Scoop

Tamar Braxton is Moving On! She is Getting Her Own TV Show with Steve Harvey’s Production Company

BellaNaija.com

LOS ANGELES, CA - MAY 19: Singer Tamar Braxton attends the 12th Annual MusiCares MAP Fund Tribute Concert at The Novo by Microsoft on May 19, 2016 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Earl Gibson III/Getty Images

LOS ANGELES, CA – MAY 19: Singer Tamar Braxton attends the 12th Annual MusiCares MAP Fund Tribute Concert at The Novo by Microsoft on May 19, 2016 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Earl Gibson III/Getty Images

Tamar Braxton‘s allegedly problematic behaviour on ‘The Real’ has done little to tarnish her friendship with Steve Harvey.

She was accused of berating and belittling several employees during her time on the series but her departure does not mark the end of her run on television because Steve Harvey has given her her very own talkshow!

The singer took to Harvey’s radio show to share her side of the story after she learned she had been booted from the series. She later joined Harvey to announce that they were to launch a talkshow together.

On his radio show, Harvey announced that his production company has signed a deal to produce a new show for Tamar.

“We saw the opportunity of what people may recognize as the end, but it’s not,” he said. “It’s such a beginning. She has such a bright future. She is such a star. She has so much to offer. She is a plethora of talent. We think she would make a great game show host, we think she would make a great talk show host, we think she’s in line to produce a number of series…we are proud to announce today that Tamar Braxton is already on her feet.”

Though they have not fixed a premiere date for Braxton’s new show, it is expected to compete with Wendy Williams‘ daytime show.

Watch the interview here!

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Earl Gibson III

1. B.E

June 3, 2016 at 1:52 am

Great news for Tamar But!!! If everyone around her is shouting similar concerns, she really needs to sit down, listen and pray on how to work on these areas to avoid history repeating itself.

• queen

June 3, 2016 at 8:28 am

B.E well said. this is not a bash against her but when many are uttering the same concerns she should really reflect on life. Congrats to her, way to move forward.

2. Stephanie Jokes

June 3, 2016 at 4:52 am

I have a lot of interested game shows and reality showcideas and want to know who can o pit h them to.

3. BlueEyed

June 3, 2016 at 5:14 am

Won’t he do it?!! Good going Tay, I honestly don’t think these behavior accusations being the reason she was fired, the truth is the production of the REAL is broke, so they had to make cuts, and she was the easy prey because of her exhuberant personality.

4. Temz

June 3, 2016 at 5:44 am

Yaaaas! Her personality was too big for The Real anyway.. Good for her

5. ATL's finest

June 3, 2016 at 5:47 am

You can’t hold a true talented artist down for too LONG!!! Way to Mrs. Vince

6. Tony Z

June 3, 2016 at 6:18 am

Big deal if she hasn’t learned her lessons from her past mistakes, this show won’t last that long but then sadly our society LOVES rudy behavior, and folks that can turn up and out. A two to maybe three year window for me. God help our messed up society, can’t say you weren’t warned Steve.

• Chi

June 3, 2016 at 9:05 am

The same thing will repeat itself even if it takes 5 years . She hasn’t learned how to treat people .

7. TIana

June 3, 2016 at 6:52 am

Wow….I’ve been blessed by what was said in this video…so inspiring! Go Tamar! so proud of you

8. Lizzie

June 3, 2016 at 8:02 am

Go TayTay!!! ????????

9. Paulette

June 3, 2016 at 1:58 pm

I am a true, Tamar fan. The show is called The Real….What? She can’t be REAL? I love the lip smacking, head rolling Tamar. God is good. Congrats! Can’t keep a real Queen down…Blessings’ BTW…I am a professional black woman….

10. Cookie

June 3, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Compete with Wendy Williams how? I think not ooo,Tamar should find her own niche and lane.. I hope my Steve Harvey won’t regret his decision 2have her on his team,she needs to learn humility and professionalism..However you talk to your siblings and husband is your prerogative,don’t bring that to the work environment.. I wish her the very best on this new journey,Tamar is a very hard working and resourceful lady,she just needs to work on her attitude..

11. thatcurvychic

June 3, 2016 at 4:24 pm

I love Taytay, she is the realest person.. (if there is ever a word like that) i have ever seen. Society frowns upon ppl telling the truth and that has to stop. She has a lot to offer the world. Will keep glued to my TV Set and watch her till forever. Love you Taytay . Getcho life!!!!!!!

12. GeeGee

June 3, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Won’t He do it??? YES GOD!!!

13. Mslady4968

June 3, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Congratulations to Tamar Braxton!!! I knew she would be alright.

14. keechi

June 4, 2016 at 2:25 pm

Look I wish Tamar the best and I’m happy for her but I don’t wanna be the bubble buster. I don’t think this show will rate well and of your show doesn’t have good ratings, the network will cut u out. But hey girl, prove me wrong.

15. Abby

June 10, 2016 at 9:38 am

People be saying tay Tay has an attitude. She is nottttt! Everybody don’t have to be the quiet type. Please allow her be self for God’s sake. She is really kind and generous. Can’t forget the episode she gave someone a CHANNEL bag. Wowwwwww.