Scoop

Ghanaian Celeb Derrick Kobina Bonney says “Men can cheat because we bought the wedding ring…We own you”

BellaNaija.com

Derrick Kobina Bonney

Ghanaian comedian Derrick Kobina Bonney is trending in the media in Ghana for some unconventional views he shared while on the Joy FM’s lifestyle and entertainment programme Rhythm A to Z over the weekend.

Talking about relationships and the fact that some men cheat on their wives, he said “[Men can cheat] because we bought the wedding ring and we organised the wedding and you bear our surname. We own you. Actually the word bride means a cook. We own them. The man doesn’t bear the woman’s surname. We own the children, that’s why they bear our surname.”

He also said “When you find the man cheating, you leave him to God because that was what our mother and grandmothers did.”

His views on infidelity caused quite the ruckus on Ghanaian Twitter for a few days.

Listen to the radio show below.

1. lola

July 20, 2016 at 10:37 am

And a lady would still end up with this nonentity. Oshi radarada

• AceOfSpade

July 20, 2016 at 12:34 pm

This bobo is dead already. Girls gon finish him! One day when you are very sick and can’t stand, can’t sit, can’t eat without help and all you have got is that woman and no other person….not even family members because those would be busy with their families….I hope you will remember this statement. If she decides to leave then, let’s see f you can fight for what you own!

• fleur

July 21, 2016 at 3:09 am

wanted to respond but looked at his singlet, twisted body hair aka tuhi tuhi, and depraved look and decided my ink was worth more.

• jhennique

July 21, 2016 at 9:19 am

Who gave birth to the retard?

• MOUTH MOUTH

July 21, 2016 at 8:22 pm

like he pack bentley infront of your house right now, u will be the first person to ask if he is looking for you

2. Maryam Ikhina

July 20, 2016 at 10:39 am

…..and somebody will still marry the idiot o

3. Nana Abena

July 20, 2016 at 10:52 am

Look at this Fool.. No wonder your career isn’t going anywhere. Kwasiaaaaa

4. TeeCee

July 20, 2016 at 10:55 am

Dude must be insane.

5. roxxi

July 20, 2016 at 10:56 am

Idiotaa

#morningrubbish

6. blueivy

July 20, 2016 at 10:59 am

just dont know why i disapprove of this one

7. anonymous

July 20, 2016 at 11:02 am

Isn’t it this same idiot that slapped a girl in the Big Brother house? Not surprised at all misogynistic a**hole.

• NEE

July 20, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Gbam. he is the same dude that disgraced Ghana by slapping a woman at the Big brother africa house.

8. Dennis

July 20, 2016 at 11:04 am

This is nonsense, can u imagine what u are saying.

9. purplieciousbabe

July 20, 2016 at 11:11 am

he is FOOL…..I hope he knows this too…

10. Baby gurl

July 20, 2016 at 11:12 am

This lowlife attention seeking dead career struggling son of an ape shouldn’t be given an iota of press attention biko nu. Women are now paying for entire weddings, women now buy wedding rings and bands, men are now taking up their women’s surnames so can someoneshe please buy this ape a time machine and package him back to Year 9000BC where he belongs with his fellow apes and lookalike orangutan cousins.

• Concerned citizen

July 20, 2016 at 12:19 pm

Ahhh HE IS FINISHED

11. staphylococcus aureus

July 20, 2016 at 11:18 am

Sorry to deviate from the post. I had moderate form of staphylococcus aureus and has been treated. But the problem is that I still have pimples on my vagina which is really disturbing. My doctor prescribed an ointment bactoban which I should use for 10 days but my situation is still the same. Please anyone with similar problem or solution? Thank you

• Zarah A

July 20, 2016 at 1:32 pm

See another doctor

• mariez

July 20, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Go see another doc. I think you have “genital warts” is it multiplying?? more tests need be run to ascertain that tho.

• AHausaChickInToronto

July 20, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Where in Aristotles name did you study medicine? Weren’t you taught not to give an ailment a name until you are certain? And if you didn’t study medicine or any hard core medical science please stop jumping into conclusion, it is very wrong…..

Madam staphylococcus, don’t mind her, no you do not have genital warts, complain to the same doctor or another one if this current one seems like he doesn’t care. They are likely to prescribe an oral/intravenous medication that is targeted at the type of bacterial infection you have, and this is likely after a blood test has been done to CONFIRM what bacterial infection you have.

• Missappleberry

July 20, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Hello,
      While making plans to see another doctor. Try to observe a good personal hygiene. Don’t wear anything nylon or lycra from panties to tights. Also, avoid sleeping at night wearing such materials to keep the area airy. Saying this because such materials could cause the area to be really sweaty which could further aggravate a break out. Wear cotton panties only and practice safe sex too. Bathe twice daily and wash the area with clean water only. No soaps and no feminine wash. Hope u get better soon

12. Moyo

July 20, 2016 at 11:18 am

I am not judging this matter with my church mind, I hope when he engages in infidelity, he wont catch, aids, and other sexually transmitted disease

13. Libby

July 20, 2016 at 11:25 am

Lol ode ! He’s just looking for attention.

14. Big Tee

July 20, 2016 at 11:29 am

Many are mad but only very little are roaming around, I guess this guy is among the roaming few.

15. bunmi1

July 20, 2016 at 11:32 am

Heya……. don’t blame him he’s definitely high on cheap drugs! SMH

16. marlee

July 20, 2016 at 11:43 am

My oh my. this octopus here i just foolish and the hair on his shoulders is so disgusting. i wont even think of dating him even if he offered me a trillion dollar. which he surely doesnt have and never will. come be my gate boy fool.

17. Paul Adeyemo

July 20, 2016 at 11:54 am

Typical Nigeria women, abusing the guy, na so he pain you reach. If you guys don’t accept his statement, just waka pass. Even in the Bible men were reputed to be adulterous, it’s our way. Men are created to be polygamous, if you don’t like it, go and cheat urself. I thought what a man can do, a woman can do better. Men are polygamous, deal with it. In Africa, a man cheats and nothing will happen, if you cheat as a wife and you are caught, we would disgrace you and send you out of the house in shame.

• Smith

July 20, 2016 at 12:22 pm

• lily

July 20, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Whoever hurt you Mr Paul Adeyemo. Do you have females you care about in your life?! *sigh*

• I sight u

July 21, 2016 at 12:27 am

Please cheat on your white wife, let her know then tell us what happened

• Lord Peter Baelish

July 21, 2016 at 4:32 am

You are Bruno abi?

• Amanda

July 21, 2016 at 12:15 pm

I guess your mother is also a property owned by your father.

18. Bella

July 20, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Then you will see people foaming at mouth, abeg dis guy is a comedian first of all and remember that most of them relate their materials from personal life and choices. I would steer clear of such nonsense. This is not the stone age, nobody owns another body, with this warped mindset, honestly, do we have any hope as a civilized society that accepts every human being as a whole person and not wholly owned by another? Na wao! Thank goodness for me I have never fancied to marry a Ghanaian (Disclaimer : generalized statement, am sure they are very good and normal Ghanaian man out there who don’t agree with this arrant nonsense being spewed by Mr comedian above biko.) He must just scurry back to the stone age. LOL

19. j'suis belle

July 20, 2016 at 12:05 pm

@paul adeyemo read your bible well and whether even GOD condones what you are advocating,and as for that joker up there leave him with his craziness,showing so much disresppect for his girlfriend or wife publicly

20. Smith

July 20, 2016 at 12:25 pm

21. Smith

July 20, 2016 at 12:38 pm

@Paul Agree with you,it is his personal opinion, take it or leave it , why all the insults , it will even make him or people like him more stubborn.

22. Pink

July 20, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Sigh!! I don’t even have the strength for this one. Ghanaians oo, come and carry your jollof away from here mbok!

• Maame

July 20, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Don’t do this to us LOL! Please, we gladly dash him to you guys
      Never have I been so ashamed of being Ghanaian

23. Yummychickcummummy

July 20, 2016 at 12:44 pm

Lmao!! Pekepeke, mo re mo l’agege………. When I thought v read it all from misogynist!!!! I pity andweep for his spouse with this mentality.

24. Missappleberry

July 20, 2016 at 1:01 pm

BN knows what to post to get comments sha….I cant believe some folks are really ranting and giving this guy the attention he so needs with this statement. We all need to take a chill pill and just ignore sometimes…

25. Every mallam to his kettle.

July 20, 2016 at 1:16 pm

His logic doesn’t make sense at all, however he is not hiding his views and deceiving anyone. So ladies if you can’t deal, stay clear.

• Mo

July 20, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Abi, while I totally disagree with him and think he’s foolish for saying this, at least he’s not pretending like the ones that will swear upandan that the are faithful while sleeping around.

26. Kelechi

July 20, 2016 at 1:47 pm

He expressed how most men feels when they cheat, as they feels the lady is likely to forgive u, most especially when u got money. The most important thing for a lady to do, is to ensure she has her own money. So I implore every lady out there to ensure the finances are divided fifty fifty, as there is no better way to advance the feminist cause than to be financially sufficient.

• Cindy

July 20, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Hmmm…… how about domestic sufficiency? Are you up for that?

• Kelechi

July 20, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Men are not good in culinary duties.But I get were u are coming from.

• MC

July 20, 2016 at 5:33 pm

And the world’s top chefs are????

27. Eezy

July 20, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Can someone put this ‘boy’ in a time machine and take him back to the 7th century. He belongs to that era!!!!

28. bk

July 20, 2016 at 6:17 pm

@ staphylococcus aureus which drugs did u use, I’ve been battling staph Aureus for like 7 months now, I’m tired. I tried ceftriaxone/ciprofloxacin it didn’t work. It

• staphylococcus aureus

July 20, 2016 at 8:22 pm

I don’t know if mine is spiritual staph. I was given series of injections , ciprofloxacin, with flagyl + topical cream ticocosid and nizoral before I was given bactroban which helped greatly but couldn’t eliminate it. I also had traditional medicine afterwards and even tried body cleansing detox. I have seen 3 doctors in Nigeria, one in UK. And no I don’t engage in sexual activities anymore. Nothing seems to be working

29. chief

July 20, 2016 at 7:10 pm

@paul Adeyemo,very much so.It’s our entitlement of being men,i don’t call it cheating rather i call it spicing things up.I remember as a child my father used to tell me that men are polygamous in nature.

30. truthservedhot

July 21, 2016 at 12:29 am

I can see DKB has his fellow ndi mpki in here.

31. Ainy

July 21, 2016 at 10:24 am

Unfortunately a lady will marry this Idiot! Who knows whether he has even married. is it not better to remain single and be messing around like animal that you instead of getting married to one innocent, decent and responsible lady to make life miserable for her by sleeping with all her friends sisters and neighbours! If you can’t be faithful to your spouse why getting married. Did anyone force you into marriage Mr. HE GOAT!!!