Relationships

“I Want More Joy, I Want More Happiness” Paula Patton Opens Up About Moving On After her Robin Thicke Divorce

Paula-Patton-June-2016-BellaNaija0001

Nearly two years after her divorce from musician, Robin Thicke, Paula Patton is opening up about their divorce being so public.

In an interview with People, she talked about life since her divorce and moving on…

“I don’t think you can control that,” Paula told People. “You just keep living your life and have faith that everything sorts itself out. Be patient, I’m learning that later in life it’s like, ‘All in due time,’ and the real goal is to find joy in the right now. Focusing on what I have right now is really good and not be concerned with things I can’t control: How other people see me, what they say, it’s wasted energy for me and it’s never done me any good.”

“It’s not that it’s every day, you fight for it,” she says. “I want more joy. I want more happiness. I have a beautiful son [Julian Thicke, 6]. I’ve been lucky to do what I’ve done and to focus on anything else is such a waste. It’s a discipline because trust me we all go there. What I’m striving for is to have more joy, play, have fun with this life. Growing older is a good thing in that way, right? Keep on trucking. You have to find the place where it gets comfortable and easier.”

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Theo Wargo

1. ada

June 9, 2016 at 5:16 pm

If all women could learn that your personal happiness is important, we wouldn’t settle for less.

2. KARASHIKA

June 9, 2016 at 6:04 pm

More joy, More happiness… Isn’t dat all we all strive for. Bless her

3. Bey

June 9, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Robin Thicke lost a good woman.
    I kinda feel sorry for him bcos it isn’t easy finding d kind of love they had.
    He can date as many 19yr olds as he likes, but I still see d pain in his eyes. He hasn’t been d same since she left.
    Wish dem both luck.

4. mary

June 9, 2016 at 6:45 pm

exactly, if women can actually stand strong knowing that their happiness is in their hands and not in men.

5. Beard gang

June 10, 2016 at 1:09 am

Which nonsense pain in his eyes? lmao The man is kicking with a new babe and you are here saying pain; the pain is in your comment. Lol A lot of women are delusional. This man apologised and begged for forgiveness yet she didn’t yield.
    Robin has moved on with a younger,vibrant, prettier and loving woman. Guess what? the kids love her. Some women be fooling themselves that because the men don’t appear on covers or grant interviews they are sober. Iranu

6. Tosin

June 10, 2016 at 5:38 am

my only interest in the divorce is that it produced a fantastic album. “Paula” by Robin Thicke.

the press made it almost like he married a little child and oppressed her, whereas it’s more like a normal friendship and marriage. you know how little i care for such bull* women stories.

7. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

June 10, 2016 at 12:30 pm

I saw his performance at a BET awards ceremony where he dedicated a song to her and asked for her forgiveness, personally I was moved but surprised that she never responded. He had his faults but at least he owned up to it. She should have just giving him a chance.

8. xx

June 10, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Dearest God knows the number of chances* she has given to him, for her to actually not be moved by all that. Nne if e Don do u e Don do u.