Scoop

“Most of us ladies live in fear that pregnancy will ruin our bodies forever” – Sonia Ogbonna shares the Journey of her Post-Baby Body

Ik Ogbonna wife Sonia and son

Sonia Ogbonna, wife of Nollywood actor and model Ik Ogbonna, got her post-baby body back so fast it was incredible.

The mum of 1 is sharing encouraging words on how she did it and advising other women not to be afraid.

She wrote:

I know how most of us ladies live in fear that pregnancy will ruin our bodies forever. We see women, even celebrities, that never look the same again after childbirth and we wander “what can I expect?” Sometimes we justify everything with good/bad “genetics” acting like it determines our destiny and that kind of thinking help us make a peace and comfort with being uncomfortable in our own skin.
And I’m talking out of my own past experiences and wrong attitude that made me forget I have an absolute charge over my own life. But then…

1)Pic : Exactly 7 days postpartum 2)Pic: 15 days postpartum 3)Pic: 40 days postpartum To make it clear, I have never done any surgery and I have never ever put myself through radical dieting nether I ever starved myself. That’s an extra reason I have a need to make you understand that it’s not that hard and it doesn’t take any extreme measures to look the way you always wished. I want to share all my secret recipes, products, drinks, all my ways and routines that helped before and after my pregnancy to feel good in my skin and get the maximum out of my body. Remember, the goal is not to look like someone else; it’s to look like the best possible version of yourself! Stay tuned, to be continued loves!

1. Adaobi

June 10, 2016 at 3:47 pm

You just started making babies

• Hian

June 11, 2016 at 4:21 pm

So you need how many babies to qualify to talk about baby weight? What’s Nigerians obsession with shutting up young people then blaming them for not being active enough. HIAN

2. Prince

June 10, 2016 at 4:04 pm

She’s gat an amazing body though. i envy IK o

3. keeks

June 10, 2016 at 4:12 pm

I f sonia gets this right, she could be knocking on a gold mine, lots of ladies are scared shitless of pre n post pregnancy weight… she has a great audience, and i wish her wel, just package it right darlyn and make a name for yourself. source for products and ways that appeal to various social groups…
    God bless ur hustle

4. Beeeee

June 10, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Don’t know why I love this lady. I just do. Beautiful!

5. One chance

June 10, 2016 at 4:35 pm

*rolls eyes* arent our bodies different?

6. Kemi Arowolo

June 10, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Really nice. Any body can snap back within a limited time frame. There’s this page on ig that helps people in Nigeria. @curamadre if I got the spelling right. They’re good. Welldone Sonia!

7. funshe

June 10, 2016 at 6:01 pm

God forgive me but why does this gal always remind me of a wicked step mum like the way she does her face like if you move close…. lol

the irony of life she may be a sweet gal tho

8. vivianni

June 10, 2016 at 7:43 pm

O set ie…once they want to do bi’ness on top ppl head..dem go come dey show empathy..
    tomorrow now she go come begin dey sell one “thing” for instagram..
    Oriaku ogbonna,nobody asked you mbok..
    p:s..if you really want to help folks..go straight to d point..tell’em what you wana tell’em..all these “stay tuned” ain’t shii..you just wana be on d news again..
    I see you!!!
    your baby is cute for several days btw..

9. Yom

June 10, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Na so them dey start do business on insta.I know some of them, selling one concoction or other, the one wey surprise me pass na Abiola d governor daughter after stealing so much gov money she do one yeye giveaway , the next thing is blogging , for more money abi.mchew!!!!

10. Anon

June 11, 2016 at 12:26 am

I want to believe that it all depends on your body structure and DNA! Anytime i go out, i get asked out by good looking men from different races! Flashback,, i was so skinny! infact, was flat everywhere but after having kids, Thank God! Perfect body! I eat anything! Yet still same! Mine is in the DNA!

11. Bokun

June 11, 2016 at 8:45 am

Duh pregnancy Does change your body. The way your body lays down fat changes forever. It’s just life. It’s a natural process. No pressure. Also bodies are different. I feel women need to be mindful of staying healthy. Therefore eating healthy is a most. Most women are busy snd active. Running after kids, market runs, school runs, “bedmington” cooking cleaning making sure everyone is happy , worrying i personally dont waste my calories in a gym . I burn them running my home. I don’t have a maid so I’m able to maximise my energy usage. I feel if a woman is frightened that pregnancy will change her body then prehaps she’s not ready for motherhood. Having a child doesn’t just change your body it changes your whole life. It comes as a shock to some couples and leads to an increase risk of developing bonding issues with the baby, domestic abuse and postnatal depression . Personally I’m not in support of pre and post pregger shots I feel its a product of the FAKE social media age and trivalizes parenthood. A big shout out to all my beautiful mum’s keeping it real. Yall awesome have a great weekend ?

12. Bey

June 11, 2016 at 2:59 pm

My dears just walk 10,000 steps a day. That roughly 1 and a half hours. Smtimes I do 2hrs power walking with sensible eating and I’m loosing weight.
    One can’t be on a diet forever. I even love carbs too much.