Music

Flavour Shows Love to Widows in Enugu with Gifts and a Beautiful Acoustic Performance

BellaNaija.com

Flavour-with-Love-African-Tour-July-2016-BellaNaija0005

Superstar musician Flavour N’abania recently went on a visit to his home state Enugu where he had the opportunity to meet with widows there.

Flavour-with-Love-African-Tour-July-2016-BellaNaija0003

In his words, “Women are the cornerstone of African culture, I felt it was important to go pay tribute and spend time with them”. He also documented his trip giving his fans the chance to see another side of the superstar and his acoustic performance for the widows.

Watch the performance here:

See photos from his trip…

Flavour-with-Love-African-Tour-July-2016-BellaNaija0008 Flavour-with-Love-African-Tour-July-2016-BellaNaija0011 Flavour-with-Love-African-Tour-July-2016-BellaNaija0013 Flavour-with-Love-African-Tour-July-2016-BellaNaija0015 Flavour-with-Love-African-Tour-July-2016-BellaNaija0018 Flavour-with-Love-African-Tour-July-2016-BellaNaija0019 Flavour-with-Love-African-Tour-July-2016-BellaNaija0021 Flavour-with-Love-African-Tour-July-2016-BellaNaija0002

1. nnenna

July 22, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Welldone Flavour.

• Anonymous

July 25, 2016 at 10:12 pm

I wept so much.. this video broke my heart in ways i cannot fully put in writing, but the key message is that we are a people that have been failed by our government. Despite how richly blessed we are there are no welfare payment for the vulnerable and less privileged, yet our government swallows taxes and other revenue daily to better their personal lot and that of their family members. I am so angry and frustrated that these women are at the mercy of the benevolence of kind hearted Nigeria. God bless you flavour, You will never lack.

2. nnenne

July 23, 2016 at 12:04 am

May the Good Lord continue to bless you, Flavour!
    May God bless the widows too.

3. blaqui_boi

July 23, 2016 at 12:04 am

This brought tears to my eyes, God will continue his good works in your life and career FLAVOR

• tears

July 23, 2016 at 3:45 am

me too! damn onions! love u Flavour. He is one of the few African musicians I can listen to all his songs without skipping. others include Lokua Kanza and Richard Bona

• tears

July 23, 2016 at 3:56 am

OMG my whole day will be spent dancing to Flavour’s songs. im so emotional, I think my menses is around the corner..lol

4. Ebere

July 23, 2016 at 12:38 am

This is exactly what God wants us to do to our neighbors in need, not telling them to kneel down so you can pray for them or telling them that God will surely provide. #NewKinddaRespectForFlavourr#….

5. Nadia

July 23, 2016 at 12:54 am

I’m just here tearing up. This is so touching. God bless you Flavour.

6. ATL's finest

July 23, 2016 at 2:22 am

Whaooo! I’m glad I didn’t jump into conclusion before watching??. Whao God bless U & well done. BTW, he can sing without all that extra studio help. Yes some of these singers sound awful without auto tune or sth. SUPER Flavor & God bless U plenty.

7. ThankGodForMe

July 23, 2016 at 5:17 am

It was beautiful.

8. Zikky

July 23, 2016 at 5:28 am

This warmed my heart so very much. I cried a river watching this. God will answer those women’s prayers on your behalf Flavour for this magnificent gesture. This is what God asks us to do everyday, look out for the widows, orphans, and destitute of the society. “When you pray for the hungry, give them food” ~pope Francis paraphrased . I pray to be able to do this in my community too someday soon. God bless you Flavour, I have always liked you and glad to see how humble you are, your gestures in the video were all sincere and genuine.

9. Shalom

July 23, 2016 at 6:19 am

God bless you flavor for remembering the widows, we need to give back to those who are in need. …I mean u u u u u u and uuuuuuu,

10. Korede17

July 23, 2016 at 6:54 am

U just made me cry and inspire me to do more ..God bless u more and more

11. Mama

July 23, 2016 at 6:56 am

I must commend Flavour in this regard. Regardless of what goes on in his personal life, he still shows that he has a heart of gold and love for others. We are a people who do not have a culture of giving back unless we feel we can get something in return, either directly or from God. This is not even about religion, atheists also give back, It is a social responsibility which does not require “wealth” to practice. This is a call to action for all of us. God bless you richly Flavour!

12. artklub

July 23, 2016 at 7:05 am

Good Boy Flavor, Thank You!

13. Missappleberry

July 23, 2016 at 9:12 am

Don’t know why this just reminds me of my daily verse today;

“Watch out! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven. (Matthew 6:1)

• Lo

July 23, 2016 at 10:14 am

There’s always one Negative Nancy on a positive article. My sister, only God knows and can judge the hearts and motives of men and women! He may have shared this to inspire others, not to be praised or admired. And he may be doing lots of things in private that we don’t know about. For me, the message I’ve taken from this piece is that we should each do our own bit to help those in need all around us; let’s be inspired and motivated by the good works of others as several commenters have already said.

14. Anon

July 23, 2016 at 9:44 am

I shed tears. My estimation of Flavour just went up. Chukwu gozie gi Flavour and to the widows, Chukwu gozie unu.

15. Kukks

July 23, 2016 at 9:50 am

Flavour ba anyi, muru, kuru! *inthickmbaiseaccent*

16. Lis

July 23, 2016 at 10:42 am

Miss Appleberry I wud available agreed with yup if was the fast time he donated some musical instruments to come church a while back… and many more…. I am not a fan of his songs (my choice)…… but this is inspiring on so many levels… a humanitarian act that is absolutely commendable

17. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

July 23, 2016 at 10:58 am

Jesus Christ!!!!!

This one’s called; CHARITY.

18. Aprillaugh.com

July 23, 2016 at 11:05 am

This really made me cry. He said “this might not solve all your problems but it will alleviate it.” And the beautiful lady that called him her friend. What an amazing time to be alive to watch good people do good things. God bless you so much, Flavour. May your life never lack flavour.

19. Marylyn Monroe

July 23, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Their emotions are real and raw..God bless u Flavour. A lil help goes a long way..and he sang for them! And made them feel young again..if not for anything he made them feel special, and that cannot be faked…

20. Clementine Iweh

July 23, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Love you load Flavour

21. Tosin

July 26, 2016 at 3:09 am

So moving and beautiful. Mmm mmm mmm. Music. I want to be like Flavour o. Generosity, and I want to speak Igbo. No more jokes, mo maa gbo Ibo ni.