa o.

11. Zeeebby

June 17, 2016 at 9:46 am

GREED SHA….. the level of greed I see in this country is alarming…. people cant just be fair….SO WICKED. Someone told me recently of a big media firm that got a 24 million contract and after months of work, they paid their footman 25k… this person did all the work oh for three months….day and night!

12. thewickedone

June 17, 2016 at 11:19 am

femi femi femi how many times have i called you. you have carried this your ibadan politics to lagos. you are a cheat and may God punish you for constantly cheating people. its a poor mans mentality to always use money meant for people to fund your personal things. i think that femi and the gang name should be dissolved. let everyone stand alone. you have used it so much to connive with brands and marketers to rip your peers off. they even know the profession way better than yo do. why take it all?. you are still the weakest in the pack. dissolve that name. stand alone

13. Thewicked one are you ok?

June 17, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Why the insult on theloving people of Ibadan?Don’t you know the same song that you sing in praise of someone,can also be used to abuse him?
    Don’t be too fast to pass judgment,when a man his angry,after losing his job,a lot of misyarning can come out from is mouth.
    Especially after assuming wrongly that Femi could have done more than he did.

14. Beckie

June 17, 2016 at 6:20 pm

Aww Femi and the Gang!
    Bet why would u do this Femi! This guys were like family to you.. No Kelechi Nkoro no FATG, no Deji… i really miss u guys so much…. i listened to sports commentary bcos of u guys..,

15. Elenu

June 17, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Solo phone? I hope it’s not that chinko phone that gave iyanya millions of naira and a brand new jeep worth millions of dosh back then? Hahahaha they’re now drinking the garri? Shame. On the other hand femi and the gang will not be the same again just like cutting the branches of a free. Femi whyyyyy?

16. Iyanda

June 19, 2016 at 10:31 am

I know to a large extent what those guys go through.The group of companies they work for is full of hideous criminals.Everything these guys have said is gospel truth.You can’t doubt their commitment and passion…they’ve been treated rather unfairly.

17. Bisoye

June 22, 2016 at 2:05 am

My car radio is constantly on 99.3 just because of Femi and d gang,but Femi f- up o.

18. prosperazzi

June 27, 2016 at 9:54 am

This is really bad if it turns out to be true little wonder why I have not heard the TRO member. A workman deserves his…

19. Charles Ijeh

July 9, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Jeep instead of honor !!! Guess that’s the Main way.

20. Fso

July 25, 2016 at 11:51 pm

I came here out of curiosity, wanting to know where K1 is. Reading through, I sensed some inconsistencies in Femi’s tweets -admin downsized and then employed new hands? Hmm.
    Sad if those guys worked without signed agreement, otherwise, why not go to court? #myrespect4F.O.Ddwindles

21. debo afolayan

January 30, 2017 at 9:30 am

Please help with the song mama Africa!