BN TV

Curious about Edo State First Lady Iara Oshiomhole? Watch her EXCLUSIVE Interview

Iara Edo StateShe’s obviously beautiful and she’s married to one of the most powerful men in Nigeria, perhaps that’s why many are fascinated by Iara Oshiomhole.

The First Lady of Edo State married Governor Adams Oshiomhole in 2015 and since then Iara has made the headlines for her charity work in her home state.

She rarely grants interviews so it’s interesting to get a glimpse into her life on this episode of Channels TV‘s Metrofile. Watch below or read excerpts.

Her name
She clarifies that her name is “Iara” (pronounced eeyara)

On Adapting to the Nigerian Way of Life
Iara says she is African as well so it was easy to adapt. According to her, Nigerians are all about family and in Cape Verde where she is from, it is the same.

Languages
Iara’s first language is Dutch.

On if she experienced Culture Shock in Nigeria
She says “no” as she had been travelling a lot (she was a flight attendant), therefore, she had been exposed to various cultures. She also mentions that Nigerians are “warm”, accepting and make you a part of their family.

On eating Nigerian Food
She loves plantains. She doesn’t eat pepper though she is learning.

On cooking Nigerian Food
She says “Not really” when asked if she had learned to cook any Nigerian food.

Support
She receives tremendous support from women in Edo State.

On the work she does
She works with the youth, orphanages, IDP camps and many other charitable initiatives.
They are currently renovating the orphanages.

On the IDP Camps
She got emotional as she talked about wanting to do so much but not being able to do everything for the people there. She says she and the people of Edo State are trying their best.

Fashion
Her favourite colour is pink, she does not like a lot of jewellery and she loves to be comfortable.

On Gov. Comrade Adams’ Evolving Style
She accepts that she may have influenced his style evolution but says she does not choose his clothes.

On Gov. Adams at Home
Iara says he is very calm, he’s a loving father to his children and does not take any political fights home. She ends by saying he’s a loving husband.

We also see Iara and Gov. Adams enjoying previous moments together along with her beloved pet dog Sardine.

Photo Credit: Instagram – @iaraadamsoshiomhole

1. Weezy

June 13, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Does she say what attracted her to him? What is it about Adams that made her want to marry him?

• FasholasLover

June 13, 2016 at 10:21 pm

U are wicked?

• Tina

June 13, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Really don’t understand why I love this girl. Maybe because I feel she’s genuine

• Jade

June 13, 2016 at 11:30 pm

She seems genuine. And I love how she’s involved, so she’s more than just being pretty.

• Gyasi

June 13, 2016 at 11:43 pm

You people r mumu don’t forget osho is a politician wit bullion van of money… He doesn’t need your fyn boy.

• Osa

June 14, 2016 at 12:37 am

Saw her at one function a few weeks ago. mehhn, she is as skinny as a twig. she is like twice herself on camera/ in photos. When I say skinny , I mean her thighs are like some people’s size 12 arms.

Face is very beautiful though. Una doo o. I hail my first lady. oshio baba una try

• Californiabawlar

June 14, 2016 at 7:04 am

I met Oga Adams at a ‘casual’ setting like 7years ago. I have to say he was quite charming, spoke eloquently and smelled really nice.
      But shrugs…what do I know?
      #whenarichn*ggawantsyou #andalltheseboysoutherehavebecomedemons #wholoyaltydonepp? ?

• Kudos

June 14, 2016 at 9:03 am

I watched the interview last week and realized how easy it is to assume or judge a person based on our expectations.

During the whole interview, the part she was most passionate was when talking about the projects she is doing at the IDPs and others, she is no airhead and seems to be quite level-headed actually. She is not sitting flaunting bags and shoes on instagram. Kudos to her.

2. Bb

June 13, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Ok

3. Caligula

June 13, 2016 at 10:16 pm

She’s so beautiful, i love her gentleness. Her accent is so lovely! 🙂

4. hahaha

June 13, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Jazzified Fine Babe
    the day the jazz will wear off her blind eyes

5. Linda

June 13, 2016 at 10:27 pm

if an edo man wants you. Sorry but you have no way out
    He will find ANY ways and means to get you.
    Quite Sad. Edo Land of unprecedented Jazz

• Please don't spread lies

June 13, 2016 at 10:42 pm

Please that’s serious rubbish you are typing. I am from Edo state, born and bred, apart from the old days when people put pots of Jazz at junctions which has to do with beliefs, we are not into jazz. Edo state is one of the most diverse and friendly state in Nigeria. Benin women are hardworking and the men love and respect their wives

6. Nyanga di sleep

June 13, 2016 at 10:34 pm

“The Lion and the Jewel.”

• ATL's finest

June 13, 2016 at 11:02 pm

Chai Una self. A lot of your will marry her if Osho Baba let go mtchew! Beauty is in d eyes of the beholder. She’s too hot & will give Angelina Jolie a run for her money.

7. Tony

June 13, 2016 at 10:35 pm

Osho baba… You no fit open door for babe??

8. Oluwatobi

June 13, 2016 at 10:37 pm

She dazzles.. Epitome of beauty

• good girl

June 14, 2016 at 3:23 am

Tell me about it! She has that type of beauty people used to fear back in the day; mami water kind of beauty.. totally gorgeous

9. le coco

June 13, 2016 at 10:49 pm

She is so cute.. she is very well spoken.. even though she struggled a bit with sm of the words but obviously English isn’t her first language.. she seems like a lovely person.. I am sure that with time that rigidity of being prepped for media will go away, and she will. converse more effortlessly… I must say tht her impact is very much felt.. We see the work she is doing.. Keep it up…

10. lola

June 13, 2016 at 10:55 pm

They asked her less annoying and sexist questions than they asked Folorunsho Alakija. Damn Nigerians clearly don’t rate our Forbes woman then. Why? Was she the only one that made money from an oil bloc? She was also born into money, so what gives

11. Seun

June 13, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Osho baba,the comrade governor,eating better since after the death of his first wife.

12. Cynical

June 13, 2016 at 11:08 pm

I’m not even sure what to say. She sounds like a sweet,gentle soul but what is she doing with oga Adams??? Something just seems amiss. Let’s watch and see I guess esp now that oga Adams work is finished in Edo.BTW,that hand holding at the end……AWKWARD…..

13. The Bull

June 13, 2016 at 11:32 pm

Beautiful woman!!

14. Diva

June 13, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Sardine ko Geisha Ni

15. Chi

June 13, 2016 at 11:50 pm

I watched this the other day and loved it . She’s beautiful and her personality is very warm and inviting. I love that she’s dedicated to her work. Lovely lady .

16. Bola

June 14, 2016 at 12:12 am

Kinda reminds me of Angelina Jolie…

• ReeRee

June 14, 2016 at 2:34 pm

I knowwwww! The exact same thing i said!!!!

17. lifeisbeautiful

June 14, 2016 at 12:43 am

Having met her before she really seems like a sweet person. Always well poised to perfection (in a bit of an uncomfortable way)

18. akua

June 14, 2016 at 1:46 am

Money Swine….

19. akua

June 14, 2016 at 1:49 am

She is doing a great job though

20. nene

June 14, 2016 at 2:14 am

she’s pretty, but i dont see this lasting. towards the end of the video, why couldnt she walk properly?

21. madam no name

June 14, 2016 at 3:18 am

beautiful woman! So happy she hasn’t turned out to be what most of us thought she was when we saw the wedding photos. She seems to have a heart of pure gold, her works precede her.. reminds me a lot of Angela Jolie. May God reward your good works Iara

22. benbend foot

June 14, 2016 at 4:30 am

@nene… Maybe her shoes be dey pain her.

23. Catherine

June 14, 2016 at 5:46 am

@ Nene; she was probably wearing pencil heels hence the struggle walking on grass. I wish she and her husband nothing but the best of Gods grace as they carry out their purpose driven life. And in Jesus mighty name, their marriage will not only last, but be a source of light to other marriages out there.

24. Dee

June 14, 2016 at 8:01 am

She seems like a really nice lady. God bless her.

25. Sarah

June 14, 2016 at 11:37 am

All I pray Lord, “May I never build for another to inhabit, may I never plant for another to reap”. Every time I read about Oshiomole, Pastor Funke Adejumo’s message just crops up in my mind. Wishing them the best.

26. Ms. B.

June 14, 2016 at 8:28 pm

@ Sarah,
    Yes!! I think about that all the time too. Great prayer my sister!
    I was at a prayer Conference in Houston when Pastor Adejumo made mention of it…
    Another will not take our place when it’s time to enjoy all our labor over our children and husbands in Jesus mighty name (Amen!)

27. IYARA

June 15, 2016 at 4:13 pm

GOD BLESS

28. Omonu

June 20, 2016 at 3:38 pm

She’s pretty, how would she marry that nerd face, or because he’s a governor? That suck

29. TEMI TOPE

July 14, 2018 at 8:40 pm

SO MUCH LIES LIES… CAPE VERDIANS AND MOZAMBICANS .. DON’T CONSIDER THEMSELVES AFRICANS.. THEY ARE THE MOST RACIST PEOPLE LIVING ON THE AFRICAN CONTINENT. I WAS ON MISSION IN BOTH COUNTRIES.. MOZAMBICANS AND CAPE VERDIANS ARE VERY WICKED AND DON’T LIKE AFRICANS… SHE IS PRETENDING.. BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY SHE LIVES IN NAIJA.. AND CAN’T SAY SHE IS WHITE.. THEY DON’T CONSIDER THEMSELVES AFRICANS ..BUT RATHER WHITE.. PLEASE, GO TO MOZAMBIQUE OR CAP VERDE JUST FOR 1 DAY.. YOU WILL BE DISGUSTED..

30. cleod

July 17, 2018 at 4:53 pm

I concur , i grew up there too, when people in Lagos mention Edo as jazz bla ba. I just wonder where they got that from. I am Igbo by tribe i still see Benin as home . If they like you they would treat you as part of their own.